“So clean!! Great for pets too!!”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #65 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I am very picky and I was so happy with Ocean Park! Our room was very clean, no complaints. If you are looking for a resort with shops and spa you may not be happy here, but if you want a clean family oriented hotel ocean front this is it. We were on the 9th floor ocean front efficiency and have stayed around the world in the best of hotels, but what makes me happy is CLEAN and i checked everywhere under bed under mattress and was happy! Mattress was fairly new comfortable and PERFECT for us and our shih poo!! So happy to have found a nice ocean front where we can bring our dog! They even have a doggie spa, and the dogs were all very clean, very well behaved! But if you are mot a pet person you may not be happy, we are and l can not say enough good things! It is an older resort but they were bringingbin new appliances as we were checking out. But again housekeeping did great job for us and this mom was happy!!

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 3 April 2012

The rooms were clean and nice. Wish the bathroom would have been a little larger and the rooms a little wider. But all in all a great place to stay especially for pets

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The oceanfront 8th floor efficiency double room we had was very good. Mattress were new and comfy had a full kitchen, 2 double beds, safe in room, oceanfront balcony very large room, very modern. Bathroom was nice size. Everthing worked. I have two complaints. One is that the fan on air conditioner/heater unit will not work if you also have on the air. In order to have the fan running all night while we slept, we could not have the air conditioning on at the same time, so it got hot in the room. We like to run a fan while sleeping at night along with the air conditioning. Second was that staying oceanfront and with all the beach use you sometimes need to shower more often and we were only given three shower towels for three people that were pretty small, per day, and some hand towels and wash cloths. Needed more shower towels. Most hotels I have stayed with in Myrtle Beach offer two towels for each person per day. The staff are very helpful and very nice. With that being said, our friends had a room on 12th floor with livingroom washer/dryer, full kitchen and two bedrooms. I would of gave a 5 star rating for my room until I saw their room. Their mattress was really bad. Their room was in need of some serious renovation. Closet doors missing, couch was not comfy at all. If all rooms were like mine definetly a 5 star, but this is not the case. Be careful what you get. Some are great and others are not. Pool facilities are great, Elevators are slow and only 2 of them and lots of times when they did open were already too full so you had to wait again and many times the elevator by-passed the floor. Parking is good. One lot underneath building, one on second floor outside and one across Ocean Boulevard for overflow. Not sure if in summer busy season that would get bad, as I was there in the early spring. I did not hear slamming doors or other people in the rooms by me much at all. Was pretty quiet. Pet Friendly and I mean very Pet Friendly. Nice area to walk pet on underneath parking lot. Also, special hallway leading to beach access for pet. Non-smoking facility is a plus for me having asthma. I did encounter a man at front door 1st floor parking garage smoking, so it is not totally enforced because I came down twice in a row to that lot and he was still there smoking up a storm while packing his car right at the door entrance. Camera's are everywhere, so I don't know why he would of not been told to stop smoking. Laundry room has 3 washers and two dryers. Dryers take two times on most loads and their is no change machine. Hot tubs and saunas are nice. One heated indoor pool. Flat screen tv that rotates. Overall place is very well kept and I would stay again.

1  Thank Tracy J
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I am a returning visitor to Ocean Park and I would stay no where else, with or without my dogs. In the past I have spent only one week per visit but just completed a 5 week stay and I only have one small complaint. Ocean Park is a smaller, pet friendly resort, not one of the big, over crowded, full of amenites resort. What you do get is an efficiancy room with gorgeous ocean front view, 2 hot tubs, 2 pools and wonderful people !! Staff and vacationers become one big family and the dogs think that they are in heaven. Nothing is better then a beautiful sunrise or sunset walk on the beach with our furbabies !! I feel completely safe when traveling solo & staying at Ocean Park. The staff is wonderful and will bend over backwards to make your stay perfect. Only one small disappointment (although I can't compare to other resorts), I would have liked a little more in the way of housekeeping. During a long term stay I was assigned a cleaning day where housekeeping was to do a full cleaning. They came to my room after all checkout rooms were cleaned which was usually late afternoon. I got my bed changed, carpet swept, bathroom surfaces were only wiped down with window cleaner to give shine and same with the kitchen floor. If you are planning to stay here I would just suggest bringing in a few cleaning supplies. Really wish I had my swiffer for cleaning the floors and dusting. After a few days the room tends to accumulate sand especially with the dogs. I love Ocean Park and will be returning very soon !!

Room Tip: All Oceanfront rooms give you an incredible view of the ocean & beach. I prefer a lower floor so...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Margaritaville22
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We are very pleased with the Ocean Park. We had driven 1000 miles to visit Myrtle Beach. After careful review and having a dog we opted for a different resort when booking our trip. Then when we arrived and drove down the ocean coast we spotted Ocean Park with bold letters pet friendly...We went to our booked resort, and were very dissappointed...The next day we drove to the Ocean Park, were able to view the units before we chose,and went back to the original resort packed and checked out. Once we had regestered and given our "doggie treats" we knew this would be perfect. Our little dog loved the beach and all of her four legged new friends. Our kid loved the indoor pool that was at least 80 degrees. Hubbie loved the "lazy river hot tub". And I loved the beach that seemed to go forever with this soft sandy beach. Just watch out for the beached jelly fish. We even saved some money by eating dinner on our balcony over looking the sunset surf. Could not have had a better experience. My family and I felt so welcome and comfortable.
Thank You Ocean Park.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Our room was refreshingly clean and well appointed for an older beach hotel. We were located on the second floor with the lanai close enough to a busy stair case to shake hands with the multiple two legged clientele that passed by. It would not be a good room, the end it was OK. The staff was extremely friendly and professional, which we appreciated. It seems like a popular snow bird hotel; the lobby had a town hall feel that was a little odd, but my mother is a local enjoying a weekend ocean front, so that too was not a big concern to us. I will very likely return next time I visit MB, and I'll easily refer all my canine buddies to take their human roomies to this hotel for a comfortable and problem free weekend when they vacation here.

Room Tip: Ask for a one bedroom suite that is not on second floor if you and your pets are OK with the elevato...
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We had a great room with a great view. Everyone was very nice and helpful. The property was well kept and clean. Had a great stay and booked the room for another stay in September. We also took our small dog and he was welcomed nicely.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple