“Enjoyable two weeks; would highly recommend”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #67 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Overall accommodations were great and accepting pets is a plus.. Staff was very friendly and accomodating, room was comfortable and clean and the grounds were well kept. The only negative comment would be that the appliances, even though were clean, were old and rusty; need replacement.
Plan on returning next year.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you found the accommodating to be great and that the staff was very friendly and helpful. I will pass on your comments about the appliances to the General Manager so he can look into it. We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 10 June 2009

I would recomend Ocean Park Resort in Myrtle Beach for my family, friends or everyone to stay on vacation. The hospitialy was wonderful , clean rooms, nice location right on the ocean front. Watch the sunsets go down and the sunrise. Just a beautiful place to stay and you don't want to leave. They are pet friendly. Have outside pool and sauna, also inside pool and sauna. Just a lovel place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you found that the hospitality was wonderful and that you had a clean room. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the view from your room and that you had time to play in the pools. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2009

I stayed at Ocean Park June 5-7, 2009 for my 40th b-day. I booked my reservations through Bookit. I arrived on Friday and there was no linen for the wall bed (front desk said they where out), there was no shower head and no stopper in the sink (maintenance people on staff that late -9pm). After complaining to the manager the next day they finally put a shower head on around 5pm on that Saturday. We had no housekeeping service and this was after complaining to the manager and I stood at the front desk and hear her call housekeeping and still no service. The only thing the manager would/ not could offer me was to leave at noon and not at 11am during check-out. The manager was not helpful nor did she care. She did not follow-up on anything. Let me make sure I don't forget to tell you that it was ONLY 1 elevator working the whole time and this has been a problem for this hotel in the past but I thought by now it would be fixed- I read some of the other complains about this hotel and the elevator has been a problem since April 09. The manager was not helpful, I never saw staff on my floor cleaning and we didn't leave the room until late on Saturday. The room itself was fine the other issues out weighted the way the room looked. I would suggest that you arrive early to the hotel and look at all areas of the room.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize to you for everything that experienced while staying at the Ocean Park Resort. I wanted to let you know that the second elevator will be up and running soon. We are just waiting for the state to come and do their final inspections. I am sorry that the room didn’t have everything in it when you checked in and that you had problems with the housekeeping staff. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the customer service that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 21 May 2009

we took a chance on a different place on our annual trip to M. B. only 1 of the 2 elevators worked because the other was being rehabbed. Casey And Bob were very pleasant and helpful. the maintenace and cleaning crew were also nice. But our room had no clock and the hotel rules state there is a charge for missing clocks . i called the front desk and one was delivered.the frig was badly rusted and so was the inside of the microwave. dogs howled all nite making it difficult to sleep, and no one seemed to stop it. i thought about the dogs that had occupied our room and what they mite have done to the dirty old carpets! this place has "gone to the dogs"!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2009

Thank you for writing a review. I feel that I need to apologize for your stay at our property. It is true that this is a pet-friendly hotel therefore there are going to be pet noise most of the time. I am sorry that you found your room wasn’t properly clean or have all the proper equipment that should be in your room. I hope that in the future you will give us another chance to show you how we strive to treat every guest.

Reviewed 12 May 2009

We had a very pleasant one night getaway at the Ocean Park. The oceanfront room/efficency was comfortable and clean and had a great view. We brought our dog along and this is one of the few places on the ocean that accepts pets. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The only knocks on the place were that they were in the process of replacing the two elevators (with new ones) and only had one of them in back in service during our stay, and the one ice machine that I could find was never able to keep up with the demand. Those few small issues aside, we had a great stay and we would definitely go back to the Ocean Park again. Murphy (our dog) really liked it there, too.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I was a little worried about staying at a pet friendly hotel, and a little more worried after reading some bad reviews about Ocean Park. However, I must say this place was wonderful. The staff at the front desk was wonderful. They made check in and check out very quick and painless. I stayed in an oceanfront king effeciency room. The room was very spacious, had a fully stocked kitchenette, and an excellent view. The room and bathroom were both very clean. The pools and hot tubs were great and very clean as well. This resort is very pet friendly. There is a wonderful place to walk your dog. Nearly everyone I saw had a pet with them, and the staff were very open to the pets being there. True, there was only one elevator in service, but there were people working on the elevators every day I was there. The hotel is also being renovated at this time, so it can only get better. All the staff were very helpful and so accomodating as well. They also have the best parking I've found in Myrtle Beach, two parking decks and parking across the street. I really enjoyed my trip to Ocean Park and will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz5922, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2009

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you were pleased with our pet friendly accommodation and our courteous staff. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us on your vacation. By your next visit the elevators will be up and running.

Reviewed 11 May 2009

The ocean park is a great place to stay if you just want to have a simple trip to Myrtle Beach and enjoy the sun. The cost is very reasonable and the staff was polite and helpful. Their ocean view rooms are perfect if you want to stay in an inexpensive hotel. The deck with pools and hot tubs are spread apart enough that if you want to feel that you have some privacy you can. The front desk clerk Bob is one of the most friendly people we met in Myrtle Beach. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to save a little money but still feel like you are staying in a luxurious resort.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I was happy to read how you were able to take advantage of the discounts and specials making your vacation more affordable. I am glad that the amenities and the staff meet with your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.