“im gonna go back again this year!!!”

Bermuda Sands Motel
Ranked #168 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 3 May 2009

when i stayed at the bermuda sands hotel with my aunt,uncle,and their grand child,i thought it wasnt gonna be fun.sonner or later it bcame fun to me and my family.me and my cousin loved the lazy river and jacuzzi,we also liked our hotel room to.we liked that the week we were staying was the week when we get to see the fire works on wendsday.that made the trip even better.i saw a huge shark on the 2nd avenue peir that this lady had caught her and husband.i took a picture with it and it came out great!on he day we left we didnt wanna go home,but i think my puppy was missing her babies so we had to go,but im glad to say that if we go this year,i hope thats where we stay!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 April 2009

Our room was very clean, the housekeeper kept our room very nicely and timely, the front desk staff was helpful, one maintenance item was corrected within a couple of hours. We're always treated friendly and very well.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2009

To start off the rooms SMELT HORRIBLE! The carpets were stained along with the comforters and chairs. Had a stove but barely worked. "Lazy river" or "pool" had cigarettes and garbage in it. It was soooo dirty! Holes/cracks in the walls. Cracks in the sinks and toilets. !!!!! Locks on the door broke. It was filthy!!! I can't beleive they have not been closed down by the codes department...We ended up moving to another hotel.

Reviewed 20 April 2009

i will never go back to myrtle beach...the people in the service industry r hateful and snap ur head off.....the bermuda sands was nasty and what was worse....my room was burglarized the last night of my stay.......when we got back both doors were still locked and someone had taken the cash out of my wallet, my husbands wallet and my sons wallet....they also took a pill bottle from my purse with imitrex(for migraine headaches),,,,left all of our credit cards and $3000 worth of guitars sitting in the room....we r fairly sure the maintenance man did it....he watched us go to the hot tub and then went upstairs and was back watching us when we went back upstairs.....we did file a police report and all he did was stand there and grin and didn't even offer an apology for what had happened or defend himself when he was accused of doing it...he realized he had taken only cash and couldn't anything be proven.....we were not the only ones hit that night...turns out there were other rooms robbed and only of their cash....he went off duty the next morning and thought he would be long gone before it was discovered.....we only discovered it because we were going to the store and i found no money in my wallet...........u could not pay me to go back to this motel or this city

1  Thank missdebbytennessee
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I am so happy that my sister found this hotel. It was just what we needed, not too much and not to little. We paid $118 total for our weekend stay. The hotel have several room layouts and a lot of the rooms come with a full kitchen. This was great because they didn't offer continental breakfast. We were on the beach nd in great walking distance to everything on the strip. That being said, you do hear noise from the cars at night but oh well. Oh and the pools were so cute. U have got to stay to see if you like it. The prices are listed for the whole year and they don't deviate from them. I would recommend this hotel to anyone because when you go to the beach you want to comfortable and if you're not an upity person, then this would be great for you!

Reviewed 18 April 2009

My friend and I have been staying at Bermuda Sands nearly every year for the past few years. (We did not get to come to the beach in 2007 because of illness.) We love it and we will continue to stay there every time we come to Myrtle. The rooms are clean, the service is excellent, the location can't be beat, and the price is so reasonable. Being at the pier is a definite perk. Kudos to the management and staff at Bermuda Sands for making our trips to the beach so enjoyable!!!! Keep it up! By the way; we actually have reservations for next week for the whole week, so we'll see you Monday.
P.S. We tell all our friends about you and heartily recommend you.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2009

!!!!!My room was pryed into with a crow bar and all our wallets were STOLEN!!!!!
That means all our money for the vacation, upwards of 1000 dollars total. My friends cards! EVERYTHING. Ruined the rest of the trip. We called the cops and they said there was nothing they could do. This was in the middle of the day by the way... thankfully we weren't in the room or else god only knows what would have happened.
THE ONLY good thing... is it was right next to the beach. Other than that it was a horrible horrible stay!

• Stayed: April 2008