“LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #80 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Maryville TN
“LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We have stayed here for the last 3 years,with a return visit this June can't wait.I stay in the AC oceanfront,Which consists of 2 bed room, 2 baths,large kithcen,which is stocked very well.There is washer and dryer,3 Tv's.Balcony with side balcony,the pools are nice but the indoor pools are cold for some reason no big thing.The parkin garage is awesome especially with two kids and it is 99 degrees out.You park on the floor you are staying get out and walk right in to your room.Maids are good they do only come I think every other day,unless you need something and they are there quickly.The back bed room gets really cold, it has 2 queen beds that is where me my wife and 2 kids sleep.The front bed room is where my in laws sleep which is a king bed.They say it is warm in there,the air seems to blow right on us in that bed room.Staff are very nice check in was fast and easy.What I have wrote is in the condos only.The hotel next door is owned by the same people I do not know much about it.They seem to be a liitle on the rought side I have not been inside the rooms,but some of the guest that I saw last year were a little rought.You can use the hotels pools,hot tubs,and the hotel guest can use the condos pools,hot tubs,and lazy river.We were at the pool at the hotel last year and there were 4-5 young guys on the balcony playing the guitar (not to well may I add)and trying to sing.That was a little annoying.But any way back to the condos, your room key also gets you in the parking garage,and after 11:00 p.m. you have to use your room card to get in to the hotel,which I like for security reasons.The elevators are fast,In a nut shell I love this place hope it dont change except for warmer pools lol.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Gimpy1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Phoenix, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We made reservations at a different hotel this year because we got a group rate and we wanted to stay in the same hotel with 14 other families. We didn't arrive until 2:30 am, but we were out of that nasty, smelly hotel and into the Holiday Sands South by 9:00 am. What a relief! The Holiday Sands South is maticulously clean, convenient and extremely friendly. The other place was a dump in comparison. Thank you to the staff at Holiday Sands South! The front desk was pleasant and helpful. Room service was curtious and friendly. From now on, without question, we will be staying at the Holiday Sands South ~ Everytime!

3 Thank jfrance98
Illinois
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Front desk staff was helpful & professional. Common hallways were clean & calm. Elevators were clean & fast. Balcony view was great. Parking lot in the building was glorious. Had a 1-bedroom suite with 4 beds & 1 bath. Bedroom was in the back of the condo and without windows with sketchy ventilation. Unit had a washer & dryer. Yippee! Linens were basic. The sofa bed and wall bed had no linen. We called the front desk and linens were brought to the door within 5 minutes with blankets and 4 additional towels that we requested. Bathroom was clean. Kitchen was clean. There were basic supplies in the kitchen--linen, dishes, utensils, pots, coffee maker. All else was a refreshing change from the other places we stayed in MB this trip and other trips. I'd like to return to this place.

Room Tip: Plan your visit to the condos
2 Thank -KDL73
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Even though the door to the enclosed pool/hottub/kiddie pool clearly states "NO SMOKING", a gentleman was smoking. Following his lead, two teenagers also started smoking. When I addressed the issue with management, they stated "this is not a non-smoking building, I will take the sign down"....REALLY....take the sign down rather than enforce as posted and as this property as billed. I will not stay here again...Management was rude, disrespectful and uninterested in the health of its adult and minor guests!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Great place for Snowbirds to Winter if you are looking for activities and friendly guests to enjoy a good time with.
Hotel Manager goes out of his way to make sure guests are happy and comfortable.
Great Family run Restuarant on the premises
Nice indoor pools and a fantastic stretch of beach

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Valley, Alabama
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Honestly, we didn't pay an exorbant amount and considering it to be right on the beach, I couldn't complain. If I had to rate my experience entirely on just the room quality, I would have given it a one star. The wall was kicked in by the bathroom, the decor dated to early nineties and the room just looked well for wear. There was a switch we thought to be the porch light (could not find one) and come to find out it turned on the heat vent in the kitchen.

They tried to charge us more just because we had a baby and put us in another room, but we booked under a cheaper room later.

The staff was friendly, very nice, the views were gorgeous. It was very convenient to everything and the parking is across from the hotel across the road...considering how everything costs to park in this town, it was nothing to complain about either. I loved the trip altogether, but I would probably stay at their condos next time for a modern update.

I enjoyed most the indoor lazy river. It was great for kids!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank poems4god20
Rising Star, Texas
Reviewed 8 March 2011

everyone was very courteous & friendly. made to feel at home. rooms clean & comfortable.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo