Myrtle Beach Resort
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$227
US$181
US$105
US$236
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$202
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
US$496
US$462
All reviewslazy rivertennis courtsquarter duckhour securityocean frontbeach barindoor poolgreat vacationbike weekbeach accessoff seasonwater parkfull kitchenquarterdeckcondokaraokefireworks
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My weekend stay at your facility was not a pleasant one. When we arrived we noticed that the patio door handled was busted so I called security and they had the repair guy to come up to fix the problem. Well it was after 5, so therefore the owner will be playing that after hour fee (not sure why the repair guy thought we needed to know this) Anyway, he didn’t have the handle to put on the door and said he would come back Saturday morning around 9:30-10:00.

We left before he arrived, while at the front desk to finish up registration I mentioned that Johnna (I think that’s her name-very sweet lady) that the unit was dirty. There was a dirty towel in the closet and someone pair of socks and we found the dish towel under the sleeper sofa along with a crumbs. We pray and hoped that the sheets were clean. Johnna requested for housekeeping to come clean the unit while we were gone.

As we were packing up to check out on Sunday, I noticed my tablet was missing. I know for a fact that I put the internet tablet inside the closet with my clothes in a bag. Someone violated my privacy and STOLE my tablet from the unit. I just want it back!

I reported the tablet was stolen when we were leaving that person didn’t really seem to care because she didn’t understand how someone got it because it was a key unit. Exactly! A key unit, someone from your from staff entered and STOLE my tablet. I was told that a Joy person would be calling me. That lady called “SOMEONE” to see if they knew anything about my tablet being taken from the unit and that “SOMEONE” told her no. Of course no one knows NOTHING.

It took us 4 hours to drive home, NO CALL so I called the resort to see what was going on. Johnna answered the phone, I was so happy to hear a friendly voice on the other line. Johnna said that she would pass my concern to Mr. Paul Williams which is the person in charge and that he would be in his office on Monday (today).

I appreciate Johnna taking my concern seriously and I’m waiting patiently for Mr. Williams to call me. You have all my contact information.

Feeling violated and distort,

Stayed: June 2014
10  Thank Inneedofavac
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

We take this matter very seriously as we do screen all of our employees through background screening prior to hiring. This case has been thoroughly investigated both by our management staff as well as the MB Resort HOA security staff (third party and not employed by us). There were no findings by either party providing any evidence that supported that this event actually took place and if it did that it had anything to do with our staff.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked this resort because it looked wonderful online and it also allowed us to break up the payment amount. I also had another friend who stayed and loved it! We always heard that bike weeks were really enjoyable and love looking at antique cars. At the end of the trip I was definitely glad we booked her instead of a way cheaper, dirty hotel on the strip, sooo worth the money!

Room Tip: We stayed in the towers and enjoyed the beautiful scenery! The bar/eatery down stairs played great music and the food was awesome! We actually came down to enjoy black bike as we are black! However didn't have any issues but wouldn't dare bring my children during any bikes per there are groups, clichés, language etc that I'm sure the bikers used this weekend and also other races use once they began drinking, partying etc. I enjoyed myself and will surely return with my children but not in the month on May!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank candels
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! If you enjoyed the May Bike Week, you may want to try the Fall Rally as well. This year it is Sept 26 - Oct 5th and a beatuful time of year here at the Myrtle Beach Resort!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

First let me start by saying run don't walk from this place!! Its dirty and nasty. People were yelling all night and racing bikes up and down the parking lot at 2am. Trash everywhere the workers couldn't even keep up with it there are trash cans all over but no one uses them. The lazy river was discusting and no worker to be found kids jumping off the little bridge into the lazy river. People floating around with drinks and beers the guy fell off the tube and dropped his beer can in the water and left it there.people doing cannon balls and screaming in the middle of the night in the oceanfront pool that was closed.the quarterdeck has the same DJ every night I think he only owns one CD plays it over and over again.its like being in the projects. The rooms are so outdated and nasty we went and bought a bloiw up mattress to sleep on. If you work hard for your money stay clear of this place its just one big drunk fest!!never never never again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank sunshine62764

We thank you for taking the time to post a review. We noticed that you traveled during Memorial Weekend when the entire Myrtle Beach area was booked up by a bit wilder crowd. This is a 33 acre resort featuring a lot of great amenities and nearly 100 privately owned condos. We are a rental agency that manages about 300 of the nearly 1000 condos located at the resort. Your review will be forwarded to the resort HOA itself for consideration. Although we can not directly provide you service regarding your particular complaints, we understand your concerns and will be happy to assist any way we can. Both the grounds staff and the security staff are employed by the HOA, not us the rental agent. As the rental agent, we are here to assist you in finding the right condo for your stay and servicing your needs within that condo when you rent it from us.

That said, we fell that based on your review that you may would enjoy yourself better at a different time. Memorial weekend every year is a very big weekend. The motorcycle rally and beach festivals bring a huge crowd. Most of the time the Myrtle Beach Resort is a very laid back environment where you and your family can enjoy a peaceful and relaxing vacation, but Myrtle Beach has several times a year where peaceful is not the descriptive word used. Instead it is lively, exciting, and a bit more rowdy at times. Be sure to check out the area events on your next trip to Myrtle Beach. Feel free to inquire with our reservation staff of what is happening in the area when you book your next trip. They are happy to help you choose a condo of your liking as well as the right week for a relaxing and laid back experience.

We hope that helps and hope that you will reconsider the Myrtle Beach Resort again for a different vacation experience. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We are driving back from a 5 day 4 night stay at Myrtle Beach Resort. While we loved the resort itself and the fact that the beautiful beach was right there, we would have enjoyed it more had it not been for Black Bike Week. The resort was overtaken by black people (not that I have anything against them) their motorcycles and crude, rude behavior. They were smoking pot at the pool right in front of babies and young children, they basically took over the pool since they come in packs.

On the upside, the unit we stayed in, though petite to say the least was very nice and updated.

The resort itself and the grounds were very nice.

I may consider giving this place another try, but definitely not during Black Bike Week!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michelle M

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the resort. Myrtle Beach Resort has something for everyone. Throughout the year there are many different peak time and non peak times to travel. There are all types of festivals in the area as well. If you enjoyed Myrtle Beach and the resort, feel free to check out the events in the area before planning your next vacation to assist you in choosing a time that would be most enjoyable for you and your family! We are usually aware of the are events and festivals, so feel free to ask our friendly reservation agents about any that you may be interested in enjoying or avoiding. We hope to hear from you again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights last week for vacation. We got a room on the 8th floor of the tower. It was the perfect size for just the two of us, with a very comfortable full size bed right next to the window with a gorgeous beach view. It was a bit odd that the toilet and shower were separate from the sink, but that didn't really bother us as the rest of the room and resort was great. There was a kitchenette with ample counter space and table so that we could make breakfast and lunch in our room. The best part of the room was definitely the balcony overlooking the ocean! The hallway of our floor was a little dingy, but the lobby was perfectly fine. During our stay we managed to swim in every outdoor pool at the resort and loved them all! Beach access is so easy, which was great, but there were a couple of drains from the resort with dirty water (not sewage!) draining onto the beach, so if you want to stay away from that, walk a little bit further down the beach. The quarterdeck restaurant/bar was perfect for a light dinner and drinks for our first night, but I wouldn't reccommend having more than a couple meals there, as myrtle beach has SO many amazing places to eat that are way better. Overall, we had a wonderful time and would definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thenath7590

Thank you for your wonderful and informative review. We hope to see you again next year!