“Dog lovers paradise”

Ranked #45 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Jersey
“Dog lovers paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great place to vacation with your pooch. We had room 218 conveniently located next to the lobby, so we didn't need to use the elevator. The room was like a one bedroom apartment in NYC everything was appropriately designated without being to tight. The room and hotel was clean and housekeeping came early which was a good thing. Dogs are allowed but restricted to certain times and places both on the beach and at the hotel. The hotel has babysitting services for the the dog. South Carolina is very dog friendly when it comes to the beach. As a whole I found the the hotel as well as Myrtle beach to be very friendly. It's the people and their hospitality that made the trip truly memorable.

Room Tip: Room 218 has 2 queen beds, a kitchen, and a Murphy bed.
1 Thank Thetorreiran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Everything was fine. Nice quiet place.Only thing I didn't like was that it was pet friendly and the elevators are very slow. I think I was bitten by fleas from the dogs. Other than that I had a pleasant stay and a great view of the beach from my room.

• Stayed July 2013
, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just returned from a five night stay at Ocean Park Resort. We were very pleased. It meant a lot to have our fur baby with us. The staff was very friendly and the rooms and hotel were so clean. You would never know there were dogs in the building. My only complaint was that while we did have a room with a full kitchen it was lacking an oven, only had a stove top. We cook in a lot and I missed that but I would most definitely stay again. Pools ans surrounding area was super clean. Enjoyed our stay!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure if want a full kitchen that it has an oven, not just the cook top as purs did.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very nice family oriented hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. We were a little higher than we prefer, oceanfront view was nice though. Parking was on site which is always a plus. Front desk staff was excellent, housekeeping was average, almost everyday came early. They didn't have a problem with being sent away but when they came back they always forgot something in the bathroom, one day wash cloths, another toilet paper, another only left 2 towels instead of four. The Free Water Park was very sweet, the Kids loved it. The pool attendant was very nice and helpful. The beach chairs and umbrella's are very reasonably priced, pool towels were nice too except not always enough available. We would definitely stay again!

Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My family of 5 visited MB for 4 days, 3 nights and we also decided to bring my 2 small dogs. I had made reservations by phone with Mary and she was awesome. Very friendly, very helpful. If you're bringing dogs, they'll need to approve the breeds first, also you'll have to bring something to contain them while you're gone (ie. a kennel/crate). I never crate my dogs at home and if I do, I just put up a octagonal pen for them. I asked Mary if this would be all right and she said it was fine as long as the dogs couldn't get out. They're worried about your dogs running out when housekeeping comes in and also want to make sure their staff is safe. Later when I arrived (way after I checked-in), I found out that Ocean Park technically has a 1 dog limit. But this was never mentioned to me, I spoke to our housekeeper and she said it was probably because my 2 dogs were so small. Ocean Park has a 20lb limit on the dogs that stay there....and my dogs' combined weight is only 16 lbs. It's nice to know they were able to accommodate me without making me feel unwelcome.

Check-in time is 4pm and check-out is 11am. Since we were travelling with dogs, we didn't want to come too early and have to wait out in the heat somewhere with the dogs. So I called the morning we were making the trip and asked if we could check-in earlier. If we couldn't, then we'd just hang out around the house longer before starting the road trip. Tiffany was very helpful and gave us an earlier time to check in! When we did arrive, check-in was a breeze and my dogs even got a baggie of treats.

We got an oceanfront room with 2 queen beds and a full Murphy bed on the 11th floor. The room was decent sized and the view was awesome. Basically, it was 2 rooms and the kitchen/bathroom area connected the two; so there was basically only a small path for people to walk around. It was fine though, we figured it out. The kitchen came stocked with plates and bowls for 4 people. Some pots and pans were also available. The bathroom was clean, albeit small.

Some additional notes on the hotel:
-NO smoking anywhere
-Pet grooming is available on the first floor
-No breakfast is served here, you do get a coffee machine with ground coffee in your room though and there is coffee in the lobby in the morning (it's really watered down though)
-2 pools (one indoor, one outdoor) & 2 spa/jacuzzis (one outdoor, one indoor).
-Doggy relief area is on the first floor in the middle of the parking lot

And some pet info about MB:
-Between Memorial Day and Labor Day: Dogs are allowed on the beach before 10am and after 5pm.
-As for the Boardwalk, between those same dates, dogs are only allowed on the boardwalk between 5AM and 10AM. (only mornings)
-There are a couple pet friendly attractions, The Market Common being one of them!

2 Thank Gwennivere
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We have stayed at the Ocean Park since before the renovations began several years ago and have always enjoyed our stay. Now with the pet friendly rooms we have not had to provide boarding for our dachshund and the daily pet fee is very reasonable..Rooms are always clean and the staff is great . View to the south side of the beach is limited in rooms ending in 14 or 16 and limited to the north in rooms ending in 10 or 12...it helps to ask for one of the rooms on either end of the building. Pools and amenities are great, always clean and well kept. Lifeguard stand almost directly in front of the resort is nice. Wireless is not as fast as I would have liked but was sufficient ...food, snacks, and basic supplies are within walking distance as are restaurants if u don't mind a 15-20 minute stroll...not fond of not being able to have a nice cigar on the balcony after dinner but having a smoke on the beach is not bad either. We will definitely be back as this is our "go to" place for vacations or quick weekend getaways for two.

Room Tip: North and South end sections have a better view of the strand.
Sparta, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Delightfully surprised for a "Pet Friendly Hotel"! We had an oceanfront room which is nearly unheard of if you have a pet. Very clean room with very clean and new looking appliances which were appreciated. Hotel very accommodating to pets which was a very nice experience. Plenty of parking and close to airport and shopping areas. Other words, very good location. Easy access to the beach, indoor and outdoor pools and jacuzzis. All in all, will definitely consider returning in the future!

Room Tip: Be specific as to oceanfront or ocean view.