“Fun & clean”

Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Fun & clean”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We won't stay any where but Landmark Resort! Friendly staff. Awesome food! Great rooms.The pool parties by Hurricane DJ are so much fun! Awesome DJ!!! Great parking.

1 Thank beachbaby66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (789)
  • Arabic first
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My Wife, Kids and I stayed here the 1st week of June to celebrate the end of the school year for the kids. Front Desk was a little slow but it was very busy. The Room was standard fare but if I wanted the Marriott, I would have stayed (and paid) at the Marriott. Kids had a great time with the variety of activities going on all week. The pool party on Friday was one of the highlights of the entire stay. DJ Hurricane entertained not just the kids but interacted with all ages to make for a fun day. As a former Military man myself, I was deeply honored when he played patriotic music for those serving and those who have served. Love the new poolside bar & snack bar but did not check out the indoor bar or restaurant as we went out to dinner each night. We will be back

Royston, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Arrived early and staff was so nice. She moved rooms around so that I can go ahead and check in. Room was clean and nice.. We stayed in the Deluxe Exec Suite.

Room Tip: Ocean View had great views without the Oceanfront price.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was very SUPRISED that I enjoyed the resort as much as I did due to the reviews I read prior to my stay. I was nervous that our suite would be a disaster, but it was updated and clean. I was there for my family reunion and the suites I saw were renovated or updated. I received excellent service from the front desk staff, to the houskeeping staff, to the staff at the pool. My children enjoyed the beach, pool, and lazy river. Overall it was a good experience, better than I expected.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated/renovated suite!
Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kkelly2467
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This place is trash...from start to finish. Save yourself the headache and go to a nicer hotel!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a non smoking room!
3 Thank HD333

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My family and I have been coming to the Landmark for years because it was affordable. Sure it is a little dated but in the past it had always been clean, the service great & had great amenities. HOWEVER, I doubt we will be returning! When we arrived to check in, we were told that we had to have an additional $100 for a security deposit because we were paying our balance in cash. We did not have an additional $100 and were told that we could not check in. We explained countless times that we were unaware of the security deposit (never been asked in the past) and that we would be happy to do that but it would have to wait until midnight when more funds were deposited into our account. Basically we scrapped together what little cash we had (some from our child) to give them $50. Another manager told us she would not have even done that if it were her decision. We had been coming there for years and always have been good customers but was told by management if they made an exception for us, they would have to do that for everyone. I understood what they were saying but come on! If we didn't pay, they could have evicted us the very next day! Midnight came and they got their full $100 that we were getting back but they royally ticked us off! Hope it was worth it!

Then I fell in THEIR parking garage because of water. Being in the medical industry, I didn't think I had any serious injuries but decided not to move until security came and a report was filed. Took them 15 minutes and 2 phone calls before they arrived. In the meantime, I am laying flat on my back in the parking garage! I will give them credit that when they did show up, they were very nice and insisted an ambulance was called just in case something was wrong; thank goodness nothing was.

On the second day when my husband went to speak to the manager about our bad experience at check in and my fall, the manager was very condescending and acted like he could care less that we were not happy or that I could have been seriously hurt. We weren't expecting them to comp anything for us, just act like they cared and were genuinely sorry. Instead, we were treated like it really didn't matter that our experience was not a good one and that we should just stop complaining.

Over the next few days, the elevators were extremely slow, both ladders to the indoor pool were broken (my husband pointed this out to someone but they didn't seem to care until the state inspector found it), the beds were hard and just plain horrible, and we saw several huge cockroaches around the pool area. If they had been anywhere near sleeping quarters we would have left and demanded our money back. It did worry me that there was a snack bar around the pool so I really didn't want to eat their food.

Finally, when we went to check out, they wanted an ID in order to get my security deposit back. I was turning the keys in and never had to produce an ID before when I checked out. Plus, my ID was in my car. Then we had to wait for them to check the room. Some of this I understood but the attitude from the service people was just horrible.

I was so disappointed, I know we will not stay there again. I can't tell anyone what to do and in the past I had a positive experience at the Landmark. However, if anyone ask me where to stay or not to stay in Myrtle Beach, you better believe that I will STRONGLY DISCOURAGE anyone I remotely care about from staying there!

Room Tip: interior rooms give you a nice view of the central air conditioning units
2 Thank Elizabeth H
Newport, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is not our first trip to the Landmark Resort, and it will not be the last.
This place has it all! The beach, pools, lazy river, hottubs, putt-putt.
The only time we left was for meals.
It was a great stay!

Room Tip: Ocean View is cheaper, but you still see the ocean.
2 Thank Jimmy D