“great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

would give anyone looking for good hotel to stay to check out holiday sands south! very good location,easy access to everything,probably nicest staff I have ever met! nice little restaurant in hotel. only hotel I will ever stay while in m/b.dont forget indoor pools and hot tubs or outer pool. only downfall is maids like to start early but that's ok cause gets ya moving earlier! THANKS AGAIN! SEE YA NEXT YEAR.

Room Tip: Get an ocean side. Views are excellent
1 Thank Tracy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Love this motel. Ive stayed here 4 years in a row for Mustang Week. The staff is the best. It may not be the nicest or up to date but I feel at home every time I stay. And I'm sorry our loud mustangs keep everyone up.

• Stayed July 2014
Lake Placid, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have never stayed here before. Booked based on price and location. Stayed in the hotel with an ocean view room with a full kitchen. It is no frills but that's fine with me. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The view was good. Walk out and you are right on the beach. Some reviews complained about the parking. There is plenty of parking across the street in the overflow parking and it is lighted. I would definitely stay here again. The only issue I had was that Mustang Week started at the end of my vacation. They drag race at night in the street. It's really loud. I would not stay here during that week.

Room Tip: Don't stay during Mustang Week. They drag race in the streets at night. It's really loud. E...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Jefferson, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Everything was good until i received a letter from the maid service telling me that i needed to clean my own room. i went to the front desk and asked for my own cleaning supplies. I also responded by letting them know that i would try to contain my special needs son so tgat he wouldn't get anything dirty or unorganized. I complained about the letter, but they brushed it off. We vacation often, but bc of that, we will take our business somewhere else. This is no place for special needs kids obviously.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank qsevans
Voorheesville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have been staying at Holiday Sands South for 16years or more and Love it there. The rooms are clean and employees are polite and do eveything they can to make your stay enjoyable. John the manager goes out of his way to please everyone. Tim at the front desk always greets us with a big smile and a hug!!! How more welcome could that b!! Steve and Harriet at the Ocean View Cafe treat us like family. We have lunh everyday there because of the great food. We stay in the Condos now because we bring our grandchildren which is great for us because there is a washer and dryer in the room. The kids swim in the pools and love the lazy river. This is a great family hotel!!!

Room Tip: If you coose to stay in a condo make sure it is managed by Holiday Sands and not CONDO LUX. You wil...
2 Thank Chris A
Bristol, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was not clean. We actually found a dirty pair of panties in the living room with trash in the floor next to the air conditioner unit which was so loud you could barely sleep. The carpet was not clean. The bath tub was a hot tub with jets and the jets were black from buildup. The towels stunk and were stiff as a board. We had a kitchen that literally had only a few pieces of cookwear. And some of it was in the draw and it was dirty. The whole place needs some serious updating from the main lobby and esp the room. The carpet is old and dirty. The tile if out dated. For the amount of money that it costed us to stay there we could have been living high on the hog. We wont be staying there again.

2 Thank EFC71
Landis, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed on the hotel side. First off I want to say the hotel staff is excellent. Better then I have seen even in good hotels. Also the food in the little cafe is excellent. The hotel is also very clean. I always ran into someone cleaning up. Now the bad part. The hotel needs to be updated badly. We had a two bedroom which is separated by an accordion door. The back room doesn't have air conditioning. So you need to leave the door open just to get air back there and believe me it gets hot! Also there isn't any soap, shampoos, etc that you get in other hotels. Also don't use the kitchen items unless you clean them beforehand. The parking also needs a big overhaul. It's across the street and if that is filled you have to go behind another building to park. They also have like 5 upfront parking just for hotel management! I only saw two cars there the entire time. Which makes me wonder where the rest of the staff parks at. The pools are also small. Overall is a good hotel for the price if the above things don't bother you. We won't come back unless some upgrades are done. But the staff does rock! !

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family