“Can't beat the price”

Holiday Sands North
Ranked #75 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We decided to take a last minute trip to the casino cruise and we would find a room when we got there. I got sick on the cruise and needed to lay down ASAP my husband wanted something nice but I said I'm sick pull over here. He said are you sure? I said I don't care where I stay at this point. We paid $60 for a ocean front room.the room was old and so was the paint but it was clean and had plenty of towels tissue etc. It even had a fully equipped kitchen. But no dishwasher. We ended up staying two nights. They had a restaurant on site an indoor pool lazy river and kiddie pool.although we did not use those. I told my husband for that rate and view we could defense bring the kids.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank partymommie
There are newer reviews for Holiday Sands North

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay right on the beach. Nice, nothing fancy but clean and comfortable! Staff very helpful and kind. Really enjoying our stay! I am sitting outside listening to the waves crashing....loving it:) would highly recommend anyone staying here. They are remodeling to make the rooms more up to date. New TV was added to out room second day we were here!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shirley M
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here about two years ago and I thought it was nice enough to return.I was wrong....we were in room 220 I believe which is a boulevard view 2 bed room.the bathroom was horrible.The water spouts they have are dangerous to young children.the water temperature setter is very hard to get comfortable and if you don't figure it out quickly you will burn yourself ,as I did.Next we woke up the next morning to continue to our main destination(another m.b hotel) to find 2 roaches dead on the floor next to our bags.My daughter was watching across the street for my husband to return and actually fell in a hole under the carpet in front of the window. We could not get out quick enough and we will not be returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank sj96
Reviewed 15 October 2013

After reading reviews,we stayed here for 7 days.It was a great location,but the room needs to be refurbished. It was okay for a week,but I would stay some where else if I was there for a longer period.If you go be sure to do the Market Commons,we loved it.All in all we had a great trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

we recently stayed at the holiday sands north in myrtle beach sc. we had stayed at this hotel several times years ago. we thought when we decided to go back to MB. that we would stay there again. one reason was that a board walk had been built down the beach since the last time we stayed there,and it ran past the hotel. the board walk is really a concrete walk way, but it is very nice. the problem is that the hotel hasnt changed since the first time we stayed there about fifteen years ago, just rundown much more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ronald W
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Searched online for a friendly, smaller, affordable oceanfront place to stay near things and having amenities. Bingo! Arrived early but still able to check in and we were upgraded to a suite. This is a family owned and run business. The service is personal and exceptional. The rooms are very comfortable and roomy. All staff from maintenance to housekeeping to cafe were helpful, professional and very friendly. The facilities are clean as a whistle. Location awesome. Quiet. Quiet. Fell asleep to the sound of the ocean on the sand. The only downside is that it is older and some things need upgrading. Really? Management told us they were working on the upgrades. Will I be booking there again? Absolutely!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

it was another great stay oct.2nd to the 6th the staff is the best they do all they can to help make it a great visit cant wait until all the updates are done and cant wait to go back you all save me a room for thanksgiving

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family