“what a dump”

Ranked #158 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
va
“what a dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

oh my god...i have never in my life stayed in such a dump. i had to plug the tv in to make it come on and unplug it to make it go off. the air conditioner vents were all missing. the bathroom had enough hair on the walls to make a wig. the towels had just about as much hair in them. i had to go buy my own towels. the elevators smelled like urine. i will never stay here again or reccomend this place to my worst enemy.

• Liked — i liked nothing about this place
  • Disliked — the whole experience
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

We arrived 8-8-08 and were very happy to be able to check in earlier than 3:00.The price and "pet friendly" were the main reasons we picked this hotel and the pictures on their website looked pretty good.The first thing we found that was terrible was the smell of the elevators.They smelled like urine the 4 days we were there.The next thing was when we entered the room you could tell this was a very old hotel that had a lot of bandaids to make it look better.I opened the "kitchen" cabinet and was met with a roach.Luckily we only found 1 all 4 days.The next thing was the toilet would not flush and the ceiling over the shower was leaking.It took 3 different men to finally fix it the third day.We were finally offered a different room the third day or we could get our money back and go elsewhere.I thought the outdoor pool was outdoor not underneath.I was told there was only 2 ice machines and the one on our floor never worked the whole time we were there.My husband watched them write a work order and I called about no ice but it was never fixed.Going to the beach you had to go thru standing water from the green drain.

• Liked — price & pet friendly
  • Disliked — not enough room to write them all
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

My family and I went down to the beach and wanted to take our pets, this has to be the best pet friendly hotel in myrtle beach. We had a great stay and will continue to go there. I will not stay anywhere else because the Landmark is over priced and will not let dogs nor people under 21 even if they are married and have their own house and credit card and the manager cussed me and hung up on me. But my husband and I are going down for a romantic getaway this Aug and we are staying at Bermuda Sands and never once have I went there and it be dirty or have a foul smell. The management will do anything they can to make you happy and will go out of their way. That is one thing I like about that hotel it is small,simple, quite and very well ran.

• Liked — Pet friendly, great management and location
  • Disliked — loved everything , wish I could stay longer
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

We had stayed here before and been very pleased. therefore, we reserved one of the penthouses along with my brother and his family for a short stay. Upon arrival, we found that several light bulbs were out and the entrance doors were almost impossible to get locked or unlocked. Maintenance came and replace the bulbs and tried to fix the doors without much success. We subsequently found that the refrigerator did not work so mainenance again came up and changed out the refrigerator. other problems we found were that the bathtub was filty (that problem was solved when housekeeping finally showed up the second day of our stay and really cleaned the rooms), one of balcony doors was completely inoperable, there were holes in the carpet, some of the carpet and linoleum was coming up, the sofa was broken and you could not sit on it much less use the sleeper sofa part of it. Additionally, the hallways were always filthy, the elevators smelled terrible and there was no ventalation at all in them and the lazy river was unusable for a day and a half. Overall, it was not a pleasant place to stay and we would not go back.

from Virginia

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — condtion of rooms
Hagerstown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

We were shocked at the condition of the room when we entered! Dirty, run down, torn furniture and 2 bullet holes in the window! I am so glad we decided not to bring our dogs to stay under these conditions. They had it 100% better at home! I actually had a flee jump on me while I was sitting on the bed! I did not unpack my suitcase cause the furniture was sooooooo dirty! When I got home, I washed all my clothes - even the ones we didn't wear. Needless to say, we will not be staying there ever again and feel we wasted good money to stay there!

• Liked — leaving!
  • Disliked — bullet holes in the window
Beckley, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

Ok, I went to this hotel in August expecting nothing more than a place to sleep and a pool, as this was the first time seeing the ocean. Parking was fine nothing wrong there. but that was the only good thing. The elevator broke down many times in our 5 night stay. The floor of the elevator stayed wet all the time so it stunk horribly. Once we got to the room, we left immediatly to go to get some lysol or frebreeze. The room smelled as someone had died in there 2 weeks earlier. We had to spray twice a day to keep the smell standable. The pool was supposed to be indoors but it had a concrete roof over it with no walls. The wind blowed through and made it very cold. there was no outdoor pool. Only a lazy river which also stunk and look disgusting like someone had peed in it. This hotel for us was very cheap and we got what we payed for.

• Liked — There was no problem with the parking situation. Parking was just on the side of the hotel.
  • Disliked — IT WAS DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
shelby
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

a couple weeks ago myself and my two sons clay 15 and my younger son that is 14 decided to take a quickie beach trip just the boys for the weekend,we serched the web thinking we would never find a room ,, that was when we ran across the bermuda sands motel,, thats when the worst weekend of our lives started,,after checking in and going to our room it was not at all what the website described but i explained to my sons,,hey guys its just the boys lets tough it out .. after we got settled in our room my sons wanted to go for a walk on the beach this is about an hour after checking in,,we walked down the beach at least a mile or so and came back to the motel,,, the two boys then wanted to stay on the beach for a while,,,, i then walked up to the grassy area next to the pool just behind the motel sat down in one of the chairs while my boys played on the beach,, i was so tired after driving approx 5 hours to get there i fell asleep in the chair... i was awakened by a man standing over top of me,,, i jumped out of the chair stood up and asked the man who he was and what he wanted,, his reply was,,,, where you staying ? i then started toward my room scared to death,,look over my shoulder and he was still following me,,,i then told this man if you dont stop following me i"m gonna knock you on your butt you need to get away from me,,,, guess what folks ? it was the motel manager,, he was dressed in dirty blue jeans and a t shirt,,, we found this out after he went and called the police and came to our room to evict us at 3 am in the morning... this man who called his self the manager looked like a comon bumm,,, while he was in our room with the police my children became very upset,, dad where are we gonna stay,,, are we gonna have to go all the way back home.... i then turned to the bumm dressed manager who never adressed himself at anytime as as even being the manager till after the police came .i then told him,, you should be ashamed of yourself... he then asked for what,,i replied back and said for scaring the crapp out of me and my children and for puting us out of our room for nothing... listen close ,,, he then has me arrested for state tresspassing.. i stayed in myrtle beach jail till 8 am that next morning not even knowing what happend to my children or where they were, the next day after getting out of jail my children had been taken to a county childrens home most of my personal belongings were missing such as oakley sunglasses,, nautica t shirts,most everything we had in the room with us.. i am 45 years old and this was by far the worst experience i have ever had in my entire life,,, trust me i am not a trouble maker nor am i on this site to say something that is not true,,, i am a senior inspector for the federal housing athority in north and south carolina and parts of georgia and have been for the past 16 years,i work closely with all areas of government and government housing lending etc,,, i will make a promise to anyone that has had any kind of bad experiance with this motel it will never happen again, i have filed several law suits against the motel, and the city,and state of sc.... when i left on this trip with my two boys to the beach we would have never dreamed that it would have turned out like it did just because this motel lacked employing profesianal people who should wear proper clothing,( at least clean clothing) and know how to address thier self to someone,, like i said the dirty stinking part of the motel we coulda looked over,,,, someting else to think about when reserving a room anywhere at myrtle beach,,( listen up) a lot of the motels at the beach are owned by the same corperation which i am not entitled to say at this time, i can say this just check with the comerse in that county you will be amazed how they can have one very very nice motel and let this place be run by a bunch of flunky bumms......

• Liked — the myrtle beach jail was cleaner than the motel
  • Disliked — the whole entire trip
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hudd-inspector-nc