Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great location and great for families with swimmers”

Myrtle Beach Resort
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4th of July week. Unit b422. It's right on the beach and has 6 pools. Our 8 & 9 year olds loved it. We spent most of the time at the large pool near the beach, which had a large 3 to 3.5' area, and also the beach, which is 200' away. We thought we'd spend more time at the lazy river, but it was more geared for littler ones.

Our unit was great. On the 4th floor, so we could see the ocean and be above the parking lot noise. Noise from above or sides wasnt bad. The grounds are well maintained and patrolled. Our unit was tiled, which was great since we ended up with lots of sand at the end of the day.

The restaurant (quarterdeck) isn't too much to plan on for food more than once. It's the drinking spot at night & has bands, but pretty tame. Pools stay open until 11.

The location itself is good. 20 minutes from Broadway on the Beach, where we hung out several nights. Traffic can be slow, but we used Waze and avoided any lengthy delays.

It was crowded this time of year, but we could always find a parking spot within reason. As always, you're going to have some folks coming back to their rooms pretty loud at 230am.

We did MagicQuest (Ok way to spend 90 min, but unless your kids are into that stuff it's mostly you leading them around at that age). Did Ripley's Aquarium (went first thing in the morning and finished in about 90 min). Did Pirates Voyage dinner (pricey but kids liked it).

Headed down to Murrells Inlet on a Thursday night and ate at Bovines then took a stroll asking the marsh walk...very nice. Hit the froyo ice cream place on the way back.

MYB is crowded this time of year, and if it rains, some of the attractions at Broadway on the Beach become nearly impossible to get near. We did find the Market Common a neat place to go during the rain...caught a movie there.

Would not hesitate to stay here again next time!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve D
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you very much! This was an excellent and well written review. We appreciate your taking the time to be so informative about the resort as well as the MYB area. We hope that you return soon and look forward to serving you again when you do!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed in building A337 which is a condo. They had all of the kitchen items we needed but were definitely well used. There were a few maintenance items that we reported but were not fixed before we left. They were not big issues but worth discussing. There were several broken strips on the vertical blinds, the ice maker did not work, and the biggest problem for us was the smoke smell. The room was suppose to be non-smoking but it had obviously been smoked in heavily. One additional item to remember if you decidee to go is to bring something to cover the bedroom windows the light front the hallway was very bright and we had to hang towels over the windows to get the kids to sleep. The kids pool area is OK but it is a lot smaller than it looks in the picture. One the plus side the resort is very family friendly. We will probably not be back to the resort because we have stayed at nicer places for about the same money in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: decide if you want to be closer to the ocean or the kids pool since they are on different ends of th...
3  Thank Kenny I

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations rental agency located onsite at the Myrtle Beach Resort. I am not sure which rental agent you rented your condo through as unit A0337 is not one that our agency manages. That said, I do hope that you provided the same feedback to the agency you rented through. This forum is still a great place to inform potential renters about which units you like and which you do not. All condos at this resort are privately owned and managed by various companies. The owners do furnish and decorate their condos according to their personal taste and budgets. In the future, feel free to review the, photos we offer online of the available units to select a condo you would be happier with. Our reservations agents are also available 7 days a week to assist in finding a condo that you and your family will be happy with. Thank you again for taking the time to review. We would be happy to serve you and your family should you ever return to the Myrtle Beach Resort!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

well I stayed 06/30/2014 - 07/06/2014 (I'm currently still here ) and paid $1536.19. I booked a 2 bedroom condo with a garden view. I checked in I ended up in a pool view room. I entered the room and it was VERY small. the very first thing I had to do (even b4 I unpacked) I had to call maintenance to come fix the air condition. I made a list of every thing wrong with the condo and it took up a full sheet of paper. the condo was very outdated. and after we unpacked we walked to the beach and it took us 20 minutes to get from our condo to the beach. the condo that we stayed in are not even in the pictures that they show when you book. Also on top of paying they charge $12.95 for one car to park and $10 dollars for additional cars, and its no assigned parking so if you leave you might have to walk 15 minutes to get back to your condo. Also they don't allow you to have pets, but the have about 25 or 30 ducks on this 33 acre property that FLY AND GET IN THE POOL, Very disgusting. I've been on vacation all up and down the east coast and overall this is the worst vacation ever. I do no RECCOMEND this place and I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN even if they offered me a free room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Matthew M

It is regretful that you did not enjoy your stay at the Myrtle Beach Resort. I am not sure which condo you stayed in or which website or company you booked through, but I am happy to address your concerns at least for the benefit of a dual sided perspective to the reader. Maybe after reading this you would be willing to reconsider a return visit to this resort; possibly in a different condo type. If not, at least those reading will be informed of their options and both sides of the story...

Based on the verbiage you are using to describe the condo type you stayed in and rented, I would guess that you booked through a third party booking engine website, not a rental manager that deals directly with the resort. Most of the rental agencies would refer to the condo type you have mentioned here as a park view. Most do not separate the ones that are looking at the "garden" areas from the ones looking at the pools or the tennis courts or playgrounds. Typically, all condo without a view of the ocean are referred to as Park View; meaning they are looking at various park areas at the resort instead of the beach.

If a guest is booking directly with a rental agency, they usually have the ability to request a specific location if not a specific condo within the resort. Through a third party site, you are merely booking a room type and they do not specify which area (pool vs garden) they usually lump them all together and rooms are usually assigned the day of arrival in order to better maximize occupancy.

All in all there are about 12 different room types at this resort with various sizes, locations, and views within this 33 acre resort. When you book through the agency you can be more selective and even receive photos of the exact unit you are booking.

My suggestion for you and everyone else reading is to book through the rental agency directly so that you can view the photos of the units and the views from the balconies of those units and select the one that works best for you.

We are always happy to have our agents assist as well. We can even email you photos if you prefer that to searching online.

I hope that this was helpful and maybe you will reconsider a return visit in the future. With our assistance, I am sure we can get you into a condo you will be happy with both inside and out.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My sisters and I planned a weekend getaway. We also decided to bring our 2 kids with us. Because we were coming from 2 different states, I called the hotel to ensure that if my sister arrived before I did she would have access to the room. They assured me that it would not be a problem. I updated the reservation with expedia just to be on the safe side. After traveling for 6 hours my sister arrived at the resort. Of course the front desk keeps banker's hours so they were closed when she arrived at 6:00. The security personnel told her that the information that was provided to them by the hotel did not include her name. Luckily she was able to share the Expedia reservation with the updated information with them and they provided her with a key to the room. When she arrived at the room the key did not work. She went back to the security gate and they called maintenance. The security personnel explained that they worked for a separate company but they were as accommodating as they could be, after all it wasn't their fault that the resort provided them with a mangled key that wouldn't fit the room door. After waiting for approximately 45 minutes to gain access to the room maintenance personnel showed up with a master key to give her and one of the kids access to the room. Now that they had access they could not leave the room as they did not have a key to re enter the room if they left. After 2 hours the appropriate key was provided. When the concerns were shared with the supervisor on duty he was less than friendly. He raised his voice and could not understand our frustration with having to wait to gain access to the room after traveling with small children. He refused to accept responsibility for the mishaps. The manager on duty, Joe [--], is the reason that we will never stay at this resort again. We left a message for the manager of reservations to call us but she never got around to it ether although we were informed that she would be at work at 12:30. There are tons of beach front properties in and around Myrtle Beach that offer better check in and better customer service than this one. Don't waste your time or money especially if traveling with small kids.

4  Thank Shana R
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

You are correct that as a property management company, we are not open 24hrs a day. That said, we are on call 24 hours a day. We are very sorry that you key did not work as we have no way to test them from the front desk, but we do provide 2 of them when the units have hard keys. They are provided to us by the owner's themselves.

We can not verify how long you had to wait for the security guards to get to you from the gate at the resort, but we do hope it was not long. The security guards did call us to let us know they had gotten you into the condo. They logged the call out to our staff. They logged the entry of our staff into the resort. Our staff went to your unit, then left and logged out a key from the office and brought you the new key minutes later. They then logged out at the gate and left to go back home. The time from the call to him to the time they logged that he left was 45 min. total.

I am sorry you had to wait or experienced any frustration at all. We would love to tell you that nothing ever goes wrong, but that simply would not be true. When it does, we are going to do our best to remedy the situation as quickly as we can. Again, we apologize for you issue with the key and hope that you can find it in your heart to see that although not perfect, everyone did follow the most efficient procedures and policies to address your concerns. If you were to choose to return again, your situation was logged in your reservation. We would be happy to work very hard to show that we appreciate your business and can provide you an enjoyable vacation!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in October in a condo unit without even a view of the ocean. In fact we were so far from the ocean, we had to drive. No chairs to sit on the beach. Resort offers no amenities unless swimming in the summer. Condo was sooooo small, One bedroom's air did not work unless the door was open to the noises of the main room. The inside hallways were worn and old. Not a place to go for vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pamloo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We certainly appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative as we are always looking for ways to better serve our guests.

I can not tell by your description which rental agent or owner you reserved your condo through as you did not include the unit number therefor I am not able to pass along your feedback to those you made your reservation with. That said, I am happy to offer some information for your slef as well as our review readers..

Myrtle Beach Resort is a 33 acre resort offering almost 1000 privately owned condos with about 12 different classifications of size location and view. They range from studios/efficiencies to 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, and even a few 3 bedroom condos. The views vary throughout the resort. There are condos that are direct ocean front views, tower ocean views, low-rise ocean views, moderate ocean views, and park views. The rates will also vary according to the selection of condo type you book and the dates you stay.

The condos are each individually owned. They are all maintained , and decorated according to the individual owners taste and budget.

It sounds as though you reserved a one bedroom park view. These would be located in the Five Seasons Centre and approximately 400-600 yards away from the beach depending on which building it was in. You are correct that those condos do not overlook the beach however there many more that do.

Typically when booking through an agent you would request a view and your rate would vary based on that view. I do not know how you booked, but you can request and pay for what you like based on availability for the dates you are selecting.

As far as the air conditioning, from time to time, there are appliance or mechanical issues in these homes just like in your own. If that ever occurs during your stay, just report it to the agent you reserved through or the onsite maintenance staff and someone will usually take care of it for you.

I can not change your previous reservation, but hopefully this information will help you or anyone reading in choosing the right type of condo for your next stay at the Myrtle Beach Resort. You are also able to view the available condo photos on our website including the balcony views and select the one that suits your budget and your personal preferences. In addition, our reservations agents are always happy to assist with that as well.

Thank you again for your feedback. Now that you have a bit more information, we hope that you will consider staying at the Myrtle Beach Resort again!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family stayed here for our family reunion. We had a total of four rooms on two different floors. Overall, the family was pleased with the condos and the amenities provided. We stayed in the tower. Our biggest grievance/concern was mostly cleanliness. None of our rooms were perfectly clean. In each room that was supposed to be clean we found trash, leftover articles of clothing from previous tenants and the bathrooms were not clean at all. Seems the housekeepers came in and just made sure to vacuum the floor, refill towels and made sure the dishes we're put away. The pull out sofa was terrible and I pity anyone who has to sleep on them. I found that none of the balcony doors locked. As a parent of a four year old and staying on the 15th floor I was extremely concerned...same goes for the second floor rooms as well. We did call maintenance for a balcony light issue and the maintenance man was quick and professional. Loved all the amenities, beach was nice and we loved all of the pools. Quarter Deck was so so...tad expensive. We did enjoy Trivia a few nights, karaoke people were okay, sometimes rude to patrons however. Overall, we were happy with MBR just wish the rooms were cleaner.

1  Thank EZLaVie

Please allow me to first thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I can not say based on the information you provided whether your rentals were through our agency, another agency, or a homeowner, but we are happy to respond just the same.

It seems as though you enjoyed your stay but were not satisfied with the housekeeping upon arrival. It sounds as though the cleaner that day did not put their best foot forward. I do not know if this was our staff or that of another agency, but either way we apologize. We do realize that from time to time human errors are made. We do promise that if there was an error or something not done properly by our staff that we are more than happy to rectify and correct it as soon as we are made aware of it. In the future, please contact the office where you rented right away so they can send someone up to rectify any issues you have just like you did with the light on the balcony.

Although I do not know which agency you rented through, I can state that if you return we at MBRV are more than happy to assist you with making sure your condo is cleaned to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you require for the condos we manage 7 days a week.

Thank you again for your feedback. we certainly will use this as a tool to improve our services and work harder to prevent any issues in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ok, there were some positive things. Our unit in the Five Seasons section #6111 was updated very nicely. Of the three units I'd seen there (we had family members rent other units), ours was by far the nicest. I enjoyed the lazy river although it wasn't really "lazy" with a million kids splashing around. The Quarterdeck's bam-bam? shrimp was very tasty, the Monkey/Banana drink was awesome (can't remember the official name) and the service was good considering the crowds in the evening. That's about it for the positives, and these are the reasons I gave the resort an "average" instead of "poor".

Upon check-in we were informed that the clubhouse/indoor pool in our section would be closed during our stay due to vandalism. Nice start.

We were in a 1st floor unit and I swear it seemed as though a family of elephants were our upstairs neighbors. You could hear every step, every chair moved, cabinets opened and closed, and it was LOUD. At first I thought this was just the people above us being obnoxious, but it was the same in the other two units family members rented. It's just old construction that's not sound proofed.

The beach was a pretty far walk, especially if you brought any gear such as beach chairs, coolers or umbrellas. We walked there the first day, then drove the rest of the time to get a bit closer. I have NEVER seen a more crowded beach. If you wanted to put up an umbrella, you had to do it behind the line of resort umbrellas and chairs, which was virtually impossible.

The bedrooms and living area of these units are very small. I knew this going in based on the pictures, but it was more difficult than I had imagined for a family of six to maneuver when there was virtually no space to put a suitcase that didn't block the path to the doorways or bathrooms.

We had read that there were kids activities at this resort, but I never saw any in action.

The hallway to our unit smelled musty and there appeared to be moisture stains on the carpet. This, I could deal with until the puddles got larger as the days went by and on the third day I realized the water was coming from our unit! The closet with the water heater and A/C unit was flooding and seeping into the hallway and ultimately onto the kitchen floor in the unit. We called maintenance and someone came out immediately. He was very nice and thought he had the problem fixed. However we discovered pretty soon thereafter that the water kept leaking. This time it took two more phone calls and several hours before maintenance returned. My poor mother-in-law kept wringing out towels we put down to keep the kitchen from flooding.

Later that afternoon a crew came to take a look and said that the main drain was clogged and leaking from underneath our unit. At this point, we were checking out and moving onto another property in North Myrtle, which was the plan, even though we were booked at MBR for another two nights. I wonder now whether the water that leaked was sewage...but I'm glad I didn't hang around to find out.

We MUCH preferred the quiet and more laid back atmosphere of North Myrtle Beach. This area was too congested for my taste, not to mention the rates are cheaper for a much nicer and bigger condo in North Myrtle.

To each his own, I suppose. But I'll stick with Barefoot Resort and NMB for my future trips.

Room Tip: If you choose the Five Seasons section, be aware that it is close to 1/2 mile to the beach and resta...
1  Thank bogeyw2014

Thank you for that very thorough review. It isn't often that folks give such a detailed review. That's is a lot of great information for guests and managers alike to benefit from.

We were actually able to remedy the leak issue by the end of the day and re-rented the condo the next. We wish you had stayed!

You are correct Summertime at the Myrtle Beach Resort is a very busy time! We are typically 100% full from mid June through mid August at least. We have been accommodating many families that have been coming here for years and they now bring their own families! We think that is fantastic, but if you are looking for quiet, The shoulder seasons of Spring and Fall are fantastic at Myrtle Beach Resort. Kids are in school the pools and beaches are much less crowded and much quieter. For the families that must travel in Summer but want to stay in the quietest location, we recommend staying in the Renaissance Tower as it is concrete an steel construction making it so you do not hear anyone above or below you. It also brings you right to the beachfront!

We hope that if you ever return to Myrtle Beach you may consider Myrtle Beach Resort one more time and try either a different building or time of year. Thanks again for your review!