“Most horrible experiance”

Ranked #83 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Inwood wv
“Most horrible experiance”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

It is pretty dirty and is poorly taken care of. Filthy pool, took the stuff several hours to clean up somebody's feces of the pool floor, disgusting! (so if you decide to take a chance and stay there, watch your step!). When we got in the room, we had to ask to replace cracked coffee pot, and than fix the DSL router (No wireless internet). Price was mis-advertised, so was the hotel room. We had to pay almost twice the price than agreed upon booking. Instead of a non smoking room, that was originally booked we got a smoking room. It turns out there were no non smoking rooms in the whole building! We were never warned about it! Staff seemed to hate their work and was kind of friendly but not enthusiastic at all. Found old cigarette buds under the bed and refrigerator. Had to cut our stay very short. I would have given a lesser rating if I could...

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Salisbury NC
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom condo units and loved it. we even extended our stay 1 night. everyone was very nice and helpful. the room was clean and had everything we needed. The only thing we found wrong was the hot tub in the condo part was not hot enough. We complained and it was never heated up.

• Stayed August 2009
Charlotte NC
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This was a very nice place to stay.The staff were verynice and helpful.The two bedroom condos were spacious and the one bedroom weregood too.we stayed at the newer building the tall one. we had a great oceanfront unit.Iwill be back soon .it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank pickeyofnc
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Stayed at Holiday Sands South for the WFC Fastpitch World Series. We had a few rooms in the "condo" building of the property. We traveled from NJ to stay for a week. On arrival the property looked very much like most of the others on the strip. When we got into our rooms we were very pleasantly surprised how wonderful the rooms were! We had 1-bedroom suites with two queen beds, a full size Murphy bed and afull kitchen, including a dishwasher. We also had a washer and dryer in each room! The rooms looked brand new and were in pristine condition. All the appliances were fairly new. The central air was fully programmable for day and night variable temps and was cold! Our rooms were listed as "side, Partial Ocean view". The view was better than expected we had a great ocean view and at the same time a great view down the strip. The covered parking lot was great. The pools (indoor and outdoor) were very basic but clean. The property was very well groomed. The staff was very accommodating and available.

There was a "grassy area" between the hotel and the beach; the hotel staff let my players practice in this area up until 11PM...Thank you HSS Staff!

The only downside was the occasional smell of mildew in the elevators and lower walkway by the "lazy river" pool.

We will definitly be staying at the Holiday Sands South when we return in 2010!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Kingsport, TN
Reviewed 30 July 2009

This was our first and last time of staying at the hotel. When they say ocean view what they should say is a view of the Regency Towers next door. The first day we checked in and we couldn't open the balcony door in the master suite due to the lock being broken is the day that we should have left. There was some kind of huge bug crawling on the floor and my husband just happened to see it. We don't require a lot of maid service, all we ask for is clean towels and empty the trash. We asked for a dish towel and a dish rag and 3 days later we got one. The mattress pad on the king bed was torn so bad that I couldn't even make the bed, so I asked the maid if we could have another one, she said sure that she would take care of it. We leave to go to the beach and come back and the ripped mattress pad is still on our bed. So we have to call and get one. The maids and the staff were all rude and uncaring, the only nice person was the maintenance guy and we became pretty good friends because he had to make so many trips to our room to do things that the maids should have done. The pools were small, very cold and didn't look clean. So I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and no we won't be staying there again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank itsananax2
Tennessee
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We stayed there for Mustang Week 2009 because several people with Mustangs were staying there. First of all the smell in the hallways almost made me vomit and reminded me of puke. Then the room didn't smell quite as bad but felt soooo dirty. I think the beds had bed bugs because I itched so BAD each night that I only got about 4 hrs of sleep each night if I was lucky and then had raised bumps all over my arms after about a few days. I finally had my husband buy some sheets and a comforter that I put over the existing bedding. I didn't want to walk on the carpet because it felt so dirty under my feet. The tiles in the kitchen and bathroom were covered with a sticky film that felt like oil. I am airing my suit cases out and not bringing them in the house for fear of bugs on them. I will never stay there again. I like to stay at a hotel that is clean and this is definately not the case with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PinkPonyTennessee
Holiday-Sands-South, General Manager at Holiday Sands South, responded to this review, 6 August 2009
I can't understand why someone would stay in a room with the problems that were mentioned. We have absolutely no records of any complaints like you stated during Mustang Week. We wish you would have brought this to our attention while you were here. We would have gladly addressed any problem and refunded your unused money if you were unhappy. Please call me at 800-448-4439 so that we can find out what unit you stayed in and thoroughly check out your complaints. We hope you will continue to choose Myrtle Beach as your family vacation destination. Thank you.

John Lucas
Holiday Sand South Properties
Randleman, NC
Reviewed 21 July 2009

We just retuenred home from a 3 night stay at Holiday Sands South. The room we had was a good value and had all the basics we could ever need. The only complaint we had was the parking is not adequate and CONVENIENT for the amount of rooms they have. They have a lot of different pool areas and also cater to the younger ones with the shallow play areas. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Motherofallboys
Thanks for posting your experience at Holiday Sands South. Yes, the majority of our parking is across the street for the Hotel guests. This allows us to provide more oceanfront amenities like the pool amenities, restaurant, and a large oceanfront lawn. So, there is certainly some nice benefits for the trade-off. Thanks so much for choosing Holiday Sands South Properties. We really appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

John Lucas