“Great place,great Staff,great food at Cafe Du port! Great deals.”
Review of Ocean Reef Resort

Ocean Reef Resort
Ranked #19 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gallipolis, Ohio
“Great place,great Staff,great food at Cafe Du port! Great deals.”
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Great place to stay! Early bookings make some great bargains available. Staff is great, and willing to work with you if there are problems.Location is great, and gives easy access to most interesting places. The Cafe Du Port has a breakfast & lunch available. We tried the breakfast which beats any buffet you've ever been to, at a very reasonable price, & again, the staff is great, helpful, & friendly. One visit to this cafe and you've made friends with the staff.
We've been coming to Ocean reef for many years, and they've never ever failed to work with us in making our vacation enjoyable. Ocean Reef cares about you.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank blgpts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
Hickory, NC
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Ocean Reef is tops on my list for Myrtle Beach hotels. We love the ocean view condos overlooking the pool. My wife doesn't like heights so I requested 5th floor or lower and we were placed on the 4th. The pools, lazy river, hot tub are all wonderful. As I am an early riser I watched each morning the attention to detail of the maintenance crews cleaning the pools preparing for the day. While I did not use the breakfast buffet this trip, I have in the past and it has always exceeded expectations.
You can spend more money for the so called luxury hotels but you'll never find a better value for well above average accommodations than Ocean Reef. The location makes traveling to restaurants, shopping and theaters to the north or south very easy. I highly recommend this for familes and golf vacations.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
rogers, arkansas
Reviewed 22 May 2010

My daughter's and I stayed at Ocean Reef this past week and received nothing but the BEST service I have ever had anywhere by far! From check-in to check-out it was absolutely the most awesome vacation we have ever experienced. The people at the front desk were very friendly, couteous, and helpful, even giving us great recommendations for places to eat, etc. The hotel is very clean, the decor is very pleasing, & everything was in perfect working order. The room we had (5th floor) was amazing!! It was spotless and the maid come in everyday and did a spectacular job, even taking care of our dirty dishes. The location was perfect for us, only 8 mi. from the airport with an awesome breakfast buffet, very nice crystal clear heated pool, plus 4 hot tubs, lazy river and another water park type area for small children. The balconies are very large with plenty of room for 6 or so people with patio furniture also. I guess the only drawback would be you have to park across the street. There is one big open parking lot then a 3 deck parking garage but there was plenty of room and most places along the strand are that way so, to us it wasn't a problem. We rented a car which I would recommend to get out and see all there is to offer at Myrtle Beach from the new beautiful boadwalk to Broadway on the Beach with all the shopping, eating and tons for kids to do, it's an excitement of the senses that one HAS to experience while there. This is where the IMAX theatre and Ripley's Aquarium is also. That's a must do! Also, everything is very reasonalbly priced at Myrtle Beach. I was expecting things to be much more expensive. Ocean Reef has everything a person could want or need while there so, you wouldn't even have to leave the hotel if you wanted to just spend time on the beautiful clean beach, swim, drink, eat and relax. We will definitley stay there again when we return next year! Thank You, Ocean Reef for making our vacation one to be remembered for a lifetime!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Marion, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2010

Just got home today from our Ocean Reef stay for a week~ This place is incredible, our Condo, was perfect, staff was very friendly, the place is extremely clean, I was very impressed! I will be booking another stay with Ocean Reef for next spring. All I can say is I was very impressed, there was nothing about the place I didnt like!

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank firewife2104
Ashtabula, Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2010

This hotel was Beautiful and Very Nice. We had a great time.
Tommy the Bartender and all the employees were great.
The rooms were very nice and the Ocean Front View was even
better. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone going to Myrtle Beach, SC
Hope to see again Next year.
Also there Breakfast Buffet was very reasonably priced and D-E-L-C-I-O-U-S

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Great Hotel, awesome location, friendly and accommodating staff. As bikers we were worried about the location because of MB City laws. However, the hotel and staff are truly biker friendly and provided awesome parking and the hotel has great pool bar and super friendly staff!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Boothwyn, PA
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Great hotel with good location. Clean, on beach, family friendly.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple