Bermuda Sands Motel
US$225
US$227
US$181
US$203
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$184
US$169
US$146
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Too expensive for what it is. Not worth the money. I wouldn't let my dog lay on the floor. One good thing the cleaning ladies were very nice :) The location was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Hi Just had to leave a rewiew for Bermuda Sands. I spent a week at Bermuda Sands in July of 2009. This was my 3rd stay at this motel and I'm planning on going back for another week in September. I highly recommend this motel to all pet lovers. If you are like me and don't want to go on vacation without your beloved pet this is the motel for you. If you don't have pets, there are lots of motels in the area that are a little nicer for the same price. However, if you are a pet lover this is the motel to stay at in Myrtle Beach. Great Staff. Super Friendly, Kind and Helpful! The rooms are not the ritz and you don't expect them to be when it is a Pet Friendly Motel but they are clean and neat. We always get an efficiency with a full kitchen, ocean front balcony, etc. They lazy river pool is small but it's a great way to relax floating along on the inner tubes. The hotel also offers a small indoor pool as well as the outdoor lazy river pool. The pet fee is $10.00 per night. I always clean our room, so that I don't have to worry about the maids coming in and out since I always take my little toy poodle, Tootsie, with me. The maids at this motel are the nicest, friendliest that I've ever dealt with. I especially like Mattie. She goes all out to make sure that you have everything that you need during your stay. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. Will give you directions to anyplace that you want to go and will fix any problem with your room immediately upon request. I highly recommend this motel to all Pet Lovers that like to take a vacation in Myrtle Beach! The Motel is within a short walk from the 2nd Avenue Pier, which has great food and drinks at very reasonable prices. Also if you stay here, take a walk up the beach in the opposite direction of the pier to enjoy a drink at Mcadoos, a great little beach front bar that has the best bartenders in town and the best drinks! I definitely give Bermuda Sands a 5 Gold Star approval rating for all Pet Lovers. They have a beautiful court yard for you to walk your dogs. The courtyard comes equipped with lots of grass, is ocean front and has lounge chairs so that you can relax with your pet. Pets are allowed on the beach from 5 p.m. until 8 a.m. I always clean up after my little pooch so as to keep the courtyard nice for everyone to visit. Thumbs up to Bermuda Sands and their Wonderful, Courteous Staff! Thank you for 3 wonderful vacatiions so far and I know my trip in September will be just as wonderful as the others!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2009

parking security officer helped park motorcycle trailer and truck and gave me a lift back to my wire. next morning maintenance guy came by to pick up luggage rack supposingly left in parking lot and fixed me a cup of coffee and brought it me. we set on back of truck and talked about old times and job experiences, he was off of work and on the way home.
housekeeping was very friendly and neat.
we had a toilet problem, and before we could hang up the phone, the maintenance guys were knocking on the door. my wife and I thought wow, too fast.
furthermore the whole staff deserves rewards umlimited.
they have succeeded in selling my wife and I on this hotel for our future..
nothing could be better at the bermuda sands.

Reviewed 27 July 2009

We got stuck with a side view room because we ran out of options. It was $80 for it, which the room wasn't the bad part, it was when you opened the door to go out. The halls were NASTY...cigarettes, food, beer, beer bottles, wrappers (to all sorts of things)...it was disgusting.
And the 1 pool they had was all "kiddy". It was a joke. We almost would rather stay in our room to avoid any more time in the halls.

Reviewed 14 July 2009

Thieves, Thieves, Thieves
Being retired and on a fixed income we had not been to the beach in several years. We had saved a little money and on Sunday morning July 12, 2009 my wife and I decided instead of going to church, as we usually do, instead we would take a short trip to Myrtle Beach. Driving up and down Ocean Blvd. we saw a sign at the Bermuda Sands for a beach front room for $79. We checked in at 3:04 pm, paid for one night, and went to room 210. A few minutes later a woman knocked on the door then opened the door just as I was getting to it. Being surprised to see me she said that she was checking the rooms and asked if everything was ok. I said yes and she left. After eating we put on our swimsuits and walked down on the beach sometime after 6:30 pm and stayed until about 8:00 pm.

The next morning while eating at Shoney’s we decided we would stay for a few more nights. When I got up to pay that is when I found that my billfold was missing. To make a long story short our money, credit card, bank card, and medications were gone, everything except for what my wife had in her purse which she had kept with her at all times. As we were checking out they charged us for the telephone call we made. We left late Monday morning and drove back home.

The policeman that took the report said that if we come back to Myrtle Beach to NEVER stay in ANY motel that does not have the new card keys. In other words NEVER stay at the Bermuda Sands again.