“these reviews are crazy, place is great.”

Holiday Sands North
Ranked #76 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Everyone at the hotel from the desk, to housekeeping to maintenance were fantastic. The rooms are not brand new but were very clean. When I called and booked my room I had to pay a deposit, and by the way I've never stayed at a hotel at the beach and not payed a deposit. Also, for the review below, usually if you read the hotels web site/brochure, all that info is on there. Anyway, the restaurant is great, really good specials and a great view. Had coffee one morning and watched the dolphins from our room. Also Myrtle Beach is building a boardwalk and it goes directly behind the hotel. And yes parking is across the street, but if anyone has ever been to downtown Myrtle Beach you already know that anywhere you stay you WILL have to park across the street. The staff got everything we needed and asked for. I stay here 3 times a year or more, and have for many years with just my family. My parents and grandparents have been staying with Holiday Sands for so long they should have stock in the place. And all those years never once have we been treated rudely, had a dirty room, had issues with pasrking, etc. Everyone looking for a deal in Myrtle Beach should at least try Holiday Sands North just once. But the owner of the place once told me that if you stay once, they'll keep you forever. Another plus is it's very family oriented.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
HSNorth, Manager at Holiday Sands North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2010

Thanks for taking the time to post your most recent experience at Holiday Sands North. We frequently print these reviews for our staff to read and make the necessary improvements for your next visit. These reviews quickly remind us what we work so hard to achieve—providing families with a wonderful, unforgettable family vacation at an affordable price. We really want to know about each guest’s experience with us. We are very open to comments and suggestions, as there is always room for improvements. We also appreciate your kind words! Thanks for choosing Holiday Sands North!!

The Staff and Management
Holiday Sands North

Reviewed 26 December 2009

1.Arrivied at 6am and was sent to room on 8th floor. 2.Bedbugs crawling out of lamp shades and from behind headboards of beds. Room smelled terrrible.3.Called front desk and was moved to 9th floor,without any offer of helping us move.Manager was alone he said.4.kitchen was dirty,coffee pot so old it had rust on it.5.Bathroom was dusty and jacuzzi tub...i sent my husband to walmart for clorox and ran it through 5 times,finally got jets clean.Ugh.6.Parking...oh my gosh..hope u feel like walking and being made to feel like your gonna get mugged from where u have to park.And the last but not least,the pool area,where we were witness to a group of people with kids who were trying to have sex in the hot tub without anyone noticing. This place just should be shut down or new owners who care running it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Website photos are misleading. Room smelled stale. Cleaning staff tried to cover stale smell with over abundant use of pine sol. Paint peeling from ceiling. Furniture looked like it had been purchased at the local flea market. Ice machine had fishy smell. On site parking very limited. Had to park two blocks away. Only positive was the cost. Very affordable. Thank God the weather was good so we weren't confined to the room. Won't be a return customer.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DTKCMP
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Either maintenance or housekeeping stole my girls one of a kind diamond star ring. As of now nothing has been done. It is total [--]!!! Never go to this hotel!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank highrollindeuce
HSNorth, Garett Williams--Manager at Holiday Sands North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2010

We, the Holiday Sands North, offer the convenience of electronic in-room safes in each and every one of our units/rooms. We, also, have electronic door locks on all guest units/rooms for added security. Both the electronic safes and door locks have been in use for over 3 years and when they are utilized they work perfectly!!

Garett Williams
Manager—Holiday Sands North

Reviewed 21 August 2009

My family and I stayed at Holiday Sands North just last week. The room was great, clean, and our cleaner was very nice and polite, room service was wonderful. Our problem was the pool area, and yes we did complain. There were rules posted all over the walls that stated "NO ROUGH PLAY" and "CHILDREN ARE TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY ADULTS", or parents. The first day I took my little girl to the lazy river, we got the floats and began to float. There were at least 4 little boys under the age of 12 dominating that lazy river, they were horse playing, my 2 sisters, myself, and my little girl were all pushed, and the boys were diving in the lazy river over our heads, needless to say my little girl was scared. I got my child out of the lazy river and tried to let her get in the pool, here comes the same boys diving in 3 feet water, so on I took my child and started to the hot tub, the steps going into the hot tub were blocked by 3 women, so I gave up and figured maybe this was a one time thing and took my daughter down to the ocean. The next day I tried it again, I took my little girl to the pool area so she could get in the lazy river. There once again were the same little boys, no adult supervision. My 2 sisters, myself, and my little girl got in the lazy river, thinking someone had to be watching these kids, nope. One of the little boys swam under the water and grabbed me and pushed me into the side of the wall, I felt my toe sting when I hit the wall, but I didn't pay much mind, I was too concerned with my little girls safety. My sister was floating around and one of them dove right across the top of her head, and my other sister was grabbed between her legs by one of the boys, and along came a little girl, she was with the little rough boys and she was about 5 years old, she swims around and dunks my little girl with out a word. My little girl has health problems, so dunking her is not good, this is why I insist on being with my child at all times. I figured we would let it go, maybe someone else would say something or a parent would show up. About an hour after we got back to our room, I reached down to put my shoe on and my toe was bleeding profusely, my hand was covered in blood, the boy who pushed me into the wall had tore half my toenail off. My sister had called the lobby and complained earlier, the lady on the phone told her she'd have to wait till the next day and call back and she would send maintenance to see, I said "Maintenance?" they had to be kidding, when we noticed the blood on my foot, my sister and I went to the lobby. We asked the guy at the desk for first aid supplies and explained what had happened. The guy said, there's not much we can do, kids will be kids, and we can just watch the tapes to see who the kids were. Well now this was encouraging, we didnt figure that the less than helpful clerk behind the desk would help so we went back to my laptop and emailed management and told them the whole situation in the email, well guess what? No reponse from management. The boys that were creating havoc in the pool area were very loud, they were rough housing, and there was no adult supervision, and our complaints fell upon deaf ears. Yep we did complain, to no avail. Safety is an issue, the pool rules were ignored, and the parents were no where. We let it go as long as we could, but when my toe nail was torn off and my little girl was dunked and pushed, we complained. Like I said, the room was great, the cleaning lady was superb, the room service was delicious, but we didn't want to spend our whole vacation sitting in our room because the pool wasn't properly supervised.......

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank sextonmarsh09
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Our family stayed in the South tower the week July 17-22, 2009. If you are looking for a luxery hotel or resort, keep looking. This isn't it. However, to be fair it is one of the lower priced oceanfront suite style hotels on the strip. It wasn't filthy, but I would definately say it was dated and a little less then maintained (needs pant, new carpet, etc). The walk to the beach was great, my kids enjoyed the pools and other than the very hard bed (trust me on this!) and scratchy linens the room actually wasn't too bad.I believe that becaue of the low cost, it attracts some of the party crowd so be prepared for that and a little lower class of guest in general. The food in the restaurant was decent and cheap and the staff could not have been nicer. Housekeeping did a nice job and the parking wasn't the best, but if you don't mind a little walk it's tolerable.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank lovetovacationOhio
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Do NOT reserve a hotel room at this location. The rooms don't look anything like they are shown on the website. It is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. The hotel smells like smoke when you walk in the rooms and on the elevators. The rooms are extremely NASTY. The ceiling have patched up holes in them. The sheets had stains on them. The mattresses were stained on the top and bottom. The carpet was nasty needs to be taken up. This hotel needs to be SHUT DOWN and REMODELED. I will advise everyone that come across this hotel DO NOT STAY HERE..HEALTH HAZARD. My husband and I booked this room for our anniversary and was very upset. We checked out the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple