Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach
Ranked #128 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach, Broadway At the Beach, the middle aged chubby blond lady that was working the Breakfast Area, was rude to us. My wife asked her a simple question and she very rudely said "What you see, is what you get!!". We are Gold members and we're very upset with her attitude. We both felt bad for the young man working with her. We arrived Thursday (June 19) and departed Sunday (June 22). The young man was very polite to us. Please let the manager know he was apologetic for her. But we Will never stay there as long as that lady is there. I think her name tag said Ronda, If I remember correctly the young man's name was Jeff. Because of "Ronda" I have to give your Hotel a poor rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff S

Reviewed 7 June 2014

First off this hotel has a NO CONCEALED WEAPONS POLICY and the sign is properly posted in accordance with state law. Out of town travellers who may be travelling with LEGAL weapons carrying LEGAL Permits may need to make arrangement for storage.

With that said now to my review since nothing on the website states that out of town travellers could be surprised when arriving at the hotel in a state that has legal carry reciprocation withmost East Coast States.

This hotel is good for stay, the breakfast is standard and it seems to be the hotel of choice for Bus tours to myrtle beach. Throughout the week I noticed bus tours in the morning downstairs at breakfast. The hotel is within walking distance to broadway at the beach and overall is comfortable and clean.

My average rating is due to the fact that that I will not stay here again simply because of the CWP policy. They have the right to have the policy and I have the right to not stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Buckeye_Highway
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Buckeye_Highway,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know that you found our location worked for you.

I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the lack of information on the concealed weapons policy, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Myrtle Beach.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The carpet was stained through out. There was an unpleasant oder. The breakfast was not good. But typical hotel continental. I killed two spiders in our room. It is over a mile from the beach. We will not stay here again. The bed was very hard. But they were replacing these.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nada T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Nada T,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I appreciate that you have chosen us for your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms, as well as our breakfast selection, were not able to meet your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and rest assured that I have forwarded them to right department for the purpose of bringing improvement to our service.

I hope you give us a chance to provide you with the best hotel experience on your next stay.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband travels all the time & Holiday Inn is the hotel his company prefers. He has Priority status & after all these stays earns points. We booked this trip, months in advance & this hotel was not the one we wanted to even stay at.
As a priority customer they welcome you & I understand that it is whatever they have available as we are using our points but this hotel stuck us on the noisy side of Highway 17 during bike week. I am writing this because I cannot sleep due to all the noise. We checked in & I went back to the front desk telling my husband we would not sleep due to the highway noise. Girl at desk told us she had no rooms on the other side where it would have been quiet.
As a priority customer, they forget that without these customers who stay at Holiday Inns for work, weeks at a time,& without them, they would not have a job.
This was booked months in advance & so much for priority, they just don't care where they stick you especially since we had a flight to catch in the morning.
Sorry but there were bikers here for bike week who might not have had a problem with sleeping on the busy highway 17 but we did. I am sure they got the quiet side of the building.
I will not recommend this hotel to anyone and thank goodness at least I can sleep on the plane later today as I cannot sleep in this hotel,

Room Tip: Noisy on highway 17 side, do not book a room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Viola221
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Viola221,

As a loyal IHG Rewards Member we appreciate your loyalty towards the IHG Brand.
I am very sorry that you were not able to sleep due to the noise during your stay. We understand that getting a good night's rest is very important for our well being.

During bike week we strive to upgrade our guests to the pool side of the building because this side is usually quieter than our parking lot side.

If your future travels brings you to the Myrtle Beach area, we hope that you give us another chance.

Warm Regards,

Paola Miller

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The pool was heated, the staff was pleasant, the location was really good. It was across the street from a major tourist attraction. it was clean. The sheets were fresh. The bed was comfy. The pillow choices and bed firmness was good. No complaints.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This Holiday Inn Express needs a makeover. The location is great for Myrtle or access to North Myrtle but the rooms are deplorable. The staff (Ashely) was fabulous but it ended with Ashley.
Our room was not completely cleaned on any day and even after advising the GM the room was not clean. Papers remained on the floor, coffee pot not emptied, no new coffee for the next day and I dare not walk on the rug, it was disgusting.

Holiday Inn is taking advantage of its location and pumping people through with no regard for the status of the hotel and it's cleanliness. There is a Fairlield Inn next door, stay there!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlie M
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Charlie M,

I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the positives about our hotel. For the negatives I can assure you as the brand new General Manager here, we are making big changes to remedy these issues immediately. Stay with us again and you will be happy.

Warm Regards,

Paola Miller

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed at this location for a one night stay midweek on business. The location is great and the hotel was modern and clean. There was no noice through the night and I was right near the elevator. I got a good nights rest and would certainly stay here again. I did try and print a document that I needed for work in the business center and the computer was not working porperly - no big deal though as it did not change my experience in a negative way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business