“Great location, awesome view and clean beach!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meridian Plaza

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Meridian Plaza
Ranked #123 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina
“Great location, awesome view and clean beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Meridian Plaza for my birthday in June and we really enjoyed our stay. We booked an ocean front efficiency just because it was only $10 more expensive than ocean view and we were extremely happy with our choice. The room was very roomy and clean. The view from the 9th floor was breath-taking!
The only concern that we had was that we had a coffee machine in our room but coffee packs were not provided. That is the first time we are staying in a hotel where there is a coffee machine without complementary coffee packs. I wish we knew about it before we arrived so we could bring some coffee with us. It wasn't a bid problem for us but still, it would be nicer if coffee was provided in each room.
Our overall experience was great and we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so happy you were able to celebrate your birthday with us! As you know all units are individually owned condos. While we do not provide coffee in the rooms, we do offer complimentary Gourmet Javarama Coffee and Tea in our lobby each morning. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter wanted nothing more than to celebrate her 8th birthday at the beach so when tax money came in my husband and I decided to book our room for her birthday. My in laws decided to join us as well. Booking early for June is definitely the way to go. We saved around $100 per night by booking early. We had adjoining rooms with my in laws and both rooms were very nice. This was my second time staying at the Meridian Plaza and we plan to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Heather H
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I am so happy you had a great stay with us while celebrating your daughter's birthday and able to take advantage of our early booking Spring Fling specials and savings. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice. I have no issue with the hotel. Clean and nice rooms. I have issue with the staff. After I got home I had an extra charge on my bank account for $200. I called the hotel to see why. They said the head housekeeper had accused us of smoking in our room. I was told she reported that the room smelled strongly of smoke when they checked it. This is ridiculous because we never smoked in our room or even on the hotel grounds for that matter. I explained this to the person I talked to who kept saying over and over "the housekeeper said you did". I don't care what the housekeeper said. She is bold face lying. I'm still waiting on the manager to return my call and I'm still waiting on my money they dishonestly took from me. I am frustrated and angry over being accused of something I didn't do, and over them taking my money on top of it. We followed the rules and were punished for it. I wonder if they charged the bunch of kids I saw smoking a hooka on their balcony.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Catherine P
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Meridian Plaza and am sorry you feel you were mistreated at departure. Meridian Plaza is a smoke free property and we enforce the policy for the comfort of our guests and owners. All guests are informed of the policy on our website, at the time of booking, at check-in and through various postings throughout the property. Registered guests also sign an acknowledgement of this policy. I welcome you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your case further.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Saint George, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed and loved it! Room was beautiful! View was beautiful! No complaints. The only thing that didn't work was the fire place but it was October and not cold enough to use. I only know it wouldn't work because I decided to mess with it. Planning to stay their again this anniversary trip. :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole J
I am glad we are able to be your romantic getaway for anniversary celebrations. I'm sure had the fireplace been brought to our attention during your stay our engineering department would have addressed the problem immediately. We look forward to having you again this October.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've seen some negative reviews and they come from people whose expectations are ridiculous. Listen, this aint the Ritz Carlton. Some people sound like they expected to be pampered. Myrtle Beach isn't where rich folks vacation, but this isn't some hole-in-the-wall joint, it's a decent place to rest your head.

This place cost me and my wife $800 for a week. That's a great price. And what did I get for that? A clean room. A cozy room. A great view of the ocean. ( Room 1104.) It was small but it was comfortable for two people. We didn't stay in our room all the time, so it was a nice little place to call home for a week. Yes the balcony was small, but it's a nice spot to sit and have a morning coffee or an evening drink while checking out the ocean. Yes, you can hear noise from your neighbors. Not too many hotels are soundproof, so that comes with the territory. They have two pools and two Jacuzzi's, indoors and out. There's no lazy river, none of the other frills, but that's OK. If your idea of a vacation is to hang around your hotel all day you're kind of messed up.

One night it rained, so the wife and I stayed in. We watched some TV in comfort on the nice little couch they had. They even had a TV in the bedroom. Sure, if you look hard enough you can notice some small maintenance issues. A little chipped paint here, a small hole in the bathroom door there, but nothing intolerable. If you're the type who looks for the negative, you'll find it, and I think that's what's up with some of the bad reviews.

It's a bit of a walk to the boardwalk, maybe 20 minutes or so, but that's just a tourist trap down there anyway, but if I was young and single that's where I'd probably be. There are some good places to eat and have a few drinks much closer. Bummz is a beach bar with live music. You can get good food at River City, LuLu's, Harry's Pancake House, Soho, Uncle John's, and quite a few others that are all within a 5 minute walk.

The bottom line is that if you're just looking for a relatively inexpensive, comfortable, clean, bug free place to crash at night, this is your spot, or at least my room was, and I talked to a few other guests who were pleased as well. If you're the uptight kind, who freaks out over the smallest imperfections you'll find at any place that has had thousands of people walk through it's doors, then maybe you should spend the money you wish you had at one of the higher end places, where I guarantee you will find the same things to gripe about as you would here.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the way to go. Room 1104 was a good one.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paul B
Thank you for your review of our property. Your honesty and detailed descriptions are appreciated. We strive to ensure all guests have a wonderful stay while here at Meridian Plaza and I assure you our staff stands ready to address any issues that may arise. I agree, we have many great restaurants within walking distance and I am glad you were able to enjoy a few. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.
King, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were extremely pleased with our stay and accommodations. The room was very clean and nicely furnished…...living room furniture very comfortable, kitchen had very nice appliances. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the location of the hotel and the convenience of restaurants, places to shop, etc. Parking garage is right across the street and very easy to access. I felt that the hotel rates were very good (which is what attracted us to the hotel initially). We will definitely return for another stay!!

Room Tip: We had an oceanfront room; but the ocean view rooms seem to have a good view of the ocean as well.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beverly G
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Beverly,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. Our staff works very hard to ensure all guests have great stay. We look forward to having you back down soon to enjoy the Meridian Plaza and all that Myrtle Beach has to offer!
Greenwood, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Myself and my sisters stayed in this hotel, first let me say, will not go back, the floors were dirty in the bathroom, the bathroom ceiling has paint coming off, it also had mold on the ceiling and on the floors! We got the manger up there they looked and seen everything. They were very nice people, they even offered to move us, but we were leaving the next day. I am a very bad diabetic, I was already getting sick from the mold, and 1 other sister was getting sick!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Connie K
MeridianPlazaGM, General Manager at Meridian Plaza, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I am very sorry your experience was not to your liking. I know myself and our chief engineer spoke with you ladies in your room about your concerns. I remember we offered to relocate you and asked what we could do to make your stay more enjoyable and you declined and stated you just wanted to bring these issues to our attention. I can say after your departure our maintenance and housekeeping staff thoroughly serviced the unit and found no mold present. This is certainly not the standard we set here at Meridian Plaza and I do wish you would have allowed us to rectify your concerns while you were here on property. Best Wishes!