“Nice hotel easy access to beach”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #56 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Nice hotel easy access to beach”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice hotel liked the fact we were able to bring our dog easy access to beach liked have hottub indoor pool outdoor pool needed cleaned around inside edge though, was little disappointed chairs and umbrellas on beach were $35 to rent I thought it would of been nice to let them be used free of charge after all it cost almost $600 dollars for 4 nights stay and no breakfast provided by hotel like some do

2 Thank Carolynlisa
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Ocean Park Resort. We are glad that you and your dog enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, we have no control over the beach chair and umbrella rentals as they are handled by the city. Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope you'll stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Newcomerstown, Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Great location directly on the beach! We had an oceanfront pet friendly room which was very nice. Very nice rooms for allowing pets... I was pleasantly surprised! Great front desk staff, very helpful! The only downside: the outdoor pet area smelled a little strong. It could stand to be hosed down a little more often but overall a wonderful experience!

2 Thank Stacib1029
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay here and it is perfect location and price! Staff is wonderful as well! The only thing i would maybe change is the balcony to concrete! Seems it would be much easier to get rid of sand that way and not stay so wet!

1 Thank valaw82
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overall a great stay, but the wifi was terrible. Enjoyed the ocean views and the pools at the hotel. Staff was polite and efficient. Unfortunately we could not get rooms on the same floor as requested.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor, great view of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank willeybob
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I chose this resort based on others feedback. I will admit that I was a little apprehensive after some of the reviews I read. I decided to take a chance because of the price. I had surgery a few weeks ago and can't lift anything heavy. This was also a part of my relaxation and recovery time. I called the resort and asked if someone could help me with my luggage when I arrived. They stated once I arrived just let the front desk person know. Upon me checking in I let Michael know I needed help with my luggage and he was so gracious in helping me out. The room was very nice, mini refrigerator, and microwave in the room. "No Oceanview" is what was online and to my amazement I had the most amazing ocean view from my room. I was on the tenth floor and could see the ocean laying the bed. I stayed for 5 days and it was the nicest vacation I've had in a long time. The pools were clean and well maintained. I used the snack and drink machines in resort several times. The housekeeping and maintainance staff were very pleasant and did a wonderful job. I had a minor issue and it was taken care of right away. The two complaints that I had was the elevators were like sauna's just so hot and humid. If I could I would have taken the stairs. Air conditioning unit was a little loud but at least I had AC it was hot/humid during my visit.

Room Tip: There was not restaurant at the resort that I knew of. I went shopping and ordered out. This is a pe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Terri R
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our overal stay was great! We stayed in a two bedroom ocean front the only complaint I had was that there's not enough air conditioning/ventilation in the bathrooms/elevators and the flooring was in awful shape in our room! But the room was great for the price besides that small flaw love coming here will stay again!

1 Thank Cdugan35
Leesville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014

All employees were friendly and helpful. Room had microwave and stovetop but no oven. Living/dining room not arranged well because of fold-down bed. Wifi signal seemed weak except in certain places. Beach access was easy, and outdoor pool I used was very nice. Enjoyed the balcony.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends