“They fixed it for us!!”

Ranked #118 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greeneville, Tennessee
“They fixed it for us!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 12:00 on a sunday afternoon. Room wasn't ready. They called us at 1:00 the room was ready!! There was a problem with the room so they moved us into Room# 904. It was absolutely beautiful!! They kept apologizing for problem in other room and the man over Housekeeping was wonderful!! Will def stay again!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank missynee69
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
We are glad that you were satisfied with your room. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to serve you again in the future. Feel free to call us directly next time and request your preferred room. Thank You,

-Meridian Plaza GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Room 1206-Gorgeous view on the beach. Close driving distance to broadway & North myrtle. Several blocks, but nice walk to the boardwalk.

Pros: great price- 4 nights $415. Spacious. Huge bed, comfortable. Good size, kitchen. Jacuzzi tub(1person). Friendly staff. Inside/outside pool & hot tub. Maid service.
Cons: 1 elevator, Slow & No air. Fan wobbles. No iron/board. Horrible water pressure. Must slam door.

Check in is at 3. We came back at 2:30& room was done. We could change in the restrooms in pool area while we waited.

• Stayed August 2013
Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We booked last minute for an early anniversary trip. About an hour after booking online we got a call saying that we would have to be moved on our 3rd day. Ok fine no big deal. Check in was very easy. Parking is across the street and if you drive a truck or suv with 20" tires it might be hard to park on the upper levels. We were lucky enough to get parking on the main level every night. There is one elevator for oceanfront rooms and another elevator for ocean sideview rooms.

Hotel is right on the beach and the views are awesome. When we walked into 1203, we were very pleased with the room! It was decorated nicely and very clean. The bed was pretty decent in this room and maid service gave fresh towels everyday. There was a nice size tv in the bedroom area. The layout of the rooms are a little odd and think I would have rather had the living room and bedroom switched. This room is tiled throughout. This is the room to request!!

The only complaint I have was that there is no smoking on balconies or in the rooms, smokers are to go outside the hotel to the designated smoking area. Apparently some guests do not think this rule applies to them. I was sitting out on the balcony and the people in the next room were also out on the balcony smoking. Then one morning I woke up to the smell of smoke, not sure if they were outside their room or what but it was not pleasant.

We were switched to room 1503 on our third day, which was a pain. We had everything all ready to be moved but the new room was not ready yet. We went to breakfast and then to the beach and it was almost noon before they called saying room 1503 was ready to be checked into. When we got into the room, we were a little disappointed as it was not as nice as 1203. There was carpet in the bedroom and living room areas. The tv in the bedroom was small. Overall it was a decent room but was expecting the same as 1203. The bed in this room was very uncomfortable. It served the purpose for one night. It had rained hard the night before and there was a puddle in front of the door of the next room. If I had been moved to that room, I would have complained as it was not cleaned up at all while we were there.

Overall, the hotel is pretty nice. We did not go into the pools at all but walked by them, they looked nice. It's a little far from the Boardwalk to walk but the views are awesome!

There are no irons in these rooms so bring your own!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kmh97
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Trying to find a hotel was difficult esp when you base it on other peoples reviews..I decided to book the Meridian Plaza...and let me just say it was the best choice I ever made..very very clean..great location...friendly staff..its. like home away from home!!!! So take my advice never base your choice on reviews...I am soo happy I even booked an extra night!!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank jamie0522
ELBRIDGE
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at the Meridian Plaza for a week in June 2013. The condo we stayed in was owned by a couple. I found it on VRBO. We loved it. The location was perfect. Right on the beach. The pool was clean and the jacuzzi was great for a night to just sit back and relax.
I would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KYMARIE10
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have stayed at the Meridian Plaza a few times over the years and the first time we came we had the BEST time. Over the years the place has become dated. The condos themselves are getting a little worn down with ceiling tiles looking like they might fall! This is a non smoking hotel and parking is across the street. The elevators are pretty slow and when you check out expect to stop on every floor! They have an outdoor area that I really enjoy tanning in over soft grass and an outdoor pool area. The pool is pretty small and goes to like 5 ft I think. Not many chairs so come early! They also have an outdoor hot tub as well as an indoor pool and hot tub. They will NOT let you check in before 3 PM. They will tell you that your room is being worked on when its literally ready for you to check into. They say they will call when its ready but they dont. So make sure to check back right at 3 PM. So that was a kind of a pain as I had to change into my bathing suit in the car since there is no bathroom in the lobby area! Overall we MIGHT come back and stay here, but honestly there are SOOOO many options here at Myrtle Beach. I think we keep coming back for the pretty landscape area and for the memories that we have made here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KCW24
Sanford, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Front Desk was exceptional and nice! Room was great! Walk in special was just a little more than the previous hotel we left which was filthy and disgusting (Court Capri). We had a corner condo on 15th floor which was decorated with TLC. It was so clean I felt like I was at my own home. I didn't want to leave. It was way above my expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends