Indigo Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark(Myrtle Beach)
US$162
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
US$134
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$90
The Caravelle Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$98
US$236
  • Pool
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$242
US$214
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsrocking chairsgreat hot tubclean roomssmall hotelno vacancyplace to staynice poolflights of stairsprivate balconycompass covecleaning staffwould definitely stay here againocean blvdcornholeratescleanlinessmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2008

I have been going to Myrtle Beach every summer for several years. In recent years, I have been taking my mother, who is in her 60's. That being the case, I have always tried to stay at a hotel that would be pleasant for her. No resorts, lazy rivers, etc, needed.Peaceful & quiet are what I seek. I have tried a variety of hotels with the help of the Myrtle Beach Beach book. I try to get the best stay for my money without spending big dollars.
The Indigo Inn was WONDERFUL!! As soon as I saw the room and went down to get my things, I stopped at the front desk and immediately complimented the workers on the cleanliness and smell. The hotel has won awards for cleanliness, I should note. My mom was extremely pleased!! The rockers on the balcony were a nice touch. :-) The balcony railing was higher than those at other hotels, giving a better sense of security.
Also, the BEST part for me was the parking. Two years ago, I stayed at the Gazebo Inn, which was nice, but the parking garage was small and difficult to get in and out of. Having a new car, I was a nervous wreck everytime I left. I ended up renting a ground level parking spot at the hotel next to it and felt much better. The Indigo Inn's parking was GREAT!! I could see my car every day as it was all ground level. They do have overflow parking across the street, but never had to use it. What a relief!!
The employees were contstantly cleaning. Mom even saw one employee wiping down the elevator and trim!! Nine floors, all oceanfront rooms. We decided to stay an extra night and had to move 2 floors up. That room was also VERY clean and nice smelling. THe refrigerator was frozen up, but an employee worked on it for several hours to dethaw it for us.
If I had to give a negative, it would be that the bathroom didn't have a vent. But I just cracked the door as a vent. Ironing boards and iron are provided. No hair dryer, but then I always bring one anyway. I never take an iron, so that was a nice feature of the room.
I would strongly suggest this hotel if you want a nice, clean, quiet, affordable, and pleasant place to stay. I know I will be staying there this summer and summers in the future.

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank Beachgal07
Reviewed 20 October 2007

We go to Myrtle Beach twice a year and after several disappoinments at some of the "big resorts" we decided to stay at the Indgigo Inn. Wow! Gotta be one of the best values on the strand. 8th floor, great view, and rocking chairs! Very clean, comfortable beds, and a clean and functional efficiency area. (one thing...take a hair dryer) We're going back mid-december and we'll stay the the Indogo.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Horsefolks
Reviewed 28 August 2007

This is Myrtle Beach gem. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are even cleaner! And I HATE dirty bathrooms. The hotel is quiet and you can definately get a good breeze with the balcony door and the room door open (even though they ask you don't do this because the doors slam and are very loud). But all in all this is such a great place to stay and they are the only place with a visable sign from the beach at night in neon (great for late-night walks down the beach). We will definately stay here for years to come:-)

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Dragonflypeace
Reviewed 15 July 2007

This hotel was better than any timeshare resort I have ever stayed - it's all about what you're looking for. One major thing I expect is cleanliness, and we had it here. The room smelled and looked wonderful upon arrival. We had friendly housekeeping who kept our room clean and well-stocked. Extra towels were given upon request. Myrtle Beach is very crowded, yet this hotel was very peaceful and comfortable. We were only 1 mile from the end of South Myrtle Beach and 1 and a quarter mile from the Family Kingdom rides. It was a good area to be. People were calm and quiet and friendly. I felt secure, relaxed, and comfortable my entire stay. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub, we could step right off the deck and be on the beach. We stayed on the second floor. It is an older place, but I believe they are making updates. Everything was clean and functional. Our queen beds seemed new because they were so soft and comfortable, I slept so good. Also, the shower head looked new and was plenty high enough for us. I don't care about high dollar luxury - I want simple things like cleanliness, convenience, friendliness, so if you're looking for a decent quality hotel, this is it. We were very pleased and impressed and plan on returning again and again. I am very picky, so trust me, this is a good hotel. I am married and have 2 kids, and I expect certain standards for what I pay. We were very satisfied. We stayed in a standard hotel room, but recieved better services and had more comfort and convenience than the past 3 different timeshare resorts we have previously stayed in. Those are for the birds. This is our new place! We loved the Indigo Inn and cannot wait to go back!

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank vacationloverNC
Reviewed 18 April 2007

Let's start with the positive--the heated pool was AWESOME! Very clean and super-warm. Hot tub was OK...kind of old, but not too bad. And the staff was OK--not terribly friendly, but accomodating enough. The beach, of course, was fabulous. But that's where the good stuff ends...

Here comes the negative....I was SO hoping this would be a fresh and clean, mom-and-pop type of establishment, with relatively new rooms (meaning remodeled within the past two decades). Not so!! It is about as dated as any cheapo motel
on the strip could be--we stayed in an efficiency (room 602)--the only thing that *might* have been replaced in the last decade was the tile when you walked in the room. The kitchenette was a JOKE--man's first microwave, the OLDEST electric, push-button, 1960's stove I have ever seen, man's first college-sized fridge, and practically no plates/utensils. Painfully old and dingy cabinets. Ugghh...made me want to turn right around. The room was painted that bright, institutional/hospital green, with old DIRTY carpet (my kids feet were BLACK after running around on it for a few hours!), one old dresser with broken drawers, a homeade TV stand, nasty plastic curtains, a cigarette hole in the scratchiest comforter ever made, the sheets DID NOT fit the bed (they popped off every time you got in it...), and the nice-looking rockers on the balcony were partially broken/wobbly. Plus, the bathroom vanity looked cheaply homeade, standing on one spindly leg, and it was very small. The tub was OK--clean and new-er looking.

All in all, it was a really disappointing place. We will rent a house next year rather than go this route.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family