“Its becoming a little dated!”
Review of Meridian Plaza

Meridian Plaza
Ranked #115 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have stayed at the Meridian Plaza a few times over the years and the first time we came we had the BEST time. Over the years the place has become dated. The condos themselves are getting a little worn down with ceiling tiles looking like they might fall! This is a non smoking hotel and parking is across the street. The elevators are pretty slow and when you check out expect to stop on every floor! They have an outdoor area that I really enjoy tanning in over soft grass and an outdoor pool area. The pool is pretty small and goes to like 5 ft I think. Not many chairs so come early! They also have an outdoor hot tub as well as an indoor pool and hot tub. They will NOT let you check in before 3 PM. They will tell you that your room is being worked on when its literally ready for you to check into. They say they will call when its ready but they dont. So make sure to check back right at 3 PM. So that was a kind of a pain as I had to change into my bathing suit in the car since there is no bathroom in the lobby area! Overall we MIGHT come back and stay here, but honestly there are SOOOO many options here at Myrtle Beach. I think we keep coming back for the pretty landscape area and for the memories that we have made here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KCW24

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Front Desk was exceptional and nice! Room was great! Walk in special was just a little more than the previous hotel we left which was filthy and disgusting (Court Capri). We had a corner condo on 15th floor which was decorated with TLC. It was so clean I felt like I was at my own home. I didn't want to leave. It was way above my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I spent a Saturday night there and I was pleased all the way across the board. The staff was very pleasant. The parking was right across the street in a nice parking garage. Our condo was very nice and we had an impeccable view of the ocean. the only thing that could be taken care of during the slow months(off season) it to repaint the balcony rails. Overall, i give my experience a perfect 100. I will definitely return c ouple of more times this summer.

Room Tip: oceanfront is the way to go
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank racefan4life
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was nice and friendly. We stayed in a condo which was the last room that they had left due to a busy weekend at the beach. The room was expensive (especially during this time of year), but well worth the money!!! The view of the beach from our balcony was breathtaking. We slept with the balcony door open all night to enjoy the sound of the water. The bed was very soft, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The kitchen space was small, but still room to cook. The paint on the balcony rails needed to be repainted due to chipped paint. When I go back to the beach, I will stay here from now on.

Room Tip: Before selecting a hotel room, ask to see the room first if possible. However, if you book on-line...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sweetness01
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The people at the front desk does not want to help you or give you anything,now I know it's a condo but they should be able to help at least a little.I asked for an extra blanket because they did not give us one for the pull out sofa and he told me there was none I told him I had just talked to someone who told me I could come down and get one and then he goes checks again and wow all of a sudden he found one it was dirty,stinky and had someone elses hair all over it needless to say I did not use it.The elavators are very slow and dirty.My room had a great view but thats all there was good because the carpets were nasty and the walls in the beroom were dirty and had what was soon going to be a hole in them because if you touch the wall it pushed in and had a crack in it and stains all over that looked like blood.we were in room 1404.The maid service is awful and we will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 1404
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank iluvzeus
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Good room but wi fi not working and not spot for grown ups. College kids great jersey shore take 2. Room very nice and clean. If only 20 years younger. Pool very nice and location is great just north of commotion

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank LL1217
Reviewed 25 May 2013

enjoyed a 3 night stay on the 5th floor of the meridian plaza. walked to Banditos, a nearby restaurant a few blocks down. walked to the boardwalk, although it was a longer walk than we expected. i would advise to drive there. we had an ocean front room with balcony. the entire property was clean. the pools n hot tubs were clean. the indoor pool is only 3ft or 3.5ft so we enjoyed the outdoor pool that goes to like 5.5ft. gorgeous views of the beach n ocean. the balconies are right next to each other, there is no privacy there, we like how the plaza was secure and u had to use ur room key card to access the building at night, we were there at the end of bike week so it was kinda noisy at night hearing the bikes on the road all night, each unit is individually owned, so each are decorated different. ours had tile floors and a nautical, beach theme. we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple