“Nice stay at Landmark resort”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #64 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed the week of June 24th for 6 nights. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had the king executive suite which had a kitchen. The kitchen is a little dated but otherwise the room was great. The overall value was great. Many pools to choose from, free minature golf and a sprinkler park for the kids was great. I would reccommend. I have been down to Myrtle Beach many times with my 2 kids and this was our first time at Landmark. We enjoyed it and would return.

2  Thank Rob S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,475)

Reviewed 1 July 2012

The wifi service was terrible which is almost unheard of these days. The landmark is a dinosaur. My kids were barely able to stay connected more than ten minutes at a time. Probably won't be back.

3  Thank mizkno
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We do offer free wireless internet throughout the hotel. The strength of the service depends on the amount of people trying to access the internet. Unfortunately, when the hotel is full, it can make it more difficult to log on. For the convenience of our guests, we also have a business center located on the lobby level where you can access the internet. I apologize for any inconvenience you and your family encountered and hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future.

Melissa Busch
Guest Services

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Great location. We had our vietnam veterans reunion there and all 40 members loved it. Have not been able to get back since because of health issues, but we are definitely coming back

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Really nice hotel yet very pricey, was unable to get a basic room because I have 4 children so was only able to to afford to stay one night altho we would have loved to stay longer. Not enough pool monitors a child was injured during our stay altho I firmly beleive it is the parents resposibillity to monitor their own children and ensure they are following rules and regulations. Also would have liked to have had conditioner in the room, my hair was so dry after swimming in the chlorinated pools. But all in all really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return and recommend you to others.

1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We just returned from our stay at the Landmark on June 28, 2012. Prior to booking our stay, I researched and read multiple reviews from multiple hotel listings. I decided to take a chance on The Landmark and I was very pleased. Throughout our stay, all of the staff were extremely helpful, courteous, and friendly. We had a couple maintenance issues in our room which were addressed by staff within 10 to 20 minutes. The room was very clean. There were ample elevators so we did not wait long. The room was clean and had everything we needed, including an oceanfront view. The rooms were quiet at night so getting to sleep was easy. There were multiple swimming pools, lazy rivers, and hot tubs so crowding was not a problem. This is a family resort so there are children. The Hurricane DJ pool party was fun. Beach access was good. The only negatives I could find were the parking garage was very narrow, but at least it was convenient and parking was included in the price of the hotel. The other problem was the wireless internet which had some difficultly maintaining a connection. We did not eat at the restaurant, but there are three food places within the hotel in addition to a laundry room and putt putt golf. I thought the location for the hotel was great since it was on the beach as well as very close to a variety of "things to do" such as golfing, shopping, restaurants, amusement parks, etc. Overall, I would rate this hotel as "excellent" and would stay at The Landmark on my next trip to the beach!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and it was very nice.
3  Thank CHB17
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We have stayed at the landmark resort 5 times for over 10 years now. Ive stayed in old and newer hotels around MB and the landmark wasn't one of my favorites. All in all the property and rooms are ok. The worst is the very slow elevators to get to your room. But the last time, we had to cancel due to a family illness (which was cancelled before the 7 day prior policy) and was told that our deposit from last year would be reimbursed as long as we made reservations up to a year of that date. I called this year and made a new reservation and mentioned the deposit and the confirmation number (which was all I was told that was needed to get the reimbersement). After 5 calls and getting placed on hold even by a supervisor once (and the CSR having my phone number) after 10 mins would then get disconnected and immediately I would call back. None the less the deposit was completely gone out of their system and they had no apologies about the situation-- I will NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank aarodg
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We won't stay any where but Landmark Resort! Friendly staff. Awesome food! Great rooms.The pool parties by Hurricane DJ are so much fun! Awesome DJ!!! Great parking.

1  Thank beachbaby66