We are staying here for the month of March. On the first and second night we complained about a loud noice on and off throughout the night. To keep this short over the first ten days we complained about this 5 times. Nothing was ever done. Finally a couple managers showed up and we explained everything again & agreed to tape the noise. No sleep through the night for ten days. They admitted a problem and agreed to move us. No single bedrooms so they reluctantly gave us a two bedroom. We went to check it out. Very nice; but no power. So they had maintenance check it out. And he showed us a different unit. That one is fine except the bathroom lights didn't work. Seems somebody had removed all the bulbs. Last night we had our first solid nights sleep.
Other points. 1) At no point did anybody ever check to see if the problem had been corrected.
2) When we said that our first 10 days were a disaster and we would like those 10 days refunded. The statement was that was impossible. (They get all their money up front)
They did offer us a free week next year. Of course we're a thousand miles away.
3) Then not only did we spend another part of our day moving rooms, but since we had rented the linens from them. Linens do not come with the room. We asked about the current linens and were told to take them with us.
4) Nobody has still called to offer us any other compensation or even to see if everything is okay.
There are some good hard working people here but management and oversight stink.
Maybe I should mention that my wife and I have been in the hospitality business for 30+ years and I have never seen such a complete disregard for the customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Myrtle Beach South Carolina Vacation Rentals and Myrtle Beach Condo Sales The 33 acre gated oceanfront Myrtle Beach Resort offers privately owned vacation condo rentals with nearly 700 feet of white sandy beaches and crystal blue waters directly on the Atlantic Ocean. In addition to 24 hour gated security, we offer a lazy river water park featuring a 375 foot lazy river and wet deck, four outdoor pools (one beach front), two indoor pools, three health spas complete with steam rooms, saunas and jacuzzis, combined with four of the Grand Strand's finest lighted tennis courts, a basketball court, and Free wireless internet access to offer every guest a vacation to remember. Top this off with The Quarter Deck Oceanfront Bar and Grill and The Galley for pizza and ice cream and we have all you need without ever leaving the grounds! Myrtle Beach, SC has been selected the "Best Family Beach" by the Travel Channel. Amusement parks, water parks, restaurants, live entertainment, museums, nature preserves, and outlet shopping combine with over 100 golf courses to provide options sure to please every family member. You will find events and entertainment all year long at The Myrtle Beach Resort. In addition, during the summer months the resort has a Children's Activities Program to help keep the kids entertained without leaving the comfort of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Myrtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Mrytle Beach Resort