“Very disappointed...kind of a dump!!”
Review of Indigo Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Indigo Inn
Ranked #76 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 18 April 2007

Let's start with the positive--the heated pool was AWESOME! Very clean and super-warm. Hot tub was OK...kind of old, but not too bad. And the staff was OK--not terribly friendly, but accomodating enough. The beach, of course, was fabulous. But that's where the good stuff ends...

Here comes the negative....I was SO hoping this would be a fresh and clean, mom-and-pop type of establishment, with relatively new rooms (meaning remodeled within the past two decades). Not so!! It is about as dated as any cheapo motel
on the strip could be--we stayed in an efficiency (room 602)--the only thing that *might* have been replaced in the last decade was the tile when you walked in the room. The kitchenette was a JOKE--man's first microwave, the OLDEST electric, push-button, 1960's stove I have ever seen, man's first college-sized fridge, and practically no plates/utensils. Painfully old and dingy cabinets. Ugghh...made me want to turn right around. The room was painted that bright, institutional/hospital green, with old DIRTY carpet (my kids feet were BLACK after running around on it for a few hours!), one old dresser with broken drawers, a homeade TV stand, nasty plastic curtains, a cigarette hole in the scratchiest comforter ever made, the sheets DID NOT fit the bed (they popped off every time you got in it...), and the nice-looking rockers on the balcony were partially broken/wobbly. Plus, the bathroom vanity looked cheaply homeade, standing on one spindly leg, and it was very small. The tub was OK--clean and new-er looking.

All in all, it was a really disappointing place. We will rent a house next year rather than go this route.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank sarahandbray

Reviewed 12 September 2006

I looked online for a good cheap hotel in Myrtle Beach just to relax for my one year wedding anniversary with my wife. I found this motel. It's at the most southern part of Myrtle Beach. The Indigo Inn is a great motel. We stayed on the 5th floor. Great view of the ocean, and that's another thing, EVERY room in the motel is ocean front. It was very clean and I really don't remember hearing any of the guests on the other rooms.

Since it's been well over a month since we stayed there, but I only remember two things I didn't like about the Indigo Inn:

1. I'm only 5'6" tall, but the shower head was about 5' tall. That's not a good thing.

2. My wife and I think that one of the front desk people had a thing for her, because he would only look at her when we were in his sight.

I've included pictures of views and of the shower.

I hope this review helped you decide. Eli

Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank pclydeinc
Reviewed 14 August 2006

We stayed at the Indigo Inn the 3rd week of June. We have a 13 year old and a 8 year old and they both said this was the best vacation yet!!! The hotel was perfect! I just can't tell you how much we loved our stay. We had never been to Myrtle Beach before but when we decided to stay I read alot of reviews on this hotel. Most of the reviews were good but you know you always have some that are not so good. I thought for the price we would give it a try. I decided to call the hotel to make the reservations and they were so helpful. I basicly told them that I wanted a room with 2 queen beds and a kitchen. They gave us the perfect room!! We were on the 4th floor and about in the center of the hotel. The view from our room was EXCELLENT!! We weren't too high but we weren't on the bottom which basicly all you would of been able to see was the pool area. I can't stress enough how clean the rooms were! We stayed somewhere about halfway through our trip to get to Myrtle Beach and it wasn't so pleasant. So I was soo pleased when I saw our room at the Indigo Inn!! We decided that we are going back same time next year and we hope to get the same room! We will see all the wonderful staff that works there then!!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank ohaver687
Reviewed 9 July 2006

We arrived a day earlier than our reservations and were able to get a room without any problems. The room was on the 8th floor with a great view. It was a smoking room (we're non-smokers and were not looking forward to this), but you would have never known it. Not one trace of anyone having ever smoked there. Smelled great. We moved to the 2nd floor for the rest of the week and had an equally nice clean room. Overall, we had a very nice stay and will definitely return to the Indigo Inn, probably this summer.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed 12 June 2006

We arrived at the Indigo Inn on Sunday with the intention of staying till friday. We had such a great time we stayed an extra night.Our room was on the 5th floor, it was very clean. The view from our balcony was awesome and we loved the rocking chairs! Housekeeping did a great job every day, even tucking in my sons bedtime pals.We moved to the 2nd floor for our last night, was also very clean. Pool was always clean and the hot tub was wonderful. Right in the middle of some of the more expensive hotels, but we don't regret the Indigo and will continue to return.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank redheadsburn
Reviewed 7 June 2006

We arrived in Myrtle Beach without reservations and checked out 4 or 5 places before the Indigo and we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the units. The staff was friendly and the housekeepers kept the rooms extremely clean.

The only problem I had was payment in advance on an extended stay. We arrived planning to stay 8 -10 nights but weren't sure. They wanted us to pay for all 10 that we reserved and didn't really have an answer for me when I asked what happened if we left early. They did allow me to pay for 8 upfront and than the last two later in the week which was nice.

All in All a very nice experience and a place I would return to.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank stock4200
A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 15 May 2006

Just returning from Myrtle Beach and the Indigo Inn I was curious to see what other travelers thought about the Inn. Good for them and me. What a nice place. Very clean, and nice size efficiency apartment. Stove and refrig clean and ready to use. Staff friendly and helpful. And, parking right there in front of the Inn and well lighted. Since all the rooms face the beach it was perfect and if any closer to the water, it would have been in the water. I keep returning to the Indigo Inn, because the prices are good and the services are just fine. Easy, comfortable and pleasant stay. Restaurants nearby and all the shopping you could possibly want. Grocery stores also nearby. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2006