Message from TripAdvisor:

“Total lack of any class by management”

Myrtle Beach Resort
Ranked #63 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
phelps wisconsin
“Total lack of any class by management”
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We are staying here for the month of March. On the first and second night we complained about a loud noice on and off throughout the night. To keep this short over the first ten days we complained about this 5 times. Nothing was ever done. Finally a couple managers showed up and we explained everything again & agreed to tape the noise. No sleep through the night for ten days. They admitted a problem and agreed to move us. No single bedrooms so they reluctantly gave us a two bedroom. We went to check it out. Very nice; but no power. So they had maintenance check it out. And he showed us a different unit. That one is fine except the bathroom lights didn't work. Seems somebody had removed all the bulbs. Last night we had our first solid nights sleep.
Other points. 1) At no point did anybody ever check to see if the problem had been corrected.
2) When we said that our first 10 days were a disaster and we would like those 10 days refunded. The statement was that was impossible. (They get all their money up front)
They did offer us a free week next year. Of course we're a thousand miles away.
3) Then not only did we spend another part of our day moving rooms, but since we had rented the linens from them. Linens do not come with the room. We asked about the current linens and were told to take them with us.
4) Nobody has still called to offer us any other compensation or even to see if everything is okay.
There are some good hard working people here but management and oversight stink.

Maybe I should mention that my wife and I have been in the hospitality business for 30+ years and I have never seen such a complete disregard for the customer.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank disgruntled009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Whitesboro, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I've been to the Myrtle Beach resort 6 out of the last 7 years for my childrens spring break and have had a great time. The resort is great for a family. It offers alot for everyone with a number of pools both indoor and outdoors, a lazy river, beach bar, tennis to mention a few. Actually planning another visit this April and will be staying in Building A as usual. The only bit of advice that I have is to make sure that your getting one of the units that the owners have remodeled and you'll be very happy there.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank TC1223
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 January 2011

As the title of review states, we were nervous. A 20 hour drive to our 1st condo stay ever. We were apprehensive to say the least.

From the moment we drove onto the property, we were pleased with our choice. Gated, secure parking with attendant. We were on the 3rd floor of the building. The only downside was that the building was the first one we came to, which meant a 10 minute walk on the property to get to the beach. Totally worth it though. The price for the week was under $500. We had such a great time. There was 6 pools on the property. We visited 4 of them. The kids absolutely loved the Lazy River, we often heard complaints when we (mom and dad) wanted to actually go to the ocean! They offered free activities for the kids at all times of the morning and afternoon.

The room was great, very clean, updated decor. The walls were a little thin. We heard the neighbors watching tv and talking at ALL hours of the night! We were very pleased when they packed up and left (loudly at 3am) on the 3rd night of our stay. The next 4 nights were quiet.

Overall very pleased. Family friendly, visually appealing, amazing vacation that our family will never forget!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank LuvGoingPlaces
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 November 2016
Thank yo for this great review. You may find one of the buildings closer to the beach to be a bit quieter for your next stay. Please return again soon!
nj
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We stayed here with 4 other groupsof people and it was the worst ever, this place is a joke. We stayed in the ocean front room building b, went with private rental. The other people we were with got their condo's form the myrtly beach resort itself.
Their rooms were worse I wanted to gag when I saw one of their bathrooms, their bed had dirty sheets and smelted like b-o and was full of sand (after complaining and nothing was done they went and bought some sheets)
The hallway had a stench of old cheese, I guess... do to lack of never cleaning between the heat and having dirty people after being at the beach all day walk barefoot down the hallway all day long. Garbage bags as shades, are they kidding!! They should use them to clean up this place. I saw a 4" red cockaroach in my room it was the size of a small bird....but according to the front desk it was fine because it was common by the beach, really? first time for me. This place has trailor parks on both sides and they totaly take over the pool during the day and light up cheap firecrackers all night long..how fun!
Our beds were so bad ,The kitchen stuff was all broken and had dried hard food stuck to everything... looked liked old stuff from the from the dollar store. Our neighbor's condo was just as bad even their bath mat was wet, soaked with urine, poor people drove all the way from Canada for this hell hole.
This place was like an indoor trailor park, I think some trailor parks might even be better than this dump.
The very next day after the bug and the last, I went to try the deli for something before I went home and I kid you not...the deli worker said "do you see that rat outside?" and with that... I looked and saw it outside the big window eating something yellow, maybe a chip. We are done with this place for ever, I wouldn't stay here for free. This place is so dirty and infested, not for me.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank foursabunch
While it seems you did not rent through our rental company, we still regret to hear anyone did not enjoy their stay at the Myrtle Beach Resort. There are multiple companies to rent through as well as directly through the resort owners. Our company manages nearly 300 out of 996 condos at the resort. We would love the opportunity to try to regain your faith in a resort that has so much to offer. Your stay was nearly 6 years ago now. The resort has had many updates both inside and out and most of the condos we manage have also been updated. I am sure if given the opportunity to we could show you an anjoyable and memorable vacation experience. If not we respect your choice to stay elsewhere and hope you still enjoy Myrtle Beach itself.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I have stayed at the Myrtle Beach Resort more than a dozen times over the last few years, and every time I stay I am pleasantly surprised at the upgrades made since my last stay. I feel at home, safe and secure. I have always been provided with the modern conveniences I need to be comfortable. The location is close enough to great food, activities, and golf, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the busy part of the beach. That makes it perfect for families!! Thank you to the homeowners who always seek my input on how to make it better, and listen to opinions and requests. All I can say is I will never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review as well as your repeat patronage year after year. We look forward to your return.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Place is a complete dump. Just stab yourself in the eyeballs it would be preferable. Rooms are in a constant state of disrepair and management doesn't care. You will lose all your money if you don't like your room. Tough luck. They actually voted to construct the "Lazy River" instead of sinking the dough into improving the rooms. You will be charged--lose your deposit--to things like a filthy carpet--when you didn't even sully it! And did I mention the wireless internet was broken? And how about the security people trying to bust you for "speeding" on the premisis? Or after they nickel and dime you on the room you still have to pay extra for a entry pass? And you will love the fuzzy 19" TVs, the lack of HBO, the collapsed bed frames, the noisy ventilation and the paper thin walls. Best thing to happen to this place would be a hijacked airliner flown right into it. At least then I'd be laughing too hard to care about my lost thousands.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
9 Thank Fttp
Thank you for you review. The condos actually are privately owned. We are a management company renting out about 300 out of 996 condos. I am not sure who you rented through back in 2010 but I will address your concerns as it would be today.

The individual home owners update, maintain, and furnish the condos themselves based on their personal needs, taste, and budget. We do wish we had more ability to refuse rentals, but as long as they meet safety, we do not have the freedom to discriminate.

We do take your satisfaction seriously. Although we can not control everything, we do try very hard to stay on top of the condos we manage. Since your stay we have added a few new options to our owner sin effort to assist them with better maintenance and more up to date furnishings within the condos. It is up to the owners to hire us for these services, but it makes it much easier for them to do what needs to be done. We now offer a contractor to do any renovations right here onsite as well as partnership with local furniture galleries that we have negotiated affordable deals for our owners with. This allows them to update their condos without even leaving their home state! We have successfully gotten more 45% of our owners to do significant updates in their condos in the past 2 years since adding these services.

We do also have detailed descriptions and photos of the condos on our website, but we also keep our reservations staff well informed as to what is being done ion the condos. This allows them to share what updates have recently happened with you during booking.

The resort has since sought out a new internet provider that has successfully provided us excellent and consistent wifi service since 2014. The resort has also renovated the building interiors and updates are done the amenities annually.

Unfortunately, if you speed you will still get a ticket. This is done to deter people from driving too fast through a resort where many people are walking; often with children.

We hope that with the light of this information you would consider trying us again sometime in the near future. Thank you again for your time and feedback.
pickens, sc
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Reserved a room with 1 bedroom and 1 sofa bed. Sofa bed was not functional and had to sleep on floor 4 nights until the daily complaints was addressed. I was never able to speak to the manager and was told he would call me via phone to discuss adjusting the price for the room. No one ever called and full price of the room was charged. Be careful when you check in that you make sure you are getting what you pay for. We stayed in Building A, 1 bedroom ocean front.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank dmbolding
I am not sure which rental agency you rented through as we have almost always had a female manager, so I can not address your concerns about your rental back in 2010. Our policy, even in 2010, would have been to with replace the sofa bed mechanism; with the owner's approval of course or to move you to another room if it was not repairable or replaceable the same day. I can however, fill you in on how we work and what all has changed since your stay nearly 7 years ago...