“Very pleased with accommodations!!”
Review of Meridian Plaza

Meridian Plaza
Ranked #113 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were extremely pleased with our stay and accommodations. The room was very clean and nicely furnished…...living room furniture very comfortable, kitchen had very nice appliances. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the location of the hotel and the convenience of restaurants, places to shop, etc. Parking garage is right across the street and very easy to access. I felt that the hotel rates were very good (which is what attracted us to the hotel initially). We will definitely return for another stay!!

Room Tip: We had an oceanfront room; but the ocean view rooms seem to have a good view of the ocean as well.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beverly G
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Beverly,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. Our staff works very hard to ensure all guests have great stay. We look forward to having you back down soon to enjoy the Meridian Plaza and all that Myrtle Beach has to offer!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Myself and my sisters stayed in this hotel, first let me say, will not go back, the floors were dirty in the bathroom, the bathroom ceiling has paint coming off, it also had mold on the ceiling and on the floors! We got the manger up there they looked and seen everything. They were very nice people, they even offered to move us, but we were leaving the next day. I am a very bad diabetic, I was already getting sick from the mold, and 1 other sister was getting sick!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Connie K
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I am very sorry your experience was not to your liking. I know myself and our chief engineer spoke with you ladies in your room about your concerns. I remember we offered to relocate you and asked what we could do to make your stay more enjoyable and you declined and stated you just wanted to bring these issues to our attention. I can say after your departure our maintenance and housekeeping staff thoroughly serviced the unit and found no mold present. This is certainly not the standard we set here at Meridian Plaza and I do wish you would have allowed us to rectify your concerns while you were here on property. Best Wishes!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Absolutely no privacy on the balcony, however, the views were great. We would not stay here again because of the noise level. You could hear every noise that was made in the hallway. The condo itself was clean and updated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your review. Due to the architecture of our building our Ocean Front balconies do project outward toward the ocean which gives an excellent view, but does not offer the privacy some guests prefer. In comparison our Ocean View balconies still offer great ocean views, but provide a more private setting. I do hope on your next trip you will give us consideration as I feel the Ocean View unit may better suit your needs.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We got a really great deal on a weeks stay at the Meridian Plaza. I would really rate the hotel and the stay as "okay", especially for the steal of a deal we got, but I'm not sure if I'll return. There where a lot of pros and cons to our stay. Pros: 1. Location! It's very conveniently located to everything you want to see while you're there. The hotel is also right on the beach, and the views from the balcony are great. 2. Room size and kitchen. There was plenty of space for a family of four - and the kitchen in room made it easy to save a little cash on eating out. 3. Maid Staff. Were very friendly and did a nice job. 4. Indoor/Outdoor Pool and Jacuzzi! These were great to have (especially the indoor as it was a little chilly the last few days of our trip). However, with the indoor poor - when the door to the outside patio was closed, the room smelled so heavily of chlorine we ended up with headaches.

Cons: 1. Beds!!! This is probably our biggest complaint. Not sure about other units within this building, but our beds were horribly uncomfortable. My honey and I resorted to sleeping on the pull out couch in the living room with an extra mattress on top of it. 2. Evelvators!! There are only 2 elevators for this building, which were temporarily out of service on 3 separate occasions during our stay. Was definitely a nuisance being on a higher level floor and trying to cart groceries to the room.

Overall, this isn't a bad hotel. It was an "okay" stay for a family trip on a budget, but I imagine the next time we visit Myrtle Beach I'll spend a little bit more for more updated/comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jawanna M

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I have passed the feedback regarding our indoor pool to our engineering department. All of our units are individually owned condos and we take our guest's feedback very seriously. Regarding the bedding for the unit in which you stayed we have passed your comments along to the owner and recommended an upgrade for the mattress. I do hope your next trip to Myrtle Beach you will consider Meridian Plaza and our wonderful central location.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

An older hotel but nice for the price. Had a nice view of the ocean. Was convenient to most everything. Liked having a kitchen and large sitting area. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was across the street but was free and easy access.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean front rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wheelthrower

Thanks for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed at the Meridian for the second time; oceanfront condo was nicely decorated with an unobstructed view of the ocean. Cleaning staff was very timely and efficient; front desk staff were very personable. Weather was great all week. Great value for less than $100 per night.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is truly what you get.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg O

Thank you for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay here at Meridian Plaza and yes, we are truly Ocean Front! We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the Meridian Plaza during the week before Easter 2014. The front desk staff was very patient and helpful when they learned that a mistake was made with our room. They were evetually able to get us in the room type we had origninally booked after a couple of days and also gave us a refund for their mistake and our troubles. Both rooms we stayed in (1008 and 303) were beautiful and clean. We were very satisfied and will defintely try to stay there again if our future travel plans bring us to Myrtle beach. The only "cons" I would mention is that the balcony's on the ocean front rooms are very close to one another, so close you could get from adjacent balcony's very easily. There wasn't a lock on our balcony sliding door so that could be a safety concern. There is no exercise room.

Room Tip: Cannot see the sun rise from the Ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christopher F
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I am so happy you enjoyed your visit to Meridian Plaza. We were very busy for Easter and Spring Break and I am glad we were able to accommodate your room preferences. You are correct in that our Ocean View Rooms are located on the South side of the building so they do not have a direct view of the Sunrise, but I know you will agree they do offer wonderful ocean views along with a view of the sunset in the evenings. We look forward to seeing you again soon here at Meridian Plaza!