“Sad I couldn't bring my dogs this time”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #77 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2014

May 2014 my family and i bought the same two dogs to the same very nice resort but due to new ownership they would let Shadow (50lb dog) stay. We had to relocate; fortunately they provide a sheet of paper with hotels/motels in the area that would take Shadow...so we stayed in a dump without the ocean view. The owners were very nice though.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank acjohnsonma
Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

From the start the people were very nice and the room was clean upon arrival. I liked the pools and the indoor ones were kept warm. The hotel was also located right on the beach so there was no struggle. There were lots of very cute dogs under 20 lbs so for whoever is okay with that this is a great place overall.

2  Thank Masiel B
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A very nice place to stay with a small dog. I looked at other places that allowed dogs and they were horrible. I wouldn't stay in those places ,much let my dog stay there. Ocean Park room was clean, well kept and ideal for a family with or without a pet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We made reservations here through Expedia for a Pet Friendly Hotel. The day before arriving, we called the hotel to double check because their website said " only accepting dogs at this time" oh yeah..WHEN did that happen? We have a CAT. hotel clerk not friendly at all. Pet Friendly is not DOGS ONLY. We lost one night's stay money. Not happy with Expedia either.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank SaucyMoffit
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed with my family (7 of us total) in this hotel for the past 5 years and this year was the only year we experienced problems. First off this review does not reflect staff but upper management. In past the service at this hotel was fabulous not this year....our rooms were cleaned only half the time, we couldn't get any help from the pool staff, there wasn't doggie bags for the first 2 days, and our balcony door was broken. I know these sound like minute problems but from what I saw the service staff was cut in half to reduce costs therefor putting a larger workload on them that they obviously couldn't fulfill. Not to mention they have a new security policy that the basement doors look at 11 for security but what about your guests that have to take their pets out after that time and have to walk around onto the street. That is not very secure for the guests, all they would have to do is invest a little money to install the key entrees outside so you have to have a key to get in after 11. Also the new armband rule to swim at the pools is a joke and inconvience to the guests, we were kicked out of the pool because we forgot the bracelets in the room even though we showed them our room key. Again not a big deal but a huge inconvience when you have to drag kids out of the pool just to go up to the room to get an arm band. The prices at this hotel keep going up which I have never minded and won't mind paying again but now the customer service has dramatically declined which has got to improve to keep guests coming back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Renea D
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my family first time here. The kids loved it from the pools to the beach. We had such a great time we had an oceanfront, so we loved waking up to the beach. The kitchen had everything we needed,we also had free water park passes. The only thing is they pizza was nasty lol. My boyfriend was so happy when we got there extra happy when he seen the hotel. I just booked another stay for October. Love love love it. Its worth the money.

1  Thank Jashawn P
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was really nice.... Everything was ok but the room service.... The first night it was clean.... The second night we were waiting for the people to clean the room before we left.... We waited until we heard 2 lady cleaning the room RIGHT next door.... So we decided to put our 4.0lbs puppy in her lil kindle and left. When we came back our room was still messy.... So i called the front desk... The person said they are running behide.... That is perfectly understandable if the two ladies i saw that morning cleaning the rooms next to me.... After he told me that he said they will get there as soon as they could..... We left again and came back still messy.... So we had to do our own sheets and dishes.... Its not a big deal but we are on vacation.... We shouldnt have to and we are paying them to do it for us.... Overall it was ok... I would like ti come back but if the service was like this again (skipping rooms because he/she doesnt want to deal with pets the is locked up in the bathroom or kindle) i dont think i want to

1  Thank Timmy N