“Exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #75 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We had a great. Trevor (front desk night supervisor) was awesome at check in. Since we have never stayed in the Tower we showed us up to our room and were to park. Joe Baxter the front desk manager gave us a later than late check out since it was my anniversary weekend with my husband. The rooms was great, housekeeping did a outstanding job on the room as well as restocking out towels and tidying up the room. All the staff here was pleasant and welcoming. We just didn't want to leave.

1 Thank Katie H
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you for your review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority so we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you "didn't want to leave"! Our staff works very hard to make sure that our guests are enjoying their stay so we appreciate your kind words in describing them as “outstanding” and Trevor and Joe, made such a positive impression. We are excited that you will be back soon and we look forward to exceeding your expectations again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Mt. Gilead
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

My stay in the hotel with oceanfront view was wonderful. I truly love this place because of the great staff and location. Having been here before I can say without question some negative reviews on here are not telling the truth or are exaggerating for reason.
There is nothing management won't do to make your stay here fantastic. Any problem or need I had ever had has been handled quickly and efficiently. The General Manager, (Chris) is clearly passionate about great service and I have seen and heard the respect his staff has for him. Now I know why the service is so incredible. He hires really nice people and sets the standards through his example. I want to share my own observations. I was sitting in the lobby when four young men walked in, each carrying a military back pack. A man came out of nowhere and welcomed each of them home with a handshake and a big smile. He turned to the desk clerk and said please make sure these young men are well taken care of. He thanked them for their service and told them to call him if there was anything they needed.
After I asked who that was and the clerk told me it was the GM. She told me that was normal for him and that he is very passionate about great service. I was impressed and now I know the rest of the story.
I will most certainly return and I love the new renovations in the lobby and dining room. Thanks again to the entire staff and management for making me feel special and for caring about our troops.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Claire D
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments. We greatly appreciate your recognition of the Westgate Myrtle Beach General Manager (Chris). Guest satisfaction is our top priority. Chris and his entire staff work hard to this end everyday. They take pride in providing our owners and guests with everything they need to create memorable vacation experiences. Thank you for choosing the Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront location to create those memories. We would like to say, " The pleasure was ours!" See you soon.
Albany, NY
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Once we were put in a room that didn't have roaches, our time there was good and pleasant! The staff was apologetic and immediately assigned us a better room. They shared with us that this time of the year you may see roaches.

Room Tip: Share with the Check In Desk you want to check out the room before committing to it.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We again must apologize that you encountered this challenge and for any inconvenience it may have caused. We find solace that our staff was able to "immediately" assign you to another room. Thank you once again for your review. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Our room was tiny Ocean view (side view of the ocean) with a pull out soft that was extremely uncomfortable a very small kitchen (full size frig, microwave, burner, toaster, coffee maker and sink) Bath with shower and 1 bedroom. We stayed on the beach as much as possible because the pools were crowded and our room as too small to stay in with 4 people.
We bought in 2008 when the sales team lied to us about what we were buying (size of the unit) and what would actually be completed by now. They still in 2012 only have 1 building complete and the rest is this the old Holiday Inn, which was a dive. The parking is horrible - the garage is still not finished since 2010 and there are no plans to finish it in the future and no plans to continue the growth of the "timeshare".
Thank goodness I got a really good deal on it - someone was being foreclosed on is the only thing I can say. You can't stay at the beach for what I pay in maintenance fees.
The pools were always dirty. They need to be cleaned on a daily or if not 2 times a day basics with so many people there.
As an owner - I do not want to talk to a sales person. If I have something to say I will contact them. This is tacky. I want to spend the time with my family not listening to a sales pitch.

Room Tip: Lower floors are occupied by pets - so it you have someone allergic make that specification. My son...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie B
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property. It appears that you have purchased a one bedroom standard in building 2000. This is the second timeshare building on the property as our tower 1000 is all oceanfront. We must apologize for the construction not moving along as fast as estimated due to the economy. We have brought the maintenance issues with the pools to managements attention and must apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your recent review and we hope to see you sometime soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The only way it could have gotten any sweeter was a longer stay. This was our first vacation together. The 1 bdrm Villa Ocean front,16th floor; it was simply amazing. The lay out of the rooms, decors, funiture, flat screen tv's, radio system, large balcony and most of all the view.

This was perfect for us, our own private villa. Set in style just the way we are accomodated in our own home.

No disappointments;great stay. We bless God for the opportunity and the favor we were shown.

Room Tip: NorthTower/The Villas;Ocean Front,Higher floors
1 Thank JSG2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are happy that you chose our property for your first vacation. What a way to make a lasting memory in one of our one bedroom villas, with upgraded amenities. Thank you once again for your review and we are looking forward to exceeding your expectations again!
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I love the customer service was excellent. The nite manager Trevor Jonas, and his associates, welcome me with excellent service. It was my first time at a beach. I had cancer in 2010, and I made my mind up that as soon as I could, Myrtle Beach would be my destination. Trevor and the night time customer srevice made me feel like a queen. I will visit them again. Sometime people take life for granted, I dont never hve. My Faith in God help me through this journey. The resort was wonderful, in ever way, but God oceans are so beautiful. It was an awesome trip, and I cant wait to go back to see the ocean and feel the sand on my feet. The children playing in the sand, what a beautiful thing to see, I pray Blessing on Trevor Jones, and the night crew. Be Blessed until we meet again.

Room Tip: Ocean front are great, hearing the ocean while you sleep is awesome. The rooms were clean, and evert...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank shelia b
Thank you for your recent review of our property. Thank you for recognizing Trevor and the night staff; they really appreciated being recognized. It's rewarding to know you were able to spend time with us and we can play a part in helping you create those memorable vacation experiences. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon.
Goldsboro, NC
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Let me first state that this hotel is not a resort unless you are residing in the towers. I traveled with a bus load of church members and three additional cars to this hotel Sept. 21-23, 2012. Prior to taking this trip, I read alot of reviews, hoping we would be in the Towers. Please read reviews before paying your money! We were given our rooms and parking permits by the group leader. Upon entering the Lobby, and waiting for the elevators, we noticed that the elevator on the right was "out of order" without a posted sign. Getting upstairs took a while with only one elevator working. Our room was 520. There is a musty smell in the hallway. My sister and I decided to check everything in the room and this is what we found. The room was indeed old looking and needed renovation badly. The toilet seat was damaged in two areas (chipped 2" x 1/2") We had to use toilet seat covers to prevent injury. If you slid back or forward, you could cut or puncture your buttocks. How much does a new toilet seat cost??? There was a large hole on the floor behind the toilet which could result in bugs entering your room. My bed was fine, linen was clean, however, my sister's bed was rocky. You could not sit on the left side of the bed without feeling you were on a boat (Noah's Ark without the animals) The bed would tumbled over if you were too comfortable. The right side of the bed was too close to the wall to exit for the bathroom during the night. The bottom latch on the door did not work. The upper security bar lock did work. All of the balconies are horizontal and anyone can climb from one balcony to another easily!!
On the second day, breakfast was fine. A nice selection of food, better than some hotels I have stayed. Since I drove, we decided to take a ride. When we returned to the hotel, we were greeted by the parking lo9t attendant. He informed us that we could not park in the hotel lot. That was for "Owner's and Handicapped" customers. He informed us that we had to park in one of three off site parking lots. We thought this was an outrage and decided to speak to someone at the front desk to complain. Mind you, we were given a permit to park there the previous day. After 15 minutes of chatting with the front desk, we were told it was ok to park in the hotel lot. After parking the car and entering the front entrance, we were told that 13-14 people were stucked in the elevator on the left (the only working elevator) for TEN minutes. Most of them was our church members. Imaging people stuck without airconditioning. One lady had trouble with the close proximetry. Members prayed and sung spirituals until the were rescued. The troubled lady was laid on the Lobby sofa until she came around.
On the second night, we decided to sit by the outside pool. We were greeted by numerous cock roaches from a nearby grate for water draining. We decided to walk the street of S. Ocean Blvd instread of waiting for the roach attacks! This is a place that I would not reccommend!! I would reccommend "The Hampton Inn & Suites on the same street.

Room Tip: Preview the room before you check in. Choose the Towers!! (prettier and cleaner)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DorisGoldsboro_NC
WestgateGuestRels, Front Office Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We certainly take your concerns seriously and apologize for the inconveniences that we may have caused. Each of your concerns have been shared and addressed with the staff and management of the resort. Parking is just across the street as is the norm for beach front hotels, and two crosswalks are provided. Future plans will address these parking concerns. Work is underway in the hotel units to address a new furniture upgrade which will include all new furniture and 32" flat HD TV's, as well as upgrades in all of the bathrooms. Thank you for bringing those items to our attention so that we can address them for the next guests. Thank you once again for reviewing our property.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future so we can show you that great service we are known for. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels