“ZERO STARS...NASTY, HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING!!!!”

Bermuda Sands Motel
Ranked #158 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lancaster, SC
“ZERO STARS...NASTY, HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We visited Myrtle Beach this weekend, supposed to be a Friday-Sunday stay...but after just one night at this filthy place I couldn't force myself to stay for 2. We had a 4th floor side view room with wet carpet, a microwave and phone that didn't work, plugins ripped out of the wall, broken tiles on the bathroom floor, mold on the ceiling, rust all in the bathtub & sink, the bed linens were dirty...it looked like someone vomited down the side of the sheets all the way down to the carpet, the heater didn't work, no TV remote, everything was so outdated, honestly we slept with all of the lights on because we we afraid that bed bugs and roaches would take over the room. The hallways and stairwells were very dark and dirty looking with trash all over the floor. The police stayed around this motel because of all the trouble and to top it off the employees/staff were very unfriendly, unwelcoming & rude. After being in our room not even 5 minutes we called the front desk and told them about the problems the man was very rude and made no effort to make things right or to offer us another room. This is by far the nastiest place I have ever stayed, I don't see how they expect people to pay nearly $100 per night when they should pay no more than $10 for this dump! We paid $55 and thank goodness we decided to pay by the night instead of all up front because 2 days here would've NEVER happened. They charge you a $5 'resort fee' the lady said to help with gas and utilities and to keep the pools clean...its funny that they want you to pay a resort fee but they don't bother to give you working appliances! At every other hotel I have stayed at they provide complimentary soap, shampoo, lotion, etc...NOT HERE!! To sum this up, even if you have to pay more money to stay somewhere else...spend the extra because it will be well worth it and you will actually be able to enjoy your vacation! This dump needs serious help/cleaning/updating or to just be condemned!!!!!!!! I wish I would have read all of the other reviews on this place before going there, but I didn't! I do confirm that they are all true and I will NEVER EVER stay there again!!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank miss_tang96

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We wanted a mini vacation to include our 2 large dogs on the beach. This is the only hotel in Myrtle Beach that we found that allowed dogs over 20lbs. The hotel itself needs general maintenance/ cleansing overhaul, there were some safety concerns; railings leading into the pool were very loose, elevator is small and rattles, and the darkened stairwells need better lighting. We read the previous reviews so we knew what we were getting for the low $ and overlooked A LOT to enjoy time at the beach with the kids and the dogs.
The upside- our oceanfront room was roomy for the 5 of us plus the dogs. The staff was very accommodating. The hotel is right on the walk and a short walking distance to the large carousel and pier. Very relaxing trip, but we probably will pay extra and stay in a more updated hotel.

Room Tip: Always choose oceanfront! Choose a higher floor to see over the palmetto trees and the sunshades.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anita L
Mocksville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

To start the man did not give us coffee which we later found out he was supposed to give us coffee. Then the oven door would not open because the entrance door frame was in the way of the oven door. The bathroom had tiles cracked and missing and the sink counter was cracked. We had dirty towels in our room when we first entered our rooms and we will never stay at that Broken Down Motel again. The only thing good about that motel was the nice lady at the front desk.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mackels699

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Equality, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

This is my 9th year in a row which I've stayed with these fine folks. All staff is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and very accomodating. Building is updated with each of my annual stays, not the "HILTON" ,but the service is 5 star and the rates are great! C. BRAMLET

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank carolynrbramlet
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

i am a myrtle beach local an needed somewhere to staywhile work was being done to my home with my more than 50 lb dog,which most motels seem to discriminate against dogs over 30lbs..so first of all thanks for that. I would stay again if need be because the price with a large dog was very reasonable,however,i would have to call ahead to ask that they not use the deodorizer or cleaner that was used because it was very over powering an I had to check out early because I couldn't bare to stay IN THE ROOM (EYES WERE BURNING AN AFTER A COUPLE HOURS ..MAJOR HEADACHE) I REALIZE WITH ALLOWING PETS THEY AIM TO eliminate the pet odor so I wont hold that against them because the room an grounds were very clean for an older hotel..good location..helpful staff..the only other problem I had was a guest that stays there every year for one month is bothersome to other guest I wasn't even completely checked in when he approaches me an starts talking(seemed harmless at first) then he walks outside approaches my boyfriend an dog then comes back an says to me.. 'oh well, nevermind I see that you don't like white men" me being a white lady with a black boyfriend I was offended!!! the DAY TIME desk staff should not allow him to hang around an bother the guest...but I would like to recognize the night front desk guy..DAVID WAS GREAT THANKS AGAIN DAVID

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peggy l
Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

we love this place.we have been going here every year for 12 years.we love the kind staff.we love that our little doggie is welcomed and loved by the staff!great place to stay!it is right on the boardwalk.it is beside of the second avenue pier.the views from the room are outstanding.the jacuzzi tubs....oh my!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank carol10599
Elgin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have stayed at the hotel twice now. The first time was a side view room and the second was an ocean front. Both visits were extremely pleasant. They have a wonderful indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. As well as an outdoor lazy river. The other guests have always been pleasant as well. The prices are great and it a short walk to the boardwalk as well as other places. The house keeping staff is always ready to help in any way that they can and the front desk staff is also very nice. Parking is always easy and the rooms are always clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple