“Very Nice Hotel for the Price on the Beach!”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #59 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very Nice Hotel for the Price on the Beach!”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

This hotel was really nice for a very good price. It is a little further South from all the attractions but if your going just to the beach then this is a really good place to go for the price. It is Pet Friendly but their is a weight limit on your pet of no more then 20lbs. I will say tho there were alot of people who had heavy dogs that exceeded the weight but honestly it did not bother me at all as long as the dogs were friendly. There is an indoor and outdoor pool which was great because we did stay one day on a very windy and rainy day so the indoor pool was great for my kids. I also went with my brother and sister in law so the layout of the roo, we had was great. There were two Queen beds in the front of the room divided by the kitchen which had a door on both sides and then the sofa with a murphy bed was on the end with balcony to view the beach. The hotel did not smell like pets which is hard to find for a pet friendly hotel. The service was great and what I loved most was the entire building was Smoke Free. You were not allowed to smoke anywhere on the property so there was no smell. We liked this hotel allot and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 1 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the fact that the resort is totally non-smoking and indoor pool option for windy days. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed the layout of your room and I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We traveled with our dog and the hotell was right on the beach so it was perfect for us. The biggest problem we saw was finding something to eat so we had to drive a while to actually find something.
As we noticed the south side of the boulevard was more "ghetto" from north boulevard but that was not a problem for us. We spent most time on the beach or lookin for food. When we checked in they was very friendly and we even got to check in a little early so that was really nice of them and they gave a treat bag or us so big PLUS. The dog had a good area to go on her duty so that was not a problem either. My only complaint would be the night/ evening shift. A very crumpy tanned lady that was a little spicy when she talked back, that did not go well with me and all she seemed to be worried about was her phone. Other than that the hotell was just our fit and we will def come back.

Room Tip: All rooms had ocean view.
charleston
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Upon check-in we were given a bag of doggie treats for our dogs and provided with all the information about the walking areas for our dogs. It was great to see all the dogs and there humans walking around the hotel and the beach, we even met a couple that brought their bot bellied pig on vacation. Now, just because this is a dog friendly hotel does not mean that it was loud or dirty, it was quite the opposite. The children running around the pool(s) were louder than any of the dogs.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you and your pet come and stayed with us and enjoyed all the other animals that staying at the resort also. I am glad that you found our resort to clean and our staff to be friendly. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Weston, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The employees were great. We really enjoyed our stay and will def. stay here again next time we make a trip to the beach. I felt that the rooms were nice. This hotel is very clean and pet friendly, even though I didn't bring my dog.

Room Tip: we were on the 10th floor with a great view .
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you really enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff was friendly. I am glad that you enjoyed staying here even though you didn’t bring your pet with you. I hope that you and your pet will come and stay with us in the future.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I can not say enough about Ocean Park! My kids loved the indoor pool and me and my hubby enjoyed the hot tub! The view of the ocean was incredible! The resort was clean and staff was friendly and eager to help. Next time we vacation in Myrtle beach we are deffently going back to Ocean Park resort!

Room Tip: Ocean view is a great choice for a lower price
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that your kids enjoyed the indoor pool and that your husband enjoyed the hot tub. I am happy that you enjoyed the view from your room and how friendly the staff is. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Housekeeping needs LOTS of improvements. When we first checked in we had to get cleaning supplies from the front desk to clean a very dirty sink. There was a chair in the room that needed to be thrown in the trash it was dirty and used up. In the bathroom was used shampoo left by the housekeeping staff from the hotel for the next guest. We had a pet friendly room and there are nicer kennels out there than this room was.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Thank you for writing a review. I have spoken with the General Manager and he has assured me that he has taken the appropriate measures to make sure that the problems you encountered won’t happened again. I am sorry that you had these problems during your stay and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Very friendly and helpful staff. Our little dog came with us. This made for a great trip. Room was clean and services were great. We have booked for next year. Lots of parking on site and on a quite part of South Ocean Blvd.

Market Common is a short drive west. Great place to go for shopping, movies and restaurants

Golf close to hotel and shopping as well.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to read that our staff was very friendly and helpful during your trip. I know that it makes a trip better when you can bring your pet with you and I am happy that you were able to bring your dog on this trip. I hope that you and your dog will come back and stay with us again soon.