“BEWARE OF BED BUGS !!”

Ranked #164 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Clayton, North Carolina
“BEWARE OF BED BUGS !!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

BE AWARE OF BED BUGS!!! To start off, we (a family of 5 +1) stayed there for a full week in ROOM 404 and from what the pictures showed, we thought the units were going to be at least a little bit bigger than they actually were so we invited my mother-in-law to come along --so now 3 adults and 3 kids were a bit cramped in. Regardless, we decided to stay because although small, it appeared to be clean and tidy. We saw no apparent signs of bugs or uncleanliness to be honest, one hot tub was out of service while the other was looking yellowish, and the swimming pool although clean was small, the thing that peeved me the most was the parking across the street or metered parking on the side of the hotel. The kids and my mother-in-law slept on the beds and my husband and I slept on the on the pull out. We definitely made the best of our family vacation. On day two, I noticed 2 red bumps on my leg and brushed them off as "mosquito bites" since we spent all day and most of the night outside and my mother-in-law had a couple of "mosquito bites" as well. That night although no apparent bumps anywhere else, I COULD NOT SLEEP FROM INTENSE ITCHING. By the third day I am starting to think that I am having an allergic reactions to something- tho I had not eaten anything out of the ordinary and from then on the same intense itching at night with now more red bumps appearing around my arms and legs. This continued on but like previously mentioned there was no apparent signs of bugs. NEVER having to deal with bed bugs- I NEVER THOUGHT this could be the case until our 6yr old said "mom those look like bed bug bites NOT mosquito bites!" It wasn't until we got home that we realized our 6yr old was right!!! Our vacation was fun and we certainly enjoyed ourselves MINUS THIS BED BUG DETAIL.

BY THE WAY, my husband called the hotel and told them that I was pretty much bit everywhere and the response was "we will have the maids service look further into this." Such a shame. This could have been a great place for a mommy-daddy getaway but NO THANK YOU!! Jonathan Harbour you can keep your beg bugs with you!!

Room Tip: Avoid room 404!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank keifer9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Weaverville, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2013

we rented a one bedroom condo room 207 in June 2013. The staff was absolutely wonderful... our condo was perfect kitchen was stocked very well. Now having said that... the pool area does need a lot of tlc . One hot tub was broken and drained with caution tape around it . The other one looked very yucky. The swimming pools are VERY SMALL. My kids enjoyed them anyways. In all my family loved our unit and Janice at the front desk....just wish the pool area was better maintained .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank melissa673
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The pictures online must be from when it just opened. The site is VERY MISSLEADING! The carpets were stained, the bedding was GROSS and it SMELLED. The smell made me sick just standing in the room. Will NEVER go back to Jonsthan Harbour. They made me pay a nights fee which I do NOT think was right since it was FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. WILL FIGHT THAT! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank CBrya

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We checked in on July 3 and originally was scheduled to check out on July 6 but the hotel was so nice we decided to stay an additional day so we stayed until July 7,2013. Janice at the front desk was so pleasant she answered any and all questions and even recommended things to do. She was very nice and kind throughout our entire stay. Anthony was sweet as well. You can tell they really care for the people that stay at there hotel. The room was very nice and clean. It was so much more than I had expected. It was clean and well decorated. I loved it and my children loved it. This will be the hotel I stay at on every visit to Myrtle beach. Retina S.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor ocean view a great view and it was over looking the pool which allowed me...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We rented a sideview suite and was disappointed as soon as we opened door. Needs upgraded furniture and televisions. Rooms needs basic amenities such as safe, iron/board and blow dryer. The beds are hard and uncomfortable. 4 positives...the location is great, the shower pressure and temp are excellent, the air conditioner is wonderful and the ice machine are awesome. The pool is too small buy serves its purpose. If all else fails this is a place to come if you want cheap and you aren't used to nice surrounds.

1 Thank girlzontherun
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Dirty sheet and towels kept under stair case. Abandoned building next door...what an excellent view.
Both hot tubs roped off with caution tape. The only soda machine in the building was out of order.
Check out was at 11:00, we were out about 11:30 after being yelled at by cleaning lady and a phone call by the front desk.
Laundry per load $2.50.
Smelly trash right next to our room.
When anyone would flush their toilet you smell it like rotten eggs.
Leak from upstairs dripped on my wife in the middle of the night.
We will not be staying here again.

2 Thank spleach03
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights. Room was Ocean front efficiency with Awesome view. The sheets was clean, air condition cold, water hot. Over all Average with needs of updating furniture. Pool was dirty, 1 hot tub broken and the other needed drained and refilled.
Door had molding missing at bottom causing whistle sound when the wind blew. Reported to manager 1st night who did not have repaired.

1 Thank rick c