All reviews lazy river quarterdeck bar tennis courts quarter duck oceanfront pool hour security ocean front beach chairs family vacation indoor and outdoor pools great vacation bedroom condo off season water park full kitchen karaoke fireworks
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Well I will say that with staying here I was somewhat scared of what to expect with all the bad reviews. However with most places they will always have there good and bad points.

We arrived in early Saturday Morning and upon first look resort looked nice. Grounds are nice and clean. We had no check in since we booked directly from the owner so not having to wait for keys and passes made it nice. First impression on the buildings were ok however once you got inside you could tell they were indeed outdated. We stayed in Bld B which I will say is the nicer of the 3. Building A looks like a jail when walking through the halls. Most of the windows of rooms which can be seen while in halls have plastic bags over them instead of blinds or curtains. Can we say tacky? The tower seemed crammed and dirty. Food on floors probably since this is where we saw most of the kids. Building B has the indoor pool which may be why it seemed much nicer. It felt open and was always clean.

Our room was much better then we expected. Keep in mind that all rooms here will be different, however booking directly from the owner I think is key. Resort managed rooms seem to be the worse from what we heard from other vacationers while down there. Our room was nice and clean. No real complants except one of the beds was not very comfortable. Room was near back of the building, but we had a view of the ocean which was not expected.

Pools are nice, stayed mainly at the beach pool since its the biggest. Was never very overwelmed by the amount of people swimming there. Lazy river was nice but was super warm. Indoor pool looked decent but did not use on trip. Hot tub was very warm but kept staining my bathing suit so never got back in.

Now some of the bad:
-The beach is a joke, its extreamly small and with the tide's schedule it can become very crammed there. Its was so crammed that there were people standing directly in front of us that I could have bent over and hit my head on them. People so close that they had to toss football directly behind us to where we could feel sand hitting us from the person catching it. Because of this I stayed at the pool everyday.
-Pool Bar was never open as it said it would. And when it was open it was always out of something. Once day Coke, next day nachos.....
-Staff is pathetic. Beyond the workers at the entrance gates it seems like they hired all those which just got out of jail. Must be like a work/release program they have set up.
-Pools were never opened and closed at the time they said. This was very irritating. I like to get up and go out to the sun when they are suppose to be opened. And at night I like to go for a quick swim before heading in for the night. Pools were suppose to close at 11 however most nights this was never the case. At one point of time we made a complaint about this and they told us the pool manager was caught being drunk so the sent her home and closed all the pools. This was at like 8pm.
-Rules they have on swimming are crazy. One day there was a storm heading in and there was thunder. I completly understand that they cannot allow anyone to swim while there is lightning in the area but the amount of time they shut the pools down was insane. The strom started about 1 and ended at 2ish however they decided to keep the pool shut down the rest of the day. No lie! Even the indoor pool. Because building B has skylights the indoor pool cannot be used on bad weather days which to me defeats the purpose of having an indoor pool. Even know the sun was shining after the storm all the paying guest had to find something else to do for the rest of the day but swim which is unfair.
-Fitness center is from 1982 so dont expect anythign special. There were 2 treadmills in bld B and both were broke all week.

Oh and by the way Myrtle Beach has way way way to many beach stores. I think I counted like 26 within a 2 block radius. there were WINGS stores right next to WINGS stores. Why there would build them so close is beyond be but I think they could replace many of these with unique shops and resteraunts that would draw in more people.

In the end I will say that this will be my last trip back to this resort as well as to the area. Although it was nice to visit somewhere new the gulf area seems to be much more upkept and much more enjoyable.

2  Thank LoganM121
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This review is almost too gross to actually type out, but here goes. We arrived early and paid extra money to check in early. We were travelling with our 18 month old twins. After eating dinner in the dining room the night before and NOT noticing, upon sitting around the table for breakfast I look down and there were maggots, yes maggots crawling out of the carpet. My husband begins to pick them up and kill them and I immediately call guest services, who did not seem to care about "my problem" after making several calls to guest services, Maintenance did show up to verify that yes indeed maggots were crawling out of the carpet. But of course since we had picked them up they wanted to see the dead ones in the trash and it wasn't enough that more were still crawling up through the carpet. Who would make something like that up? After screaming at management to move us to a new unit, they finally gave in. As if it was any question they shouldn't move us? They should have been offering us that and then some, like a refund. Management is poor, rude, slow to help and condescending, They even accused us of having something to do with the maggots. No, that's from unsanitary and unclean conditions and I will be reporting them to the SC Department of Health. After moving to a new unit, we tried to salvage the rest of our vacation.

2  Thank CharlotteMadison
Reviewed 9 August 2010

My negative review would be too long to type out and too lengthy for anyone to want to take the time to read.,
Long story short - Management is poor, rude, slow to help and condescending, elevators are slow and dirty, trash in bins in hallways piled high most of the time, Unit A445 was filthy upon arrival (even after checking in at 4:30) - dirty bathrooms, sheets had not ben changed, trash not removed - the list could go on and on and only get worse.
Someone entered our unit without our consent or notification while we were away to repair the broken icemaker. They didnt even finish the job and left the icemaker in pieces and the tools lying on the stove.
For a postiive note I will say the grounds are nicely kept, the pools and lazy river were clean and fun.
This homeowner takes no pride in this condo. A better unit would have made for a more pleasant impression for us.

1  Thank bhorton79
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This is our 5th year staying at the Myrtle Beach Resort. We usually have a group of 10 to 15 that go each year getting our own rooms. Usually we rent directly thru the resort and have not had a bad experience with a room. This year while browsing their site I found a room listed from a Private Owner. The room was Nemo's Oceanfront. This room was located on the 7th floor of the tower , Oceanfront. When we entered the room, we were very happy. The room was newly decorated with a palm tree theme. The furnitur and carpet was a very nice light color. The room is considered a sunsuite. We had a queen bed, bunk beds and the couch pulled out into a bed. All the linens and towels were furnished for the whole week. Dont expect daily housekeeping unless you want to pay the resort for that. But I dont have a problem keeping it clean each day myself. This room had 1 bathroom, with a vanity and mirror right outside the bathroom door, dining area, breakfast area, full size kitchen that included everything from silverware to blender. All the dishes, pots and pans were furnished along with microwave and ice maker. The balcony is directly over The Quarter Deck that was named Nassau Neds. I enjoyed Nassau Neds more. I think they had more variety of entertainment each night. It seemed like the same ones just swapping nights with the Quarter Deck but free entertainment is always nice. The music stops at 11 thur the week and midnight on weekends. Security is great at the resort. They stay on their toes. The resort is very clean and pools are super nice. There are so many activities each day for children to do at the water park. This year was crowded. I had never seen it this crowded. The beach was crowded but there was plenty of room for loads more to get out on the beach. Parking can be difficult at times if you get in late in the evenings. You might have to walk a little distance. Elevators yes is a problem in the tower. 3 for the whole building of 22 floors. It takes sometimes 10 min to get a ride, but i have never seen anyone waiting 45 min to get on the elevator. As for flooding, across the bridge at the tower there are a few parking spots that they have marked with signs that lets you know that during heavy rain it may flood. I parked in one of those spots 2 days and we had severe storms both evenings and I never seen any flooding. This is a great resort for family with small children and teens. I would recommend this Resort to anyone. And I will be making my reservation for the same room. The owner was fantastic to deal with.

Date of stay: July 2010
4  Thank OfcWolfe
Reviewed 7 August 2010

This place is a dump! Reminds you of your first college apartment put together by going to garage sale or worse. I have thrown out better furniture and furnishings. The beds were equally terrible.

3  Thank jalx2