“As always, clean, relaxing, and great staff.”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #61 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
WV
“As always, clean, relaxing, and great staff.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ocean park is always reliable and welcoming. Pets are welcome but I wish the hotel would reconsider to allow dogs on the grass areas of the grounds. They have banned dogs from all but the garage potty area and now no one uses the 4 roomy grassy areas at all. Such a waste. Otherwise, an older hotel but clean and conveniently located.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Internet hardly works in room. Slow and frequent interruptions. Dont expect to get the job done with their internet. Damaged bthrm doors from pet scratches. Small indoor and outdoor pool. One small hot tub. No extra pillows and blankets for pulldown bed. No pot/pan to cook in kitchen. No restaurant onsite and no breakfast. Overpriced for $270+/night plus pet fee.

Deluxe room is quite spacy with washer & dryer in room. Nice oceanfront property. Pet friendly. Airconditioner is quiet. Kitchenette with microwave, stove and full size fridge. 3 miles walk to Sky Wheel. 6 miles drive to Wild Water & Wheels. Free water park entry. Wheels are not included.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The place was clean everyone was very pleasant and gave us information when we needed since we werent from there. They have 2 pool one inside and 1 outside and the same for the hottubs. Really enjoyed both. The beach is awesome once your in you don't want to get out.
We had a quick check in the only thing I didn't like to much was the space it seemed very small the the price we paid. But everything was clean it didn't have any dog smell since pets are allowed. We took our small dog and she was delited. Our neighboors were so loud and disruptive at night kept slamming the door when they went in and out all night. But the desk let me know there was security all night and to call if I needed anything. Over all we had a good experience at myrtle beach for our first time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Springboro, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked this place because my dad had to bring his dog and it was pet friendly.
It was located perfectly by beach!
Parking was great with a garage and easy access to building. Rooms were clean and
kitchen was a plus. My dad loved it and will keep in mine for next time.
Thanks staff for being great and making our stay.....

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Arrived a little early from check in time (4pm)...our room was not ready but Michael said he would call us as soon as it was ready. We had brought our dog so were alittle worried about a "pet room"...room was clean and didn't smell :-) We were very pleased with the size of the room.
There were 5 of us so my son slept in the living room on the pull down bed. They had only supplied a sheet for him to cover with, I would suggest they put a blanket maybe in the closet for the person sleeping on the pull down. Took us 4 attempts of going to the front desk to get a blanket for the room for him...since our phone in the room was not working.
Day of check out let the front desk know for second time about phone and the girl said she would put in a work order.

Other than those 2 small things the resort was great! It rained the whole time we were there pretty much so we were thankful for the inside pool!!

They do have "no pet" areas and I understand why....from our room we witnessed a couple times of a man (same man) bringing his dog out to a grass area and letting it do its business and NOT cleaning up after the dog. Thankfully for the rain no one was out sunning or kids playing in that area. I was very tempted to yell down from our balcony for him to clean up after his dog. The area for the pets has plenty of space for them to do their business on, there was no need of this pet owner going to this area that is "well" posted no pets.

We had a great time even with the weather and would definitely go back to Ocean Park again!

Room Tip: I would suggest a room above 3rd floor level...great views! (as long as you are up off first couple...
Irmo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I will stay here again I just wish there were more parking spaces. I loved that our room overlooked the beach and that the wild water wheels waterpark was included with our stay. The beds were also super comfortable. I also loved that there wasn so much space in the room for my family and I to move around one another.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank steffybf
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My fiance and I stayed for three nights at Ocean Parks. Upon arriving we were greeted by a nice gentleman at the front desk who helped us promptly and assured that if we needed anything they were there to help. We arrived thirty minutes before check-in and our room was already ready. We had a Ocean View room on the 8th floor. It was super clean and plenty of space for the two of us. The hotel didn't smell like dogs. The pools were always in top condition. The elevators were a tad slow, but the hotel was pretty full at the time - so no complaints from us. Overall, we had a great experience and we will be returning next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple