No complains! Motel was alright as expected based on some genuine reviews on this site and feedback from freinds who recommended it. It is a affordable place somewhere between a motel and resort. This is a old place and you can say that by looking at everything. The crowd was little noisy but that can happen any where it is just luck that what kind of people are staying around.
Room: North Tower is less clean than South Tower. We stayed at North tower in an ocean front efficiency on 4th floor with a small kitchen. Room worked well for us. Cleaning staff was nice but should have cleaned room better. We had to point out what to clean. They do not do dishes and you have to buy dish soap. Ocean View was great.
North Tower: The moment you come out of room, it is dirty. So great location but this hotel will work for you only if you either spend time inside your room or on beach or somewhere else. So do not plan that you can do much acitvities inside the property. Its not clean and only swimming pool is just by road and you will not feel like getting into pool.
South Tower: This is much cleaner, has kids and adult swim pool, and Lazy River. Pool and Lazy rivers are clean but dated and small. The bottom and side surfaces are rough so you need to be careful with your kids so that they do not get scratch, but it is by no means dangerous or dirty. They had it closed from outside on rainy or colder days. This tower only has 2 bed room suites.
Parking: Parking is across the street and it is safe and convenient. I saw many hotels/resorts has covered parking that is also across street but connected over the street betwenn hotel and parking.
Conclusion: If you are looking for great location, and great price, this place will worki for you.
Next Time: I will try some other place next time where my family can enjoy activities and amenities on the properties with better indoor water activities. I am willing to pay more to have better indoor amenities and activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family-oriented oceanfront resort that caters to families and couples. Centrally located on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Promenade the Holiday Sands North is located near numerous entertainment venues, golf courses, shops and restaurants. Come and enjoy the best Myrtle Beach has to offer at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Sands North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Sands North Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Sands North Myrtle Beach