“Not bad for the price!!”

Holiday Sands South
Ranked #70 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Massachusetts
“Not bad for the price!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

I found this room on the computer and thought it was too good to be true. The only problem with the room was it was small. When I called to book it the woman had told me it was on the small side, so the honesty part was good. We had a very nice view from our balcony. The room stated oceanview and it was. (we weren't viewing from a 1/2 mile from the beach, the hotel is oceanfront) The staff there was very nice. For the price it worked for both of us. What seemed to bother me was sharing some of the things we had. This hotel has condos right next door that they also own. And even though they have a pool also people were constantly back and forth and back and forth. It just seemed to make the outdoors a little more crowded then it needed to be.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

Hotel is in tough shape. Not taken care of. Broken smoke detector, light switches and running toilet were never repaired our entire stay. When we complained about the smoke detector the desk clerk responded "well why didn't you come down sooner". Not sure how they could have missed it to begin with. Another thing is they don't have alarm clocks in the rooms. What? What hotel doesn't have alarm clocks?

Hotel staff doesn't care about you. There were multiple instances when the maids crowded me in the elevator with large carts. I literally had to squeeze in the corner.

In conclusion, the hotel is very out of date and in disrepair. Combine that with uncaring staff and a location 5 miles from anything and you have a bad experience. Plan on using your car alot if you plan on going to the shops on the boulevard, where you will also pay for parking.

No wifi either as a side note.

1 Thank Tmurray1
Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

I stayed here the month of June 09. I hope this review will help ya.We were in the smaller building in the south beach.Holiday sands South.
First the BAD- very little good parking without walking several blocks to the hotel.Can't use the next store parking in the new building.Only 2 elevators and getting floor to floor during the day is alil tough. Bathroom toliet(don't laugh) is too small and I'm only a 185 lbs. (MALE)Bathrooms are alittle small.Can't get in the shower with the door open.Some cooking utensils and pans,but not many.Bring a couple with you.Some noise above me and beside me during the night.Almost called the desk.Sound like they were banging the walls out.In your room,it was wayyy too easy to hear others closing their doors in other rooms.

NOW THE GOOD;For the money,a good hotel and reasonablely priced. Plenty of lounging room.Very close to the beach.About 100 yds to the water!!Nice Kitty pool area with different landscapes inside & out. In door pool and outdoor.Nice hot tub.I haven't eatten at the hotel,so I'm not sure about the food. CLean rooms and good views. Looks like about a 22-25" TV in the room.Least the one I am in. Has a safe,but its small. Wallets,jewlery etc.. Has DSL hook up in the room for your laptop.But a veryyyy short cord.Better bring one.I couldn't even sit at the desk.Bout it.

1 Thank Wayne117
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

Our first trip to MB. This place was a mess. People stay here because it is one of the cheapest places to stay. You get what you pay for. Our room was filthy. The pools were small and so packed you couldn't swim or get in. When we went to use the micorowave there was a TV dinner from the guest before us that the housekeeping left in there, which it had exploded and smelled of rot. The manager at the front desk got loud and began to yell at me as if it was my fault. RUDE! The sheets on the beds do not fit so you wake up on the mattress. The towels and bedspreads smelled of rot. The carpet was filthy. We checked out other places to stay and the Compass Cove or Coral Beach was top. If you want cheap stay here.

1 Thank topit7
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

We recently stayed at Holiday Sands South Beach in a 1 bedroom condo. Location is great, pools were great. Parking was provided in a garage for that building. Lots of room with a great view. Kitchen had plenty of dishes and utentiels that we needed. But no alarm clock at all. Staff was friendly and seemed to want to help -but could not seem to get things correct. Each day the housekeeping did not leave enough towels and wash cloths and we had to request more. We ask for a blanket for the pull down bed two different times and never did get one. Brought a mattress pad one time and nothing the second time. We had two babies in our room and they kept finding food crumbs from past guest under edges of the furniture. Housekeeping obviously only vaccums the open places. The balcony also had pieces of several different foods left from previous guests. Also, the houskeeping employ servicing our room was very obvious in hinting for tips. She kept mentioning how long her week was and how much work she had to do. She was also the one who did not bring the promised blanket and didn't leave enough towels etc each day. I may stay at this location again but I would request to see the unit to be sure it was clean before completing the registration process. I would also encourage anyone I told about this condo to check first.

1 Thank mountain2beachgirl
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

I just got back from a weeks vacation(6-8-09 thru 6-15-09). I normally stay at the Holiday Sands on the North end, but I must say that this one is far better. We stayed on the beachfront and it was a nice view with our own private balcony and our rooms separated by the kitchenette. The staff was very nice, they had an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Then only hangup about this was that every morning when housekeeping came through to do our room, she was always out of things. We gave her our dirty towels and she would promise to bring them back, but never did and she only cleaned, vacuumed our room once. I just hated to have to go down to get towels and wash cloths after the fact that she promised to bring them back each day. Why were they always out of them anyway? Other than that I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone the price for a week was fantastic and it smelled great compared to the one on the north end always smelled of mildew from the wet sand and pools.

South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Holiday Sands. We stayed on the condo side and had a very spacious 1 bedroom condo. The view was great and had great maid service everyday. We loved the parking garage as we could park on the floor we were on and only steps to our room (4th floor). All employees were nice and friendly. Great condo at a very reasonable price. Who could ask for more!!