“Home away from home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lansing, Michigan
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Just returned from my 8th stay at Ocean Park Resort. I had not been there since February and was amazed at all the new updates done over the summer. As always, when arriving, I was met by the same front desk staff and even the maintenance crew. Everyone is so happy to see you return....they all asked where my two dogs were this trip. I never stay anywhere else, I love the size of this resort and the family feel you get from staff & other visitors. One thing I would like to address goes to the visitors with dogs who feel that the rules do not apply to them. As a pet owner I love bringing my dogs here, they can walk the beach, sit on the balcony and they love the attention. I really worry that we could loose this privilege because of people not following the rules. We are given a list of rules that we sign upon check-in. The rules are so simple and are really just common sense but some people just ignore it. Leaving dogs on the balconies who bark nonstop is just the sign of an irresponsible dog owner. cleaning up after your pet should just be common sense. If you check with the Mgr he will explain the reason that dogs cannot be on the pool & hot tub deck. It is a Health Dept code and if during an inspection the resort could be shut down. Let's all work together to keep this the best Pet-Friendly Resort on Myrtle Beach !! Thanks to Stephanie, Micheal and Mike for another wonderful vacation and will see you in the early spring !

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Our stay at Ocean Park Resort was very nice. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We do not have pets and are allergic to most cats and dogs. We stayed for five nights and not one time did we have any allergic reaction! The room was very comfortable and clean. The efficiency we stayed in was well stocked with items you need. I would definitely stay at this resort again and have already recommended it to some of my friends and family!

Room Tip: I am not rating the restaurant or room service only because we did not use it. Choose the oceanfro...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnnie K
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent visit to Ocean Park Resort. The grounds and pools were immaculate -- staff members could be seen at all hours of the day and night keeping everything in order. We stayed in Units 622/624 and had a spectacular view of both sunrise and sunset. The resort is located at the southern end of Ocean Blvd. -- quiet, yet convenient to all Myrtle Beach has to offer. It was our first time staying at an Oceana Resort, but it will not be our last. Their high standards of quality ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end of the building have a view of the small park next door and provide a bit of...
Irwin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

My family and i were just there for the past 10 days and just as last year everything and everyone was wonderful.The staff goes out of their way to see that your stay is a pleasent one.yes i would and have recommended CEAN PARK RESORT to anyone that i talk to.My dog brownie loved being there as well wich is another great feature for families that want to bring their dogs alovacation instead of bording them at home.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

I really enjoyed my recent visit! I will definitely visit again. Please make it a priority to check behind the cleaning staff. My room was not cleaned, beds not made, tub not cleaned out(sand in tub from beach). Great that it was pet friendly!! View was "OUT OF THIS WORLD"!

Charlotte, nc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and had a decent stay. The room was pretty basic but clean. The A/C was cold and the TV had plenty of channels on it. I wish the room had been a little bigger though. The pools were kept clean and were not crowded when I was there, so that was nice. The front desk employees were friendly, the housekeepers - not so much. I tried several times to say hello to them when I was walking down the hall, waiting on the elevator, etc. They wouldn't even make eye contact.

I was not traveling with a little 3lb. yip yapping dog, so I was not the normal guest for this hotel. I did get kinda tired of being crammed into the tiny elevators with dogs sniffing up my leg and also got tired of hearing the bark in people's rooms. I wasn't kept up at night or anything, but I just hate hearing dogs barking when I'm on vacation - I get enough of that in my neighborhood at home.

Other than those minor things, my only MAJOR complaint is that on my last night staying there, I had a knock on my door and when I went to answer it, there was a lady from the front desk standing there with 2 other people with a key card in her hand. After I opened the door, the employee (Stephanie) said "Oh, I thought this room was vacant....I was going to show these people the room". Umm, well, the room is either BOOKED or NOT in your computer system. Kinda disturbing that if I had not answered the door, she would have walked right in on me. What if I was coming out of the shower? What if I was not dressed? That incident alone makes me think twice about booking here again. I have stayed in a lot of hotels at the beach and never had this happen. I realize people make mistakes but that is a pretty big one in my opinion.

2 Thank acdavis
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

This was our first visit to Ocean Park Resort and we stayed for almost 2 weeks. We have stayed in the past at other pet friendly properties in Myrtle Beach and can say that Ocean Park is FAR SUPERIOR and we will definitely stay there on our next visit. The property was clean and well maintained as was our room. The view from our private oceanfront balcony was priceless! We had a couple of minor maintenance issues which we needed to call about and within a few minutes after our calls, maintenance was at our door to attend to the issues. The staff was professional and friendly and always ready and willing to assist. We stayed in a king oceanfront efficiency and the only improvements we could suggest would be that the room could use a fresh coat of paint and the stove should be replaced. Ours was old and the burners were wobbly but we didn't do much cooking so we managed. Keep up the great work, everyone! Having a good pet friendly property in Myrtle Beach is much needed and appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple