“Very Nice View!”

The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Booked my room five days before my arrival due to some friends' wedding. Had an oceanfront suite on the 10th floor which provide a nice & private view of the Atlantic. The room showed some age but the noticeable upgrades were very nice and the floor plan was excellent which was the primary reason I chose the Patricia Grand. I also enjoyed the late 3pm checkout at a modest fee.

Room Tip: Use the Oceana Resorts website to view room listings not offered through the travel sites (i.e. Expe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I had a beautiful stay at the Patricia Grand. We got a oceanfront room with a Nice view. We had a very nice sat up. The location was perfect from the Parks, shopping, and eating. We had a wonderful time! We look forward to staying again very soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We spent the weekend here as I wanted an oceonfront room for my birthday trip to Myrtle Beach late September 2013. We waited until the last minute so oceanfront rooms were hard to come by.

The public areas on the first floor were fine, nothing fancy. The hallway on our floor was pretty grungy. It did seem though that they were going to begin some repairs. I guess since the hallway is open to the outdoors by virtue of some open areas toward the front of the hotel the walls and carpet take a beating.

The room we had looked like it had relatively new furniture and appliances. All the fixtures, however, were old.

The closet doors were sliders and did not stay on track, so, we opened one side and left it open all weekend.

The safe did not work, could not get it to latch.

The towel bars in the bathroom were cheap and bent and almost falling out. I almost lost 2 towels down into the toilet. This I blame on people who pull down on their towels, but, the resort should look for some more-heavy duty because of the abuse they take.

There were two sliding glass doors to the balcony, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The bedroom one would not open and I did call maintenance for that. The guy was up within 5 minutes and got the door open. Both sliding glass doors, though, were very heavy and did not actually slide. You had to lift them a bit and push them over.

The AC in the bedroom ran and ran and was very loud. We did see a thermostat on the wall, but, it did not appear to do anything. Perhaps they are in the process of changing these out.

Wifi worked just fine for us.

The room had one window (fixed closed) that was truly oceanfront. The balconies were just around the corner from the beach, so, we did actually have ocean front, just not straight-on ocean front.

We bought the package which included breakfast for around $5 per person per day. It was OK for that. If you are not good with slightly upgraded hotel breakfasts, you may want to find another restaurant.

All in all, it was OK for a weekend. Not sure I would have enjoyed it as much if I were staying an entire week.

Room Tip: We requested a high-floor room on our reservation, but, did not get one. We were on the 3rd floor, b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My son and I enjoyed the lazy river and in-door pool which were heated. Maintenance person came in within 10 minutes since we called the front desk and was able to fix the light. Had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I had a few days away to ourselves. We really enjoyed our stay at Patricia Grand. We will look forward to staying at Patricia Grand again! We might bring the kids back with us.....maybe not. :)

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Had an incredible stay at this resort. The only two things that I found that I didn't care for was the parking garage was almost impossible to maneuver through and intermittent wifi. The beds were very comfortable, the pillows fluffy and towels always clean. The service was incredible, the food was outstanding and the people were very friendly and courteous. I highly reccommend this for any of my friends or family who might want to visit beautiful Myrtle Beach!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a beach view and you can enjoy sitting on the balcony watching the waves and the sun...
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed there for the weekend everything was great. It was much better than first time 6 months ago mostly because the weather was great and last time it was terrible. Of course this is not the hotels fault. Everything does seem better with beautiful weather at the beach. There was and issue with this reservation made in Travelocity because we needed a pet room. The clerk handled it at check in and let us have the room. This was a good for all our dog is so quiet you never know she is there and it made us very satisfied. The service is great at the hotel.

Room Tip: All are pretty good.
1  Thank kevinndavis61