“couples retreat”

Ranked #78 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“couples retreat”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

we spend a whole week at the holiday sands north , i too read some of the reviews and booked anyway, it was the best decisions ive made in along time. staff was perfect and the maintance of the hotal was jus great, granted the building is of age but well kept and respected by staff. im planning another trip june 2012 and im booking at holiday sands north. especially room 724,what a good room !!!! sallie allen -charlene whitakers charlotte nc

Room Tip: 7th floor staff is perfect wow they love their customers and show on the 7th floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Devon W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
West Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was hesitant when we booked a spring week here, especially after reading some of the older reviews. It is an older hotel, but it was clean and had great amenities for the kids. One of the beds were hard, and I would recommend taking your own pillows, but ALL of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful! We ate in the onsite restaurant, which was good, and we used the laundry facilities, which appeared to be new. The addition of a second vanity in one of the bedrooms was also very useful, especially when getting ready to go to dinner. We usually stay at condos in North Myrtle, but we were satisfied just as much here. The boardwalk location is great for elderly or kids with scooters or bikes! We plan on returning, and hopefully will be on the same floor that housekeeper Nola is on, as she is great!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank N8sMama
Mount Holly, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Ok, So I read all the bad reviews on this place and knew that I wanted people to know the truth. I have stayed in this hotel every year for the past ten years. They have two towers a south tower and a north tower. This is not a 5 star resort nor do they claim to be one but they offer great rates and good people. I have never encountered a bad smell or bugs in my room and every one at the desk has always been friendly and helpful.The manager Garrett will always resolve any issues that arise. They do not allow young teenagers to stay on their own with no supervision so no Grads here on grad week!!! They consistently clean the pools daily in the mornings and through the day if needed. The location is far enough from the uptown area to have a quiet stay but is close enough to walk to uptown daily. My wife and I would not think about paying the higher prices of other resorts or hotels in the area when we can come here and stay much cheaper and have great service. I SUGGEST THAT YOU STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO SAVE SOME MONEY AND HAVE A GOOD TIME. Now, if you are a high class 5 diamond type of person this is not for you. I will continue to stay here and am currently booked in June of this year. Another thing is I read reviews about a hard bed- never had a problem with ours and I have stayed in almost every room type they offer. If you choose this hotel you will be steps from the beach and a few blocks from downtown. They have ample parking. They have street view and ocean view rooms. The house keeping staff is friendly and does a good job in the rooms. My wife is extremely OCD and loves it here. We will return every year- Got married here!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
22 Thank Michael M
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My Finace and I wanted to have a quick get away for New Year's Eve weekend and after searching alot of Hotels we found Holiday Sands North because of the low prices. I read alot of reviews and was very nervous about it. But when we arrived it was like coming home. Everyone was so nice and the room was great. The only thing we didn't like was we were above the laundry room. But for the price we will be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room the 3rd floor or higher.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DebSGray
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My family and friends stay here. WE have been staying here for 15 years and I love the family filling you get here. The service has always been super and will do anything to make your stay better. I like that they keep eye on the parking lots and you feel safe here. The only thing I have a problem with is the beds. I can not sleep on hard beds and they need to get new mattresses for the rooms. Other than that I have been pleased with my stay there. It is older and needs updates in the rooms. But for the price it is not a bad place. We will continue to stay here unless it keeps going down with no upgrades. If it does continue to go down without updtes then they will hurt their business and lost people to upgraded hotels.

C Elgin
Greenwood S.C.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cathy E
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The room was very clean. The view was awesome. The lady in the restaurant was the sweetest person I have ever met. The worst part of our trip was the people who worked the desk was very rude and the beds were like sleeping on the ground. We would go back if the mattresses were changed and they fired the whole front desk STAFF!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask about the beds.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rhonda c
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 1 January 2012

the veiw is what stole it but the inside ruined it. The carpet to the porch was wet and gross & smelled. The beds were as hard as a rock. They had to come in and spray for bugs. the breakfast was the same stuff EVERY day and i wasnt that great. The beach was beautiful. and the stairs looked gross i recommened stayin some where else you want something nice with a beach like that......

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family