I want to say that I read TripAdvisor reviews for all things Myrtle Beach and I rely on the reviews to determine where I am going to stay and what I am going to do when we go to Myrtle Beach. Saying that, I was extremely disappointed with our stay at the Ocean Park Resort this past week. The disappointment began with check-in. I was quoted a specific amount for my stay (I had the name of the person I spoke with, the date and time I spoke with her), but the amount they were charging me was more at check-in. The gentleman wasn't able to tell me why there was a difference, he simply kept showing me their readout. After going round and round about it, we ended up paying the amount they were charging just so we could check in. It was obvious he was not going to back down.
When we arrived in our room we were terribly disappointed with the cleanliness. The baseboards were covered with filth. There were shelves in the 'living room' that had a picture and flowers that were covered in dust. The recliner and sofa in the room were perfectly clean. The shower areas were clean.
On the first day we were there, someone threw up in the small pool. This pool was then closed for the entire week. The large, main pool was cleaned on Tuesday. JUST TUESDAY. Yesterday I let the pool attendant know that there was tree leaves, sand, bugs and suntan lotion floating in the pool. She came out to clean it, but the accumulation of floating stuff in the pool came back almost immediately. I wonder if something is wrong with the filtration system. The hot tub was great.
The hotel has signage that it is a 'smoke free facility.' People were smoking on their balconies right above the pool. Out in the open. There is no sign of any hotel personnel patrolling the grounds to see this.
The 'doggie duty' area is much smaller than I was led to believe. While I think the hotel personnel try to keep this area clean, people are people and not everyone picks up their dog's poop. Yuck. We ended up walking our little one across the street.
The hotel offers free waterpark tickets -- this was fabulous. However when we went to use the discount at the putt putt park, we were told that they no longer have a relationship with Ocean Park. They did give us the discount in the end.
The kitchen was well stocked and everything was in working condition.
We will not stay at the Ocean Park Resort again, unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our oceanfront Myrtle Beach resort features standard rooms and suites able to accommodate the needs of any guest. Featuring furnished private balconies, fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas and guest laundry services, our accommodations feel like your second home. A great bonus is being able to bring your pet on vacation with you. We accept dogs, as long as they are less than 20lbs. Please call for more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Hotel
- Ocean Park Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Myrtle Beach