“Great view with excellent service”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #67 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Have been going to Myrtle Beach every couple of years since 1984...so I am familiar with all the changes/improvements over the years. This is the 1st time we stayed at the Landmark, but it will not be the last. Needed 2 rooms together & we had requested that when we made reservation...no promises. The 1st night they couldn't do that, but had the room we needed available the next day. Front desk was very efficient & accommodating. We had oceanview rooms & it was wonderful! The rooms were clean, beds were comfy & extra towels were brought up promptly. The staff in all areas were very polite & customer oriented. Ate at Latitudes in the hotel & dinner was very good as were the prices. we had a pre paid breakfast buffet & that was a great deal....lots to choose from & again, excellent service. Also, the bar & grill at the main outdoor pool was great. The only problem we did have, was a couple extra trips to the front desk, as our room key cards would malfunction & had to be reset. I noticed that they were in the process of replacing the card swipers on the room doors, so looks like this problem is being addressed.
An oceanview room is a little pricey during the high season, but this was a special occasion, so we splurged. I enjoyed our stay, and would go back to the Landmark again. It is an easy drive to everywhere & very close to the airport.

1  Thank Janet D
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to put in detail such kind words of your recent stay with us. We value all of our guest and it always puts a smile on my face to know we have pleased yet another. We appreciate you choosing Landmark Resort for your special occasion and are glad we could be a part of it. I will pass this on to all of our staff, they are indeed, hard workers. Thank you again and we hope we can be part of your next stay to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed there from August 3rd through August 9th. Upon arriving there were no luggage carts anywhere to be found. We had to search every floor looking for one and finally found one on the 10th floor. When finally getting into the room is was no cleaned well at all. A broken hair clip in bathroom floor, dried macaroni noodle stuck to the carpet, cereal pieces under kitchen table, food splattered on the wall on the little bar area and hair also everywhere in bathroom. So called desk could never get anyone to answer and were told at check in they only had a couple rooms left so I know there was no hope in moving to another room. So we cleaned it ourselves. We had a blanket and pillow brought to us about 10pm and it took 50 mins to receive. So as the night went on our air conditioner started sounding like a jet engine taking off tried to call down stairs and go nobody which it was after midnight. So the next morning after calling down a couple of times we got someone and they were going to put a call into maintance. So they came up a little while later and was going to have to get a part for it etc but they said they would have it fixed. Well needless to say that morning at 3am the thing sound like it was going to blow up. It was making a horrible loud squalling noise, clicking like something awful to where it woke us all up and so we turned the air off and ran the fan only. That morning we called the office and explained all that was going on to a manager and he said he would see if they couldn't just put a new one in that he knew they had some units and would get in contact with maintance. So maintance comes up the guy says well its cooling we said we know that but its making all kinds of noise give it a minute cause we had it off. So he does and hears all the awful loud noise and says well I will have to ask the other maintance guy if we can do anything because it is cooling so we probably can't do anything about it and I said well we are on vacation and this thing has kept us up the last two nights so we would like something done. He said he would see and would get back with us but it again its cooling so he wasn't sure so we let him know we were going to dinner so do what he needed of we weren't here. So we come back late had went to dinner and taken the kids out to do somethings we come back and nothing had been done that we could see looked like tye same ac unit in there but just on fan. So again about 2am here it goes all this loud popping noises, squalling etc and no one to help us so back to the fan we go called downstairs the night audit could hear it over the phone. So we called down again the next morning myself very ill letting them know and maintance came up a while later and finally got smart and changed it out. That maintance guy was very nice saying the unit was shot and should of been removed. So we were happy with the unit no loud noise and the room was no longer feeling damp. Well that night well rather 130am we got woke up by loud people in the hallway slamming doors etc we let that pass and finally they stopped and we were back off to sleep. Well at 345am there was a loud pounding on our door. They pounding three different times and they looked messed up so and the girl was yelling and so we called front desk and they were going to call security to come up but by the time they got up there they were gone finally.... so with all this being said we had really no sleep while we were there. So the night before we were leaving we had ask the front desk were we could get a luggage cart cause we wanted to start loading some stuff up in the car. The gentleman told us well I'm not really sure and ask the lady that was working with him she was sure either said they only have like three and if they weren't out front we would have to search the floors and look for them. We walked all the floors and found one after looking for almost 45mins on the top floor in the corner. While searching all the floors there we empty beer cans near several of the vending machines on some of the floors. Trash out in the hallways and smell of something awful which I know some of that is not the hotels fault but it does need cleaned up. The pools had hair, bird feathers, trash, food, bugs and white foaming stuff it the corners. We weren't the only people complaining there were several and ports complaining about no luggage carts too. I can honestly say this is the WORST experience I have ever had at any place I have stayed. There was never an apology for all we went through while we were there.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank hogle1984

As a valued customer, thank your for sharing in detail your comments about your recent stay. I would like to be the first to apologize and am very disappointed it has taken this long. I can not express my sincere regrets for the trouble and inconvenience you went through. It is not our resort policy, by any means, to have troubles continue. This being a busy summer I am sure there were no other available rooms to move you to or our front desk staff would have immediately done so. As for the trouble with the air conditioner maintenance has been made aware and is looking into this. If I can be of any further assistance to you on this or any other matter please call me at 843-448-9441.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Booked room through Priceline for Honeymoon and they gave us a room with two single beds looking out to a brick wall.
Resort claims all rooms are sold out even when we booked the room in May. They also said they would not give a refund if we could book a room elsewhere.
Priceline claims they provide a room to occupy amount of guest and bed size is not a choice.

Learned our lesson Do Not Trust Priceline!

Oh...And the Landmark did say they could give a king bed room tomorrow for a $200 a day increase.

Room Tip: Do Not book through Priceline if you do not like sleeping in single beds and looking out the window...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steven H
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Your review on TripAdvisor is appreciated. First, congratulations on your marriage! It is our goal to give every guest the best stay ever and I am disappointed to hear yours was less than that. We do use several third party booking companies for a convenience to the public. Unfortunately, when booking with one of these, your room type and payments are made through them before arriving and out of our control. We do offer, as you stated, to upgrade you to what we have available for the difference in pricing. This does come at an extra cost because your room had already been paid for in a different type room. I hope this does not deter you from choosing our resort again, I would be more than happy to book your stay myself and make sure you are in exactly what you want. I can be reached at 843-448-9441.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

the rooms were nice and clean .the bathroom was also clean andthe kitchen.but the hot tubs water needed to be cleaned.the pools were nice and kid friendly.i think it is a very nice hotel,this was my third time staying there.

Room Tip: rooms with kitchens are good if u trip with kids.
1  Thank travels233

Thank you for sharing your visit with TripAdvisor. A big thank you for being a 3rd time guest with us, we are ecstatic to be able to fit your needs. The kind words you have shared will be passed on to all of the staff, knowing we are doing a good job is the best reward we can have. I hope you were able to fit in at least most of the activities we have to offer, if not, you can always try to fit them in the next time. If there is anything I can help you with on your next visit with us, my extension is 5708, feel free to call.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Well the trip started out slow, I booked my vacation 2 months ahead of time, and asked for a room on a higher floor, but I still had a priblem when I arrived, we were able to get that fixed. Seemed like there were only 6 luggage carts on site. The pools were clean and felt great, the staff was friendly too. My only two complaints were with Housekeeping and the AC unit in the back half of the room. I called and asked for a blanket, and the lady that answered had a bit of an attitude because it was taking more than 10 mins then Housekeeping took my blanket when they cleaned the room and didnt return it, when I called they said it would be taken care of, but it wasn't so i had to sleep with just sheets. That brings me to the AC unit, it wouldn't cut off it just kept blowing cold air like it was on fan mode or something. One night we had to cut the heat on just to knock the chill off the room. Overall the price was great for the period of time I stayed, the kicthen had a new marble countertop and was very clean when we arrived. The hotel had plenty of activities for the kids to do. I don't think we will be staying there for vaction 2015 after being there for 2 years in a row. oh yeah I was in room 1037

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to write your review. We are pleased you came back for a second stay and enjoyed all the wonderful activities our resort has to offer. The remodeled rooms have had great response and we are glad you were able to experience it. As for the air conditioner and blankets, I do apologize. I will pass this along to housekeeping and maintenance so they can look further into these issues. From all of us at Landmark Resort, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When i first arrived after a 14 hr drive they had my rooms screwed up I sat there over an hr before they finally got it straighten out they said I would get the room next day After we put our stuff in the room and started to put stuff away they called and said they had the other room somebody cancelled so we moved out of that room which i was glad that room smelled so bad like it hadn't been cleaned at all. so we moved to the room and got settled in the other room Then the said they would get the other room for my son and his wife and child, moved to there room next day, which was fine, after they arrived the next day they got settled in, which was Sunday. i got a call that to come to front desk, went down they said our rooms had to be paid for which i payed for these rooms when I arrived. I had to go back up stairs get the paperwork to prove that every thing was paid for then during our stay we had to call numerous times to get our rooms cleaned, and to get towels and sheets.when they halved cleaned they rooms they never changed our bedding.then on Thursday I get another call the other room had to check out I rented these rooms from Friday to Friday after I we straighten that out I told them this has been an unpleasant visit all week there was issues be cause they dont whats going on have they time. In the future I wont come back there, there are other places to stay down there.

Room Tip: clean the rooms better
2  Thank John H

Thank you for sharing your review with TripAdvisor. I would personally like to apologize for any troubles and inconveniences during your stay. I understand what a long trip you had and this is not what you wanted when finally getting off the road. Our front desk staff does their best to make sure rooms are ready and available for check in but sometimes the issues are well out of their hands as we do have to wait for our housekeeping to release our units. The entire staff works hand in hand to give our guest the best experience possible and unfortunately you were the exception to the rule on this day, no excuses. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again as this is not the protocol for Landmark Resort. If I can be of any assistance to you to ensure a wonderful stay on a future visit, please call me at 843-448-9441.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The overall experience was just okay. We had never been to Myrtle Beach and I can assure you we will never go back. Overall, the area is very dirty, including the hotels. Sand is dirty and full of cigarette butts and trash.
As for the hotel, it is seriously only average. The room had a smell of mold to it. I will say the staff and our cleaning lady, Christina, done an excellent job of keeping our room clean and for that I offer up a shout out to her.

1  Thank dswann7
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for the input on your stay with TripAdvisor. I am pleased you chose Landmark Resort as your destination for your first visit to Myrtle Beach. As our busiest time of year in Myrtle Beach, it is definitely a crowded area, I am sorry you did not enjoy the experience . As for your stay with us I will absolutely pass on to Christina your kind words. Our housekeepers do an awesome job and often go unnoticed. I hope if you return to the area again you will choose us for your stay.