“Snowbirds”

Ranked #70 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Snowbirds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

Great place for Snowbirds to Winter if you are looking for activities and friendly guests to enjoy a good time with.
Hotel Manager goes out of his way to make sure guests are happy and comfortable.
Great Family run Restuarant on the premises
Nice indoor pools and a fantastic stretch of beach

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Valley, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

Honestly, we didn't pay an exorbant amount and considering it to be right on the beach, I couldn't complain. If I had to rate my experience entirely on just the room quality, I would have given it a one star. The wall was kicked in by the bathroom, the decor dated to early nineties and the room just looked well for wear. There was a switch we thought to be the porch light (could not find one) and come to find out it turned on the heat vent in the kitchen.

They tried to charge us more just because we had a baby and put us in another room, but we booked under a cheaper room later.

The staff was friendly, very nice, the views were gorgeous. It was very convenient to everything and the parking is across from the hotel across the road...considering how everything costs to park in this town, it was nothing to complain about either. I loved the trip altogether, but I would probably stay at their condos next time for a modern update.

I enjoyed most the indoor lazy river. It was great for kids!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank poems4god20
Rising Star, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

everyone was very courteous & friendly. made to feel at home. rooms clean & comfortable.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Cape Cod, Mass
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

I have just completed a two-week stay at the Holiday Sands South (Hotel).

This facility is right on the ocean in the southern part of Myrtle Beach.

I would guess that this place is fairly old and may be in need of some updating BUT
I am not in need of (or willing to pay for) the latest and greatest.

I want a place that is clean and I found this place satisfactory in that regard. Don't expect flat panel TVs at the price and the Wi-Fi was very iffy in my unit. I actually piggybacked on an adjacent hotel's signal and it worked passably well.

The front desk staff were helpful in resolving an issue that I had with my room's TV. They eventually swapped another unit in when remote control problems couldn't be resolved.

In summary, I think that I got reasonably good value for my vacation dollar and I would
not hesitate to return next year.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

Nice place. One of the few places that welcomes bikers and they don't just do it for the money. Went out of there way to help up and to set up parking

• Stayed May 2010
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

We had an ocean side eff.room June 20-25..we paid a total of $460,We checked in,the room was clean,which after reading alot of bad reviews,I was not sure what we would get.The staff was nice and helpful.They had a restaurant on the main level and the food was amazing,not to mention the prices was great too.We found ourselves eating there about once a day for either breakfast or lunch.It had 2 outdoor pools,2 indoor pools,2 kiddie pools,2 hot tubs and a lazy river...so alot to do when not out on the beach.We will stay again for sure.This year we have a bigger group so we needed a bigger place to stay,but when its just my family,this is where we will stay

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Caressa B
Homer, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

my family just returned from the holiday sands south. we had a wonderfull vacation. the staff was very friendly and helpfull. the pool area was wonderfull the rooms was wonderfull. everything you needed was right there in the rooms. we cooked all our meals while there everything utensil you needed was right there. we stayed four days and enjoyed it very much . our room was ocean front and the veiw was lovely the grounds was clean and well maintained. i would go back and would tell everyone to stay there. loved it loved it

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family