“Enjoyed Stay”

Ranked #71 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Anderson, South Carolina
“Enjoyed Stay”
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Holiday Sands South Beach for the 3rd time. I have always been very pleased with our accommodations. I admit the rooms need to be updated a little, but I would definitely stay again. The pictures you see posted from other travelers are true to how the condos look. I have never stayed in the hotel, always in the condos. My 1st two visits, we had a 2 bedroom condo. This time we had a 1 bedroom north, side view on 8th floor. The view of beach was very good. Our room was actually closer to the street side, but we had no problem with noise. The room was very quite. We actually used the pull down wall bed, which is not the best, but it was easy to pull down and gave us a good extra full bed. This condo is in a good location & was easy to get in & out. The front desk staff were very friendly. In fact, due to a family emergency, we had to check out a day early. They were very understanding. Although I did not get a refund, I did receive credit for the one night amount with up to a year to use it.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lyngale1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here twice this year alone. The staff is always helpful, the hotel is oceanfront, the rooms are clean, and it's I'm a good area. We've met wonderful people there and we will definitely stay again. It's nothing upscale, just a nice ordinary room for you ad your family to stay in. The ocean view cafe has the best breakfast buffet. We have a family of four and it cost us about 36.00 which wasn't bad. The pools and hot tub are great as well. We call this hotel our diamond in the rough.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ahaynes
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This Place is not worth the money I pay. The rooms are outdated needs upgrades ASAP the maid service is ok they didn't clean our room one day. Then in the bathroom the water in the tub wouldn't go down after you take a shower. We had ants in the bathroom. This place need to take a look at there rooms before selling them to ppl. The picture online do not match when u get to this hotel. Also bring your own iron because they don't have any. To keep track of the time u better have a cell phone because there's no clock in the rooms. The carpet look like outdoor carpet. They do half jobs of cleaning up. Some of the staff is nice and some ate rude. This hotel doesn't compare to the Hilton and top hotel if thats what your used to staying in. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We really enjoyed our stay there, except I recommend not to stay in the small overflow little motel they own across the street. That room didn't even have a table to eat on and it did have a full-sized fridge--but that was it. We really enjoyed the ocean front room with the bedroom and kitchen! And if you don't mind not having an ocean view, the boulevard room is very roomy and spacious. We stayed in one of those rooms the last night of the week because we decided to stay one more night. So we've stayed in more than 1 type of room but that was ok, cause as I told the desk clerk that we at least know what kind of rooms they have in case someone asked us what it was like. They also have high speed internet in the hotel and Wi-fi in the condo, which is good to know for the ones who take their laptops along with them. They do have an indoor/outdoor pool with juccuzi. Both are on the back side facing the ocean so you can have an ocean view and also a sundeck on top of the indoor pool. And we loved eating at their restaurant which is on the main floor of the hotel. I told t he guy who owned the restaurant that I wish he would open it up for dinner too, but their only open for breakfast and lunch. They have lots of parking there and across the street and the office is open around the clock. I highly recommend staying and we plan on going back. We've stayed at both hotels on the north and the south Holiday Sands and both are good and the personnel is good too and nice. If one is filled up, then try the other one!

Room Tip: If you have family with you to help share a room with, then get the one bedroom suitte/efficiency...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kp51
Lexington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2012

First of all, I stayed here previously back in 2007 and my stay was fine.

Fast forward 5 years, and I couldn't bare to sleep a night here. My boyfriend and I booked our summer vacation here back in May. Upon our arrival, the staff was extremely friendly. As we gathered our things and got onto the elevator to go to our room, I seriously thought that the elevator was going to collapse or get stuck. There was a grinding noise that seemed as though one of the cables was not working properly. Thankfully, we made it to our floor and got to our room. Overall, it wasn't terrible, but I just didn't feel comfortable in the room. The "queen" bed seemed to have been in the room for at least 10 years. When you sat on it, you could feel the springs underneath you and there is no way that this bed would be comfortable to sleep a full nights sleep on. The chairs and table on the balcony have probably been there since the 70s and all of the furniture needs to be tossed and replaced. The worst of all, as some of the others have said, was the carpet. Things seemed to be as clean as they could be but after these things are in a hotel for a certain period of time, they need to be replaced and updated.

In the end, I ended up getting a full refund (they kept the deposit) and found a much nicer hotel for a little more money.

Unlike some other reviewers, the staff that I experienced were very helpful and attentive. Only positive was that there was free wifi and a full kitchen, which ALSO needs an update desperately. The guy that helped me with my refund was very aware of the status of the hotel, saying that part of the hotel had been updated. You could tell by his face that he had heard this story one too many times.

I have learned through this experience that I will pay a little more in the future because in this situation it was true: you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Anything would be better than a view of Ocean Blvd
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Toni T
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Great price for the place. Went to Myrtle Beach with tha family 7/8/12 and stayed til 7/14/12. The staff was very friendly and the place was clean. Being on the beach is an added bonus. I would go back. Nice indoor and outdoor pool (if on the small side). Overall experience very good.

Room Tip: Get oceanview room kids love it.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephanie G
Sheffield Lake, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed on the condo side and it was awesome! Had a living room w/ a pull down bed that changed into a table when you put it up! Full kitchen w/ a dishwasher and had a washer and dyer in the condo. Full sized frig, microwave, & stove. We had a great side view of the ocean. One thing that we loved is that it was quiet. We didn't hear anyone next door or outside and we had neighbors on all sides. Also they have maid service every day, which was great! The parking garage is attached, so you don't have to park across the street like most of the other hotels on the strand. We will come back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family