My family reunion took place at the Holiday Inn Waterway, June 23-25th. After driving 7 hours from Maryland, we arrived at the hotel to find the hotel was undergoing renovations. We were never informed of these renovations, because if I had known I would have stayed at another hotel or location. There were 3 big parties at the hotel; 2 family reunions and a wedding party, speaking to members from both groups, no one was aware of the renovations. Only 1 of the two elevators were working, which by the end of the weekend wasn't operation properly. For instance I was on the 4th floor, the elevator wouldn't take me straight down or up we had to stop on each floor and this is after waiting a great deal of time for the elevator to come. The rooms were horrible. The bathrooms weren't clean and when the maid service came in they didn't clean the bathroom completely. The room was run down and smelled moldy. I question if the sheets were clean, in fact I have developed a rash on my arm, shoulder and back after staying at the hotel. The hallways of the hotel were also horrible. The carpets were really worn and there was pant on the carpet and parts of the carpets in certain rooms were pulled up. Although the restaurant and bar area were the best parts of the hotel, we discovered ants in the fruit on the breakfast bar. The area were the hotel was located was horrible. They advertise area shopping when ALL the local retail was closed. I took my concerns to the staff and the only response I got was, well you got a discount. Well I got a discount because my family reunion was held at the hotel and we blocked of a large block of rooms. Our rate was $129 per night and I must say it was a rip off. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our hotel, Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, located directly on the Intracoastal Waterway in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, just minutes from the sandy beaches of the Grand Strand! A place where visitors return time and time again to enjoy more than sixty miles of sunny, sandy beaches. Visitors enjoy golfing on championship courses, gourmet restaurants, exciting nightlife, retail and outlet shopping, and much more. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina embraces fun for everyone, offering key attractions like Broadway at the Beach, Ripley's Aquarium, Brookgreen Gardens, Huntington Beach State Park, Barefoot Landing, House of Blues, Alligator Adventure, La Belle Amie Vineyards, miniature golf, and amusement parks. The hotel is just minutes from great shopping at the Coastal Grand Mall, Tanger Outlets and the New Market Commons. While visiting, check out our huge line up of family dining and entertainment...Pirates Voyage, Medieval Times, the Palace Theater, Alabama Theater, Carolina Opry, Legends in Concert, IMAX 3D Theater, Planet Hollywood, Margaritaville, Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse, and many, many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Center
- Clarion Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Holiday Inn