“Another great getaway”

Bermuda Sands Motel
Ranked #168 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Not the Ritz, but very livable.We had a great stay.The hottub was awesome and just right, The inroom jacuzzi worked well. While the room was not new, it was well laid out and appointed. I have stayed here several times and again was well satisfied. Many motels get trashed in the summer with overworked maids, but in Ocober- April a great place to stay and at $45 a greatvalue

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms get rented more, side views in better condition,but oceanfront is good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank StephenB400

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We enjoyed our visit! The jacuzzi was hot and felt nice! We also enjoyed the pool and the lazy river! The service is great, everyone was nice! I had no problem getting extra towels. We had oceanfront room, it was nice! We had a jacuzzi tub in our room, which I thought was pretty awesome! We will be staying at Bermuda Sands again! :)

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Whit9487
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was our second stay at Bermuda Sands. There was a mix up with our rate, but the very nice lady at the front desk fixed it. All of the staff that I met seemed very nice and was helpful. I love the location, right at the beginning of the boardwalk and right next to the 2nd avenue pier. They are pet friendly which is a plus because we always travel with a dog. The room was okay. It definitely could use some fixing up, but we were impressed that we had a nice lcd television this time. The locks on the doors have been upgraded. The furniture was a little old and beat up and the carpets could use a good thorough shampooing, but otherwise the room was clean. Bed was clean. The mattress was a bit firm for my taste, but I still slept very well. Shower had good pressure. The pool, hot tub, and lazy river areas are nice and looked clean. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! For the price, you can't beat the location! I researched other places and this was the most affordable place to stay that was oceanfront and allowed pets. And there are not many oceanfront resorts that do allow pets in Myrtle Beach. Please keep in mind that this is not a fancy resort. It is a budge motel. It's just perfect for those on a budget looking for an affordable place to stay with their pets. Would we stay here again? You bet!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 1beachbunnygirl
Reviewed 13 October 2013

do not stay here motel no hair dryers in rooms no toilet papers holders let people smoke in rooms dogs all in motel crap in grass areas pools run down rooms smell of old wet dog and motel staff not very helpful

Room Tip: always look at room before paying
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sam M
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This hotel is very gross. Looking at it from the outside it looked like it was going to be an o.k hotel, the pools were great but when it came down to everything else it was NASTY.
For example if you are a non smoker you are out of luck because you can not get a smoke free room because they allow you to smoke everywhere. The rooms are very, very dirty! There are not enough words to say how nasty, filthy, gross this place is. I would have rather slept on a bench outside then stay there again! There I no chance of me staying here or friends after I told them how bad it was. Now as for parking they have 2 areas to park in but who wants to park 3 or 4 blocks away, it is crazy. please if you want a nice vacation do NOT stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Missy G
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The best location in Myrtle Beach! Right at the beginning of the boardwalk and at the Grand Stand. 3 miles to Walmart. They are dog friendly.
Shower water pressure is horrible, no light fixture cover in the bathroom, base of vanity is rotten. Towels are rough and small. Not the cleanest place.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Nomakay
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Another great time at Bremuda Sands Motel. Was there in April and Sept. Had a great time. Every one was nice and friendly as always. Miss Dorthy kept our room nice and clean. Location is great. Just little stroll to a great eating place. (best breakfast buffa). Enjoyed all the pets. Flowers were beautful this year. Since me and my wife have been coming to Myrle beach for at least 15 years we stay no where else. she loves the boardwalk to walk on and i just make foot prints in the sand. I plan to come back in October if the weather is right. Rob, Pam and Miss Nancy hope you are doing well hope to see you in Sctober.

Room Tip: Ocean front. You can hear the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple