“THIS PLACE IS GREAT!!!”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Sands South
Ranked #92 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We stayed on the 10th floor of the new condo's and had a side room. The view of teh ocean was great. This place rocks! Can't wait till next year.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 April 2009

stayed at holiday sands april 3rd thru 5th of april.the rooms where huge.2 queen beds seperated by the kitchen.2tv"s and a
whirlpool bath in room.
restaurant was very good also.
no in coffee,but i had my own.
i will be back

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank travelingbuddy034
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Thanks to the phone book, we left our current hotel Sea Crest down the street because of the lack of indoor kiddie pools when we got there! (Read review on Sea Crest March 2009) The staff were very helpful, especially Dario, one of the Managers. Basic room, with a Preschool Channel on TV called NOGGIN TV. It really makes a difference with my 1 and 3 year old. Their gym was decent, old but decent. They have a restaurant with reasonable prices, and their kiddie pools were great. Friendly staff, parking nearby. Very content with this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Bubba B
Reviewed 16 March 2009

i just stayed at this hotel march 13th-16th and i enjpyed every minute of it. the staff was friendly and very helpful. i like some of the other reviews was kinda scared, but it was more good reviews than bad. We had a 2bdrm condo and it was new very updated. the room was very clean and it was huge and spacious. It was 10 of us and i cooked the 1st night I was there and we Had plenty of room. I always look at all reviews before I go any where and I can say this is a wonderful place to stay and I will be going back in Spt and will stay there again. And not to mention they have a resturant overlooking the ocean. the food there was great and cheap also.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights starting March 7th. There were certainly pros and cons to this room. I'll start with the cons.

- The room was leaning towards "shabby". The roof over our bed had bubbled and started cracking. The furniture/decor was outdated.

- The pillows (2 of them for a queen bed) were flat and old. The bed was hard and uncomfortable.

- The water pressure was mediocre at best.

- The halls were damp and reeked of chlorine.

Now, the pros.

- The desk staff were friendly, competent, and generally great!

- The cleaning staff were wonderful, the room was kept clean and tidy daily with no interference to our stay.

- The view was spectacular! This hotel is right on the beach and the ocean view is picture perfect.

- Regardless of low water pressure - the water was HOT and relaxing in the shower.

- The price is right (40/night off season, tax inc).

- They had tons of parking.

As you can see, my stay wasn't awful - despite the run down rooms and damp hallways. My friend and I ended up buying new pillows at Walmart - which was a VAST improvement but we shouldn't of have had to. The hotel needs to update that, and maybe invest in some new beds. The staff and location saved this place, in my opinion.

I'd recommend this hotel for a no frills/cheap place to stay. If you are looking for luxury this is NOT the hotel for you.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank EJ81_ON
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My husband and I grew up going to Myrtle Beach during vacations with our families, so when we got married and started our own family, we decided that Myrtle Beach was where we wanted to go. As a couple, we've stayed at another place just down the street from Holiday Sands at South Beach, but when I found them on the web, I knew this was the place we wanted to stay! It is above and beyond the best place at the beach! The condos are simply above any other place that I have ever stayed at the beach. They were clean and spacious. We stayed 7 nights in an ocean front condo and it was perfect for the two of us and our daughter.

We cooked just about every meal in the room. We had plenty of utensils and other kitchen items. However, having stayed at other condos, I knew to bring my own dish soap, laundry detergent, coffee & filters, storage bags & containers, bath items, etc. We brought a $1.00 bottle of laundry deterent at the Dollar Tree and used it every day and still had some left over to bring home. The housekeeping staff came in about every other day and picked up the towels and made the beds, etc. But, if I wanted clean towels, I washed them. Not rocket science people. We love the full kitchen as with a small child, we like to cook for her and not pay full price for her when we eat out somewhere.

The pools were awesome and we love the lazy river. I think it's perfect being covered as it makes it nicer to just relax and not have to worry about the heat of the sun. The lawn with chairs and beach are just a few steps away, so if we wanted to sit in the sun, we went to the beach or used the outdoor pool. There were always plenty of spare towels but we usually bring our own.

The location is perfect as it's close to some grocery stores and the Springmaid Pier. We've stayed at Springmaid before but for the price, I'd rather say at the condo. We paid about $65/a nite in Sept and they even gave us one night free. So, that's saying something for the beach.

My husband and I have agreed that we would stay here as long as we were coming to the beach. We would have stayed here last year, but we went on a cruise instead. So, this year, we have already booked our Sept. trip and got a 25% discount for 7 days! That's incredible.

If you are looking for a great place, that's affordable, this place it is! WE LOVE IT!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Our trip originally started at the Caribbean Resort, but after a horrible check-in and nasty room, we switched our stay to Holiday Sands South Beach! We ended up getting a bigger room than the Caribbean offered. We booked a 1BR/1BA ocean view condo on the 8th floor. The room was very clean, well decorated, and had a full kitchen, huge bedroom and bathroom and a nice size balcony. The living room was very small and cramped, but not a total loss. The hotel offers onsite parking (parking garage), indoor and outdoor pools, lazy river and hot-tub. The location was the best part of this hotel due to the fact that it is downtown on the strip, but located down south away from all the noise and action. We are actually coming back here in March for our spring vacation. The staff were friendly and helpful and they also have a Cafe next door so you can order from in your room or walk up from the beach or pool and order lunch!

Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends