“As expected - No serious complains”

Holiday Sands North
Ranked #78 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“As expected - No serious complains”
Reviewed 29 April 2011

No complains! Motel was alright as expected based on some genuine reviews on this site and feedback from freinds who recommended it. It is a affordable place somewhere between a motel and resort. This is a old place and you can say that by looking at everything. The crowd was little noisy but that can happen any where it is just luck that what kind of people are staying around.

Room: North Tower is less clean than South Tower. We stayed at North tower in an ocean front efficiency on 4th floor with a small kitchen. Room worked well for us. Cleaning staff was nice but should have cleaned room better. We had to point out what to clean. They do not do dishes and you have to buy dish soap. Ocean View was great.

North Tower: The moment you come out of room, it is dirty. So great location but this hotel will work for you only if you either spend time inside your room or on beach or somewhere else. So do not plan that you can do much acitvities inside the property. Its not clean and only swimming pool is just by road and you will not feel like getting into pool.

South Tower: This is much cleaner, has kids and adult swim pool, and Lazy River. Pool and Lazy rivers are clean but dated and small. The bottom and side surfaces are rough so you need to be careful with your kids so that they do not get scratch, but it is by no means dangerous or dirty. They had it closed from outside on rainy or colder days. This tower only has 2 bed room suites.

Parking: Parking is across the street and it is safe and convenient. I saw many hotels/resorts has covered parking that is also across street but connected over the street betwenn hotel and parking.

Conclusion: If you are looking for great location, and great price, this place will worki for you.

Next Time: I will try some other place next time where my family can enjoy activities and amenities on the properties with better indoor water activities. I am willing to pay more to have better indoor amenities and activities.

Room Tip: Get higher floor in south tower.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 April 2011

This has to by far be the worst hotel in Myrtle Beach..THIS HOTEL looks like the place where M.L.King got shot.....Housekeeping was terrible....pissy pool...tiny rooms w/ terrible smell and view...outside pool had trash in it.....parking across the street, how inconvenient!!!!! The older guy at the front desk has no customer service etiquette, he is rude and accused me of having more people in my room then I did...he and management harrassed me. Management even called me in my room accusing me of having too many guest in my room..(IT WAS A FAMILY TRIP) DUH!!!! Holiday Sands North left a very bad taste in my mouth, I live in Atlanta, next time I will go to Florida. If u stay here u will regret it....add on a few extra pennies and get a better hotel...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank brinabo

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I just came from staying at the Hoilday Sands North. No complaints. Room was nice. Front desk nice. Yes, you do park across the street. No problem there. Its an older motel but I think its been well kept up. We had an excellent room. I had ask for a top floor ocean front and got the perfect one. The view was breath taking. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
WiFi worked perfect also. Thanks Holiday Sands North for a great stay. See you again.

Room Tip: Top floor all the way!
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank CHF56
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This was our first time to Myrtle Beach and we stayed here because the friends we travelled with have stayed here before. We stayed in the south tower. The hotel is family run and everyone is so nice. The one or 2 issues with the room (phone not working, stove element not working) were fixed within the hour. Cheryl, the wonderful woman who cleaned our rooms, was a god send. She did an amazing job and our room was always well stocked and super clean every day. I read some reviews on here about how the hotel is old, in disrepair and dirty, and I honestly never saw any of these issues. Our room had 2 rooms seperated by a kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen has everything you'll need to make your own meals..(well, not food, obviously) The bathrooms were clean and had a jacuzi tub. We arrived on Friday, and had a room on the 5th floor, while our friends had 2 rooms on the 6th floor. As soon as the room on the 6th floor became available, they moved us up so that we could all be on the same floor. One downside I saw was in the lazy river pool. It could use a few upgrades as the bottom of it is quite rough on the feet. We really enjoyed our days there..whether at the pool, in the hot tub, or looking for shark teeth down on the beach. We watched the sunrise off of our balcony and it was beautiful. We are already planning our trip for next year, and this will be our hotel of choice from now on.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 1peculiarchik
LANCASTER
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We travel 200 days a year for business....... this is the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed in. We stay here every time we are in myrtle beach. best value, friendliest, and most convenient . we love the rooms and all of the pools. It is so relaxing to walk out front on the boardwalk. This is simply the best

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Belton, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This is our 3rd time staying at the Holiday Sands North, again the rates where great, service, very clean room. We will be staying with this family owned Hotel were they care about your service and your satisfaction.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
SF, NC
Reviewed 31 October 2010

My teenage daughter & I spent the weekend here. The price was good, but I guess you get what you pay for. The parking situation was not good for us. There were about 16 parking places in the lot directly in front of the office...10 for registration and loading/unloading and 6 handicapped. You can't park here unless you're handicapped. Yes, you can park on the street in the "off season", but I felt like we were risking damage to our car since some drivers may not notice that the cars in the right lane are parked and not moving, especially if you are the only car parked there. The lot across the road was always full, but we never saw another guest in the entire hotel. When my daughter and I came in after dark, we didn't feel safe parking in their other dark lots behind other hotels with some men wandering around. There were also some men just standing around in the hotel office lot at the hot tub at night. When we talked to the desk clerk about being uneasy about parking in these other lots, he just pulled out another map showing us where their lots were and told us to use those or park on the street. He was totally unconcerned that we didn't feel safe. Meanwhile the spaces in front of the office reserved for registration remained empty all weekend!! Never saw any of these guests. On the upside....the oceanfront/boardwalk view was beautiful! Next time I make reservations at a hotel, I will ask about the parking. Never had to before.

• Stayed October 2010