“Great Find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #88 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and I were looking for a family friendly affordable hotel for vacation and we were very pleased with Holiday Shores! I had some difficulty making reservations online so I called and Kathy very quickly matched the online pricing and booked my reservation. We booked last minute and based our decision to go with this hotel from other reviews.

When we arrived Kathy greeted us and was available during the duration of our stay to answer any questions.

Our room was clean and well stocked. We were pleased with the balcony overlooking the courtyard which housed the pool and a nice grassy area with beautiful flowers and charming southern touches. The rooms are older and dated, however, it adds to the "charm" and "mom and pop" feel.

We also took advantage of the gas grill available for guest use. We cooked most of our meals on the grill, and enjoyed the ease of gas as most hotels with grills only offer charcoal.

The beach was close enough for us, about a block walk, but only one street to cross. We enjoyed the pool and it was nice to have the kiddie pool for our daughter.

The rooms are non-smoking but the outdoor areas are available for smoking which was great for myself and my daughter in the room ad great for my husband who always smokes outside.

We would certainly refer our friends to the Holiday Shores and we will be returning! Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Katie A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My spouse and I made the reservation because of the website's ad that all rooms are "non-smoking." We made the wrong assumption. When we first entered the office, it reeked of smoke. The small courtyard area around the pool also reeked of smoke, as many people were sitting on their patios smoking. There was an ashtray on every plastic table. Even though the rooms are labeled "non-smoking", please be aware that this is very much a SMOKING motel!
The pool was very small and the kids of a few families had it monopolized all afternoon, throwing beachballs in an unsafe manner.
Because the place is so small, you can hear courtyard noise from your rooms. At 9:30pm we had to call the front desk because we had an early morning check-out scheduled the next day, and even with our TV set and air vent on, the shrieking, thumping, and yelling from the pool courtyard area was obnoxious.
The employees seemed nice enough. The room was small but clean, and everything worked. The location is central to attractions. As my title indicates, this is a fine place for a certain clientele, but it was the wrong choice for us.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LouisePennsylvania
Greenville,NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and i just returned from a relaxing and fun stay at Holiday Shores. Kathy and the entire staff are so nice and accomodating...They make it feel like your "home away from home". The rooms are comfortable and well appointed...the pool area is beautiful and everything is so convenient and easy to access....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank JesseGreenville_NC
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Shores. We are so glad that you enjoyed everything! We try hard to make our place feel like your "home away from home" and we are happy that you noticed! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Ms Cathy was really good to us for a motel to be right off the shore is a plus room had its own kitchen utensils which was A plus I didn't mind cleaning them before I left I will stay again this is one of the best motels in myrtle beach!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marvin T
pawleys island, sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was a weekend get away that went the right way!! Reasonale rates, very friendly staff, clean rooms and close to everything. The ability to park close to room and the easy access to the pool is so convient. In addition, you never had to look for a chair by the pool because there were more than enough! I would reccommend this gem to families, couples and anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the larger hotels!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank sheree07
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This place feels like a room out of the 80s! And I love it. Everything is pretty dated but it adds to that escapist feeling. The water here seemed very clean as well and the onsite laundry wasn't too gouging.

The room seems well insulated as I did not hear my neighbors at all. Plus the location is a quiet rental neighborhood and quite safe.

Only issue I had was the door in my room facing the pool sent an electrical current through me.... so don't stand barefoot and stick a key in it when it is in contact with the metal frame. The owners didn't seem too concerned with this but I imagine someone is going to get electrocuted one day...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank FoxFx
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. We are very fortunate that we have a lot of loyal, repeat guests and we welcome any comments or concerns that can help us keep our repeat business. I do remember you letting me about the problem with the aluminum frame around your door, and I apologize if I did not seem concerned. I immediately called our electrician and did not hear from him until late in the day, but he came the next day (you had already checked-out) and corrected the problem. We hope you will visit us the next time you come to Myrtle Beach - call me directly and I will give you my best rate! - Kathy
Troutman, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The staff are very polite and hospitable. The access to the beach was just great. You don't have to stay beach side to have fun. Nice family orented place. Clean and well taken care of. As far as I can say we will go back again and again. Price is affordable for people who don't have a lot of money to spend so you can do other things. A short trip to everything.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Terrie B
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed it! We do hope that you will stay with us again soon.