“First time here. Love it!”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #77 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my family first time here. The kids loved it from the pools to the beach. We had such a great time we had an oceanfront, so we loved waking up to the beach. The kitchen had everything we needed,we also had free water park passes. The only thing is they pizza was nasty lol. My boyfriend was so happy when we got there extra happy when he seen the hotel. I just booked another stay for October. Love love love it. Its worth the money.

1  Thank Jashawn P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was really nice.... Everything was ok but the room service.... The first night it was clean.... The second night we were waiting for the people to clean the room before we left.... We waited until we heard 2 lady cleaning the room RIGHT next door.... So we decided to put our 4.0lbs puppy in her lil kindle and left. When we came back our room was still messy.... So i called the front desk... The person said they are running behide.... That is perfectly understandable if the two ladies i saw that morning cleaning the rooms next to me.... After he told me that he said they will get there as soon as they could..... We left again and came back still messy.... So we had to do our own sheets and dishes.... Its not a big deal but we are on vacation.... We shouldnt have to and we are paying them to do it for us.... Overall it was ok... I would like ti come back but if the service was like this again (skipping rooms because he/she doesnt want to deal with pets the is locked up in the bathroom or kindle) i dont think i want to

1  Thank Timmy N
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is my sixth year coming to stay at this hotel, and while in the past I would have given them five stars I can only give them three this year. Upon arrival I waited over three hours for my room to be "cleaned" only to finally get the room and find that it actually hadn't been cleaned. Let's say that the bathroom was an awful sight to arrive to. The beds were dirty and the staff even left their cleaning board along with thief cleaning supplies in the middle of a room, as if they just didn't care. I will say that after many years I also expected better elevator service. The only positive feedback is that this is the best hotel that I've been to where I could bring my dogs to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OpenSource42
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The 2 bedroom we had was on the 7th floor and had an ocean front and ocean view. The 2 bedrooms are actually two separate units with doors that can be locked, so this is nice traveling with two couples or family. The room was older and could stand to be updated but it was clean. The elevators and 1st floor was very humid.

The location isn't really walking distance to anything and 20 plus minute to the Bowery or Skywheel. The price for the location was high compared to other similar places located more north of this location. However, if you are looking for a quite place that is pet friendly it is nice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KYTravel89
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Loved the resort. Was disappointed that I could not smoke on our on balcony when I was told that I could when the reservation was made!! Overall really nice accomendations. Very pet friendly, rooms were very clean, ocean view was beautiful and the children loved the indoor and out door swimming pools.

1  Thank 20,052,000
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This is our second time to OceanPark. Overall our stay was great and we plan on returning in the future. Our only issues was daily housekeeping (I felt like the staff was not thoroughly dedicated to being sure everything was clean--felt like they were hoping we would tell them we didn't need service but this is common at any Myrtle Beach hotel I have ever stayed in), there were some delays with check-in due to key issues and lines, and the hot tubs were too hot to be relaxing. The outside pool and lounge chairs are awesome but a few more feet of space would be better on the ocean side of the pool. (A small wall could be removed to allow more space). Overall, though I do recommend OceanPark Resort.

1  Thank Andrea R
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Walked into the room and the first thing I see is an empty ice cream wrapper on the floor. Very visible, not even under a curtain or the bed, just there on the floor. ALL towels had yellow stains on them. I was not able to use one towel and had to air dry after a shower. Don't bother pulling the sheets back, just as disgusting. The hotel needs to invest in stain removers and stronger detergents.

I would not suggest this hotel to any of my friends unless you bring your own towels and sheets.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Yoly S
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ocean Park. Your opinion is extremely important to us. We regret that your stay was not what you expected. Please be assured that any issues you mention have been addressed accordingly. We do hope you'll visit with us again soon, allowing us to provide you with an even better experience, on which we pride ourselves.