“Recharge your battery at Ocean Reef Resort”
Review of Ocean Reef Resort

Ocean Reef Resort
Ranked #19 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Recharge your battery at Ocean Reef Resort”
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Arrived on Friday night, were checked in quickly. The room was exactly as advertised-we got one room-2 queen beds with a kitchenette. An amazing ocean view-we slept with the door open every night to enjoy the ocean sounds. The staff and cleaning staff were wonderful. The beach was clean, pleanty of room, and one of the only ones lit up at night. Pools were clean and had alot of choices for kids of all ages.
Only one complaint-we were told that the resort fees were one amount, but we paid another. It' wasn't a great difference but next time I'll be sure in advance.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Each time was great. The staff is excellent. Bolla-( not sure how her name is spelled) is usually the one who makes my reservation. She always takes the time to make sure that you get what you want. I usually come with senior citizens and she always make sure our needs are met..Stay at this hotel and you will never stay anywhere else at Myrtle Beach.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Wister, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We stayed at Ocean Reef while on vacation in Myrtle Beach. It was awesome. We have vacationed in New York, the Rockies, and other top locations. We can honestly say our stay at this resort was at the top. Our entire stay was great. I consider my husband and I very picky when it comes to traveling. The view from our room was beautiful. We slept with the door open on our balcony. The cool breeze and the sound of the ocean was so relaxing. I can't say enough about this resort, all the way from the staff to the comfort of the room. Ocean Reef Resort will definitely be one place we visit again and again. To the staff, thank you for a romantic and awesowe vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Punxsutawney, PA
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We have been going to Myrtle Beach for the past few years and I always check Trip Advisor before I decide where we will stay. The reviews sounded good for this hotel, so I booked it. We had five adults and four children and rented a 4 bedroom condo for a week. We were pleasantly surprised when we entered the condo. It was very spacious and the bedrooms were the biggest we had ever seen in a beach rental. The balcony was large and we had rented an oceanfront condo, which was perfect. We had sand tracked in from the beach but no broom in the room, so unable to sweep it up ourselves. The daily maid service could have been a little more thorough in their cleaning, but they cleaned the bathrooms well. We had a problem with not having hot water for showers. Mostly they were lukewarm. A member of our party had some drinks at the outside pool bar, and was disappointed in the service. Sometimes the bartender was talking to someone away from the bar and didn't come back until he was finished with his conversation. Sometimes his off-hand "What do you want?", wasn't very nice. I don't think he really wanted to be there, but needed the money. We had the buffet breakfast 3 mornings and it was delicious. I would recommend it to anyone. It was displayed well, and thoroughly enjoyable. All in all, we would recommend this hotel to anyone, at least the 4 bedroom condo, which is the only rental we saw, and we would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank lovetotravelanytime
Montreal
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We were at this property for nine days in July and really liked our stay. We had a one bedroom condo which was the farthest from the oceanfront ( all the rooms ending with 22 in the south tower are there). The pools are great although the chair hogs were at work saving up pool chairs for their familes. It was easy to get from our room to the beach since they have their own walkway. Sunday check-ins can be a bit difficult as everyone shows up around the same time.

You can book there with confidence.

pittsburgh
Reviewed 24 July 2010

M y son and I stayed in a 1 bedroom deluxe oceanfront room, which means we had a basic room with a small frig, microwave, and small oven/stove (not a separate bedroom). Nice flatscreen with a DVD player, which was very handy. The pools were great, the view was incredible, and beach access was easy.

As far as the room, bring your own pillows because theirs are awful. The bathtub had lots of mildew. The connecting doors to your neighbors literally connect you to your neighbor. There is only the single door between the rooms, with a space under the door, which my son informed me he could see in the next room from under the door! Because of that space and only the single door, I am right now able to listen to a movie my neighbors are watching and am grateful my son is asleep because the movie isn't child friendly. If cigarette smoke is an issue for you, you should know that although the hotel is non-smoking, smoking is allowed on the balcony, which then comes into your room via the air conditioner. It wasn't too bad, but worth mentioning.

There are no closets, only 2 small narrow cubbies, so you can put away 2 pieces of luggage, but there really isn't room for any of your beach stuff.

I'm not recommending this hotel because, even though it's great for kids and close to the beach, the rooms weren't acceptable to me. If the above mentioned issues aren't issues for you, then I'd say stay here. It all depends what you're looking for.

divakim72
Reviewed 23 July 2010

This was our second yearly trip to Ocean Reef. We booked a one bedroom condo for the week which had everything we needed, including a washer and dryer. Each person only needed 3 outfits for the week and we saved a ton of money by only eating dinner out plus an occasional trip to the pool grill and bar. That being said, the amenities are top notch- you can keep your eyes on your children while relaxing on a lounger or in a hot tub. The staff was very friendly and never too busy to answer a question or joke around- especially at the pool bar and grill. The beach and pool areas were very clean and inviting. I like that the hotel is on the more northern end of the beach- out of the "busy" section. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Myrtle Beach. We are now "regulars" every year.