My family and I just stayed the 4th of July weekend at Holiday Sands North (July 2 - July 5, 2009). I have been coming to Myrtle Beach for vacation once a year for my entire life and have never had a worse experience. The hotel including the pools and jacuzzis were filthy and in need of repair. After arriving we had to request a different room because the carpet in the first room was so stained and disgusting, I was afraid to let my 6-year-old walk on it. The bathroom was also dirty with some type of residue/dirt piled in the corners of the room. The blankets on the beds had stains and cigarette burns on them. The staff at the front desk acted as if I were crazy because I wasn't happy with the room and acted annoyed that I wanted to change rooms. The entire staff was rude and condescending and made us feel like they were doing us a favor by waiting on us. The only reason we stayed for the entire weekend at this hotel was because we could not find another hotel with a vacancy because of the holiday weekend. We spent the majority of our first day driving around Mrytle Beach trying to find another hotel. On our last day of vacation, we made the horrible decision to eat at Holiday Sands North's restaurant, Casa Blanca. The food made my family and I so sick with vomiting and diarrhea, we are still recovering from it. Not only was the food on the buffet stale and obviously old, the staff there was extremely rude. During my stay, I witnessed several other guests being treated rudely and spoken to as if they were children. I have filed formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau as well as South Carolina's Department of Health and Environmental Control for both Holiday Sands North and their restaurant Casa Blanca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family-oriented oceanfront resort that caters to families and couples. Centrally located on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Promenade the Holiday Sands North is located near numerous entertainment venues, golf courses, shops and restaurants. Come and enjoy the best Myrtle Beach has to offer at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Sands North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Sands North Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Holiday Sands North Myrtle Beach