Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #66 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Warwick, New York
“First TAN week”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I agree with Jrmreinhart, overall great stay for your buck. We are in the Five Seasons unit but don't mind. We don't have small kids and, after a long winter up north, we were looking to get out and walk. Ideally we would love to be right on the beach. It's been good exercise walking to and from the beach as well as up three flights of stairs lol. Makes for good sleeping at night. We would stay here again if we had to, possibly in the Renaissance Tower or one of the buildings closer to the beach and room with a view of the ocean, however we would like to try other places in the area. We like having a choice of pools and the Quarterback is not a bad place to grab a bite to eat and have a drink while looking out at the ocean. Could use some updating, but pleasantly surprised.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MJJakes
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Thank you for posting your review. We are not TAN, but like how you explained your perspective of Myrtle Beach Resort. If you ever can not get the room type you want through TAN, feel free to book directly through us. We have nearly 300 condos at the Myrtle Beach Resort and are happy to assist you in finding the right one for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was visiting Myrtle Beach for a friend’s wedding. My boyfriend and I stayed from Tuesday to Wednesday in mid-March. We stayed in the Renaissance Tower in room 802 I believe, it was definitely on the 8th floor and was to the left at the very far end of the hallway. It was and oceanfront room and had a nautical theme. (Apparently each room has a different theme. This worried me at first, but I loved the decor!) It was a studio room with a full kitchen (even a dishwasher and large refrigerator!) It was a perfect fit for the two of us, though it would be perfect for a family of four with two small children as well. There was a queen bed as well as built in bunk beds. We had a small balcony, with two plastic Adirondack chairs. It was a bit cramped with the chairs, but what a view! The room itself was very clean and well maintained, though the windows were a bit neglected. The building was a bit dingy, there were a few areas that could definitely use some repair but nothing major. It's a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the entrance of the building and the building itself is really long. the elevators on the side of the building farthest from the water and our room was closest to the water. This was fine for us, but if you are traveling with someone who may have a disability or cannot walk too far this could be an issue. Like I said we were visiting for a wedding, so we had most of our time filled up with wedding festivities and meeting up with friends and family, thus, we didn't use much of the resort amenities. There was a pool directly to the right of the building and a nice patio/walk way heading towards the beach. The resort also offers two indoor pools and another outdoor pool, as well as, a kiddie pool and lazy river. There was a restaurant on the resort where we tried to have dinner at one night, around 8ish, but they were having a karaoke night and weren’t serving food any more. The resort isn't walking distace to any other attractions. you would need a car to get around, we paid $25 for parking for the entire week. The boardwalk area is about a 10-15 minute drive, Broadway at the Beach is about a 15-20 minute drive, though there are attractions like mini golf and food close by. Overall, I enjoyed the resort and would definitely return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. We wish more of them were as well written to include details about which condo and your experience. We hope you come back soon and take the time to enjoy all the resort has to offer!
Ebensburg,Pa
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have stayed at the Resort many years now for Feb. & March. It continues to be very satisfactory. Is gated and property very well manicured. Some of the rooms do need some updating especially furniture altho location by the ocean is superb.Our favorite spot is the Quarterdeck Beachside located at the resort.It is fantastic that they are open in the winter months to accommodate the winter guests. We have Bobby Jones to thank and the new management starting last year Bernie Miles, Michael Miles and the entire staff which do a wonderful job making it a friendly atmosphere and always making you feel welcome. Its our "home away from home" where you feel so comfortable. Food is very good and nice menu with specials. Its amazing how smooth the system seems to work but its because of all the hard work they all put into it .Thank you all plus Chelsea,Jordan,Jeff, Bryant, Julie and Sheri and of course the cooks. And another note is they have the best entertainment you can find with Bobby Dean & Sharon who also work so hard.They certainly adapt their music to the crowd they have. Thank you all. We do appreciate all of you and cant wait to see you in Feb. 2015.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We will be happy to pass it along to all those you mentioned. Please come back soon!
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great place to stay plans on doing it again every year. The first of many vacation spots that I enjoyed in a long time the experience was once in a lifetime with para sailing and jet ski's enjoyable and the awesome banana boat.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We certainly appreciate your repeat patronage. See you again next year!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The place was landscaped perfectly. And they were still working on it. We stayed in rm.6118 The best one yet. New pots and pans, Plates. Very nice..Could use more comfy furn. and that darn swan was the first one to knock on my door every morn. Neat and friendly.
The place was very nice and I'd stay there over and over. Room 6118 right up front.

Room Tip: Book early and if with kids check where the pools are.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Donald K
Thank you for your positive and informative review! We hope to see you again soon!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had never been to MB until about 3 years ago. I didn't want to stay on the strip and decided to stay here. Best decision I ever made. With it being a gated community you feel safe. The condos I stay in that are located in the RT are privately owned and have that extra touch that makes you feel like you are at home (love the Martins rooms). Its very family friendly which is a plus. I will not stay anywhere else absolutely LOVE it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Crystal B
Thank you for the great review! You are correct, this is a great place to stay with 24hr security and lots of wonderful amenities. We hope to see you again soon!
Olympic National Park, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My family and I were supposed to spend a two night stay here. However, when we arrived and inspected the room we decided to leave. The room was so horrible I would not want my worst enemy to spend a night in room 504. The room looked as though the owner just want money and did not care if the place was decent. I was so upset. I called around to find another place to stay. Luckily I was able to find one. My husband and I tried to call Myrtle Beach Resort all that afternoon and the phone was not working correctly. The answering machine kept cutting off in the middle of their recorded message. The following day I when in and spoke with Heather [--] She was really nice so, nice to that I did not want to get an attitude with her. She informed me that she would have her boss speak to me. I call Joy [--] later that afternoon. She was really nasty. She infomed me that she could not refund my money and I was fine with that. She asked me what I wanted in return. Heather had informed me that they did have some really nice up to date rooms. I informed Joy that I would like a two night stay in one of their really nice rooms. After my request all Hell few into Joy [--]I did not feel like fussing so, I just so kindly hung up on her. Needless to say I spent 303.00 on a dingy room that I did not stay in and 246.00 on a 1 room condo at Myrtlewood Villa and it was fabulous!!!If you are looking for a really nice place that feels like home away from home. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!!!

Room Tip: Myrtlewood Villas is wonderful and they are cheaper than this dirty dingy place.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank Patricia H
We find it regretful that this guest did not like the specific condo she rented after she arrived. Because these are privately owned condos they are all decorated and maintained according to the individual owner's taste and budget. That does mean that you may not like the particular style of one condo but you may love another. For that reason, we do suggest that guests go online prior to booking to look at the photos of the individual units. If there is a specific one you like better than the others, you can request that unit and avoid ending up in a unit you are unhappy with. Once you have arrived and checked in, we are then unable to remove the revenue from the individual owner's account if you do not like that specific condo. We will however use the staff we have to do everything we can to make you comfortable within the unit you rented. We also suggest booking direct through us whenever you can because when you book through a third party website, you do not get the opportunity to select a specific condo.

Although we could not move this guest to an alternate unit during this stay, we offered her a gift certificate for a future stay in effort to share with her a better experience when planning through our office directly. We were unable to make this guest happy with the condo they booked through a third party website. However, with the right information we feel we can make our guests happy through our direct reservations department staff's friendly assistance.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels