“We had a great family visit....”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #89 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greenville, North Carolina
“We had a great family visit....”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Everyone at Holiday Shores is so friendly and helpful....it is a relaxing getaway....Kathy and all the folks do an excellent....Everything is very well kept, neat and clean...we will stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Previously stayed at Oceana Luxury Resorts, but Holiday Shores exceeded expectations for the price that we payed Labor Day Weekend. Very clean, quiet, and amazing staff. We will book again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jazzyj0195
raleigh, nc
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I read Trip Advisor reviews before booking all my trips and it has lead me to places I wouldn't stop at on my own. Once again Trip Advisor delivers. We have been going to Myrtle Beach for 15 years, often multiple times a year and we have ALWAYS stayed at a high rise on the ocean. This time we were looking for something a little more economical and settled on the Holiday Shores. What a GREAT little place. Our room was 1/2 what it would be in a highrise. $75/night during labor day weekend. Too good not to give it a try. Our rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. We loved that we walked out the front door and the pool was right there and walked out the back door and our car was right there. This place is across the street from Starbucks and River City Cafe and is our preferred part of Myrtle Beach because of it's walking distance to great restaraunts. The Beach was a very short stroll (5 minutes). At a small place like this the pool isn't too crowded and the company around the pool is friendly. We enjoy the highrise hotels in the winter because of the indoor pools/hot tubs and lazy rivers, but in the summer this place is unbeatable. Best of all we had access to ALL oceana resorts, so if the weather was bad we could drive up to a sister hotel. This hotel also included free tickets to Wild Water and Wheels which was great. Highly recommend this place and would definitely go back even I had the $150/night to spend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2011

A clean, wonderful motel in a quiet area (compared to the rest of MB) We felt safe, and there were many restaurants within walking distance since we didn't rent a car. The staff were very friendly, and the pool was great with lots of seating for everyone. The only thing we didn't like was the loud ai rconditioner right next to the bedt. It seemed to either be too hot or too cold and always too loud. We'd stay here again dispite this, but its worth mentioning.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rensisbable
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My 12 year old daughter and I went to Myrtle Beach for a long weekend before school started back. We do this every year, but usually stay at one of the oceanfront high rises. This year, we tried something a little different and opted for the small family setting. After reading the reviews, we decided that the Holiday Shores would be the place to go. We were NOT disappointed. This place was everything we had hoped for and then some. My daughter got experience one of my fondest childhood memories, and that is making friends at the pool of a small family motel. The small family atmosphere was apparent everywhere we looked. The grounds were immaculate, as were the rooms. What I really enjoyed was NO ELEVATORS OR LUGGAGE CARTS. We simply backed our car right to the door, opened the trunk and were unpacked...and packed.

I can't wait to introduce my husband to this gem.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Ashland,KY
Reviewed 14 August 2011

we had arrived in Myrtle Beach 2 days before our reservations at another place and happened upon the Holiday Shores. They had a room for the first night only so we took it. Much to our amazement Kathy worked things out for us for our second night. This is a great place for families or couples and we really appreciate the great lengths that Kathy went to for US !! Small, safe, clean, and quiet yet convenient to everywhere. We would highly recommend Holiday Shores (and Kathy)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Madison, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Upon arrival, when pulling into the Holiday Shores parking lot, which looked very quaint; I was like oh my gosh, my family is going to kill me for picking this place. They are use to high rise resorts. This ended up being the BEST trip ever. We were close to everything. The hotel was super clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the lady at the front desk named Kathy. The hotel had a pool and a kiddie pool, which was very clean. There was lots of parking and we never had to hunt for a spot. We felt very safe and secure, like we were at home. I would also like to add the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Simply ask the lady named Kathy at the front desk what she has available and she will accomodate you...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you and your family had a great time while staying with us. I am glad that everyone had a good time in the pools and that everyone felt safe and secure. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher